IGNORED

Long Distance Travels For Home Games

BessexRED

Just out of curiosity, are there any of you who travel from afar regularly to home games? I saw last night there was a plane carriage rammed with Leeds fans residing in Ireland going over to watch their game with Swansea which is pretty mental.

I know Rob from OSIB travels from London which is a cracking effort, surely there must be more of you that do the same if not further?

29 minutes ago, devoncider said:

up the M5 from south devon isn't the longest by any means but still a reasonable amount of miles on the clock

Same here. Plymouth to Bristol is pretty nightmarish on public transport so don't make it to a lot of games. Annoyingly had tickets to Birmingham for this weekend and now can't go to the Wolves game cause I work Sundays.

I have a season ticket and travel down from Manchester as often as possible. 

To be honest though whilst most seasons i make around 12-15 games, this season i haven't made many home games at all. Between a new job and games getting moved from saturdays for the rugby/ tv i have managed less than 10 in the last 12 months.

I came in from Chicago for the Swansea game....It was colder than 20 witches tits up here...

There are quite a few people that come in from even further away that post here regularly...these days because we can get every game live abroad I don’t rack up so many air miles!!

7 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Just out of curiosity, are there any of you who travel from afar regularly to home games? I saw last night there was a plane carriage rammed with Leeds fans residing in Ireland going over to watch their game with Swansea which is pretty mental.

I know Rob from OSIB travels from London which is a cracking effort, surely there must be more of you that do the same if not further?

When I was in the taxi queue at Elland Road, nearly everyone there was going to the airport

8 hours ago, BessexRED said:

East Sussex, about 20 miles north of Brighton, go when i can but not every match. Drive takes 2-3 hours dependent on how kind the M25 is.

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I came in from Chicago for the Swansea game....It was colder than 20 witches tits up here...

There are quite a few people that come in from even further away that post here regularly...these days because we can get every game live abroad I don’t rack up so many air miles!!

As Oxo knows, Season Ticket holder living in the Cayman Islands: not made it back to AG once this season (saw Brentford away when on way to Dublin for work)

Is there a prize?

I lived in Shrewsbury for ten years and only missed one home game, we were snowed in.

I also lived, or stayed if you're Scottish, in Livingston for two years. Again missed one home game as I came down on Friday night but spent all day Saturday, ill in bed.

I then spent eight years living in Portugal. A minimum of six games per season except 2008-9 when I had an ST and saw twelve at home. I also saw two away games at Watford, evening games and caught first plane out to Lisbon next morning.

So is it a prize or being locked up for being so stupid to waste all that time and money travelling to watch City?

Now does Burnham on Sea qualify as a long way?

Archived