IGNORED

Is this as good as it gets?

old_eastender

Let’s not get carried away. I started this season thinking we would be comfortably upper mid table - I think I said 9th - so where we are is great.

However, with Norwich away and other tough games coming up, we could easily slip back to 7th or lower. Play offs would be great, but let’s not get all negative again when we have a small blip in form, or if we end up 7-9th.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Beating Norwich away could be the worst thing to happen, the boys might  think they’ve got promotion in the bag and drop off their intensity. 

:shocking:

I've got a cunning plan... How about we don't win any more games. That way, we cant get complacent...

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

If we stay in the cup there are only four additional matches to play if we make the final.

Hardly a huge problem and a nice little break from the relentless  pressure of the Championship, perhaps a useful distraction ? 

If we stay in the Cup, i.e. should we beat Wolves, there would, in fact, only be three more games, including the Final.

A useful distraction, indeed!

14 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If we stay in the Cup, i.e. should we beat Wolves, there would, in fact, only be three more games, including the Final.

Four additional matches to be played in addition to our League matches , with or without play offs . 

That’s to say that it’s not a long haul to add to our League campaign even if we make the final ( which we will :yes:

Keeps every one buzzing .

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

We also have a game in hand over Norwich and Leeds against 'Boro.

Depends on the result of that, but beat Leeds and Boro we're 5 points behind even if we did lose to Norwich with them beating Bolton.

Halved the 10 points already. With no additional games played by them.

No doubt there will be plenty of twists and turns- it's a great League.

We'll see, maybe this year with no truly outstanding side even a loss at Norwich wouldn't rule it out- I do though see it in terms of top 2 as a 'must not lose' game as opposed to a must win however.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

If City lose at Carrow Rd it won’t necessarily kill off any chance of an automatic spot.  Currently there are 15 matches to go - 45 points up for grabs and anything can happen over that many matches.

Personally I’m simply delighted to be where we are right now and fits in perfectly with my pre season hopes - well placed with around 10-15 games to go. 

Yes, this league is so tough that the dynamic of your position will change on a weekly basis. A terrible loss one week could easily be corrected in the next game

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

If we stay in the cup there are only four additional matches to play if we make the final.

Hardly a huge problem and a nice little break from the relentless  pressure of the Championship, perhaps a useful distraction ? 

Surely if we stay in the cup (ie win on Sunday) then there’s only three additional matches to play if we make the final...?

Edit: I’ve been just seen that @PHILINFRANCE has already highlighted this...

51 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Because of our VERY tough run-in, I'm not expecting us to finish in the top six at all so I'm quite content tbh ?

Because of our very tough run in, I'm expecting City to confound us by winning games against the top teams and cocking up in games against so called lesser teams.

Think we could be pleasantly surprised by how the season unfolds from here but being City, expect us to make life as difficult as possible for ourselves along the way.

We have been extremely good at beating most of the pretenders, well beyond what I though was possible. We now need to play a fair bit better to actually beat the other contenders. Draws against Norwich and Derby not that long ago show we are not that far off, although we need everything to go right, and raise the bar again.

Maybe at the end of the season we look back on this as a high water mark of the season. All we can do is tighten our seat belts and enjoy the ride.

Contenders ready!

34 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Anything is possible. We are finding ways to win and peaking at the right time. Why can’t we beat Norwich and Boro away ? Why can’t we beat Leeds and Derby at home ?

Bring it on I say.

If we do all that we could well end up as Champions!! COYRs.

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The fourth additional game would be the Charity Shield, after we WIN the cup! 

4 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Anything is possible. We are finding ways to win and peaking at the right time. Why can’t we beat Norwich and Boro away ? Why can’t we beat Leeds and Derby at home ?

Bring it on I say.

Quite; we are the form team in Europe. Did the Arsenal invincibles go into any game expecting to lose?! It’s ridiculous some of the defeatist attitudes, we are the frightening ones, not the other way around. 

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Quite; we are the form team in Europe. Did the Arsenal invincibles go into any game expecting to lose?! It’s ridiculous some of the defeatist attitudes, we are the frightening ones, not the other way around. 

Yep seen all the stats in Europe, but has anyone crunched the numbers in the world?

Appreciate may not be readily available, but surely best in the world takes some beating, even if it's a one off?

Dream on!!

It feels very much like it did when we got to the cup SF last year. Everything looked rosy. Turned out we were at the top of one of the peaks on Lee's rollercoaster. Hope it turns out differently this time.

It would only take a run of two or three defeats to change the mood considerably. Wolves then Norwich has the potential to be the start of the big dip.

Even if we tail off and finish seventh that is definitely more than I expected in August.

Archived