IGNORED

QPRs match report - good and funny read

Nuno Gomes

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Have to laugh at all the QPr fans view on the rack injustice of the penalty and chose to total miss the point a perfectly good goal was disallowed

To be fair the report does mention that he had no idea why it was disallowed. And he also mentioned Luongo getting away with several fouls whilst Pack got booked for his first one.

I enjoyed that thanks. I especially liked ‘Big Posh Matt chested one down for Little Waddling Luke’, and this para:

Bristol City, meanwhile, may never lose again. This was a fifteenth match without defeat and ninth straight win for a team with the league’s second best defence, now firmly ensconced in the play-off picture as the division’s form team. That they’ve done it despite losing their three best players from last season – Joe Bryan went to Fulham, Bobby Reid to Cardiff, Aden Flint to the Royal Air Force 617 Squadron – only furthers the reputation of coach Lee Johnson, a cross between David Brent and Fievel Mousekewitz whose reputation oddly seems to be better outside Bristol than in. That will equal out if City keep pulling up trees like this.

1 hour ago, Nuno Gomez said:

I know we have Olé but you have got to say this guy is even better. I particularly liked the reference to Flinty's new club. 

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/49691/more-late-penalty-heartbreak-for-luckless-qpr-–-report

What a good read, honest and funny, glad they spotted the rediculous time wasting on the throw ins!

Absolutely superb and so many observations aligned with our collective view of the game. Great credit to the guy for not dipping into the 'massive injustice' theme that many on their forum couldn't avoid.

This line made me laugh the most:

"The penalty, awarded for a foul on Furlong by Diedhiou...."

Subtle, clever but surprisingly difficult to explain to my wife when I sat here giggling as I read the report.

5 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Clive is a professional journalist having studied Journalism at College. His match reports have always been excellent and even handed and his tongue is often firmly in his cheek. I on't doubt he will have been on here having a gander before he compiled his prose.

Thought that was the start of Common People by Blur ?

Archived