IGNORED

Long Distance Travels For Home Games

BessexRED

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It is compulsory!

I look upon it as more of a mind altering virus that compels you to keep going. You say to yourself on a freezing cold January Tuesday `right, I`m staying home in the warm and watching it on the red button` and the next thing you know is you`re on the M5 going past Exeter with no recollection of how you got there.

12 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Just out of curiosity, are there any of you who travel from afar regularly to home games? I saw last night there was a plane carriage rammed with Leeds fans residing in Ireland going over to watch their game with Swansea which is pretty mental.

I know Rob from OSIB travels from London which is a cracking effort, surely there must be more of you that do the same if not further?

London! (100+ miles)

As my user name suggests I live in Angmering which is in West Sussex, midway between Worthing and Arundel. My wife and I are season ticket holders in the Dolman and have been for a number of years. Relocated from Bristol mid 90's  due to work, bought ST when we retired.

Approx 300 mile round trip... A27/M3/A34/M4 even through the 'snow of the beast from the east' last season and recently for the Swansea game,  many friends who are not into football think we are barking mad and cant see why we dont support Brighton as they are prem and local......they just don't get it do they, once a red always a red.

I live in St Blazey Cornwall.

My daughter and myself season ticket holders a good 5 hour round trip normally ( approx 150 miles each way). night games are a little challenging with her school as well normally get back around 00.30am.

Man City away last year was an educational trip.

Currently in Roydon (Essex/Epping border), but dont get to many home games lately (work/cost), but am down for the mothers birthday this weekend, so will be attending on Sunday.

Did have a season ticket whilst living in Norwich in 08/09, but only made half the games so gave it up as it wasn't cost effective anymore.

get back from Poland around three times a season. Trying to free up my work schedule to bump that tally this season. 

had a bloke have a pop at me at Wembley a few seasons back, saying he hadn't seen me down the Gate. Told him and his mates to piss right off, that I'd come from the other side of Europe and that back when I was living in Bristol I was doing places like Roker Park and Blundell Park with City - added i didn't remember seeing any of them in those away ends :) (granted, think they weren't even alive when Roker was still kicking about).

Archived