IGNORED

Over 20k sold for Wolves

Bar BS3

What I will say is that I can see Wolves trying to raise it with the FA, to push for some sort of punishment like Man Utd did with their restricted allocation at Arsenal.

Maybe that SAG have overridden and that would override, but I can see Wolves pushing the issue and seeing where it goes.

Arsenal to give away Man Utd FA Cup tickets after dispute with Football Association

By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Sharethis page
Free tickets given to fans will cost Arsenal a minimum of £20,000
Free tickets given to fans will cost Arsenal a minimum of £20,000

Around 600 tickets for the FA Cup fourth-round tie between Arsenal and Manchester United will be given to charities and good causes as a result of an agreement struck to end a dispute over ticket allocation.

United complained to the Football Association after they were given 5,000 tickets for the fixture on 25 January.

Emirates Stadium holds 60,000 fans and United were entitled to 15% of tickets.

Arsenal cited safety reasons for their refusal to offer the full 9,000.

However, while the Gunners have given smaller allocations for cup ties against Tottenham and Liverpool, Lincoln and Coventry were given much closer to the 15% when they have visited the stadium in recent seasons.

It has emerged the FA had not approved the lower allocations at Arsenal as they have done for United's FA Cup ties at Old Trafford, where around 11.7% of the 76,000-capacity is handed over to the away team.

The FA also said the remaining 4,000 tickets could only be sold through an agreement between Arsenal and United.

United suggested a symbolic 15% should go to charities and good causes, which Arsenal agreed to.

The Gunners will give these tickets away for free rather than charge.

Prices for the game start at £36.50 for an adult member, rising to a maximum £56.50 for an adult non-member. At this lower figure, the move will cost Arsenal a minimum £20,000.

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You counted them, did you..? And there were “100’s” doing that..? All focused on S82..? 

I’m going to call you out on that one and suggest that you are chatting shite. 

To be fair there were two rows of ob surrounding s82 for the Man City game for reasons unknown. Didnt count them there were a lot.

49 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Is there a medical term for being obsessed with attendances?

Because whatever it's called, @BessexRED is clearly suffering with it. It's not just on this thread either. 

Attendicitis!

Wendyredrobin. Reference to cages was inappropriate at best.

Everyone. Don't get too worked up about how many tickets were allocated. It's not that important that we have to scrap with each other.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If we turned the Atyeo stand into a cage, it would not need policing.

Have you been in a caged end away?  Bloody frightening, no way of defending yourself or running.  You have a lot of confidence in our ’supporters’ if you think that’s an answer.  

Better to get rid of the thin blue line and physical barriers, see how lippy the ***** are then when there’s a chance they might actually get within touching distance.

All this gesturing and ‘come on then’ bollocks is easy when you have a buffer zone.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What I will say is that I can see Wolves trying to raise it with the FA, to push for some sort of punishment like Man Utd did with their restricted allocation at Arsenal.

Maybe that SAG have overridden and that would override, but I can see Wolves pushing the issue and seeing where it goes.

Hopefully we would have agreed a lower allocation with the FA so no issue.

If the capacity is deemed to be 27,000 we would need to agree 3,900 with them anyway.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

All this the opposition doesn’t excite me is bollocks . You should be excited to watch Bristol City at the moment regardless of who they are playing. Enjoy it whilst it lasts 

I agree with you, the FA Cup is the best football competition in the World. It is the only competition where lower league clubs can get the chance to get a pop at the top teams in the country. No other competition in the World gives them a chance like that. We should be proud of the fact that this is only possible in the UK and if I was able to get there and see City get their revenge against a team that arguably stopped our run of good form last season, i would be and especially at those prices.

4 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Christ you’re pig ignorant. If you’d spent the best part of £100 on a day out to Swansea and the police purposely made you miss 20 minutes of the game are you telling me you wouldn’t be wound up?

That was what caused the issue, then the fact the idiots had no presence in the ground, despite usually having 100s of coppers stood staring at S82 for no real reason in big games.

I don't think I would be so wound up that I would spend the next 70 minutes not watching the game. 

I don't believe for 1 second that being heald up for 20 minutes caused issues at all, the issue was every headcase in Swansea picked this game to cause trouble and our normally uneventful headcases saw an opportunity to get stuck in. 

4 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Read the 8 page thread on their forum, they’re adamant no extras have been put off sale from the initial allocation. If the initial allocation was 3.7k it wouldn’t have been listed as TBC and there wouldn’t have been any dispute.

So you've made the allocation of 2600 up then! 

There is no indication that they have not had a full allocation, and just to let you know the details wolves have on their ticket site were on there early BEFORE AN ALLOCATION WAS ANNOUNCED 

Like some others have said,  wolves don't really excite me.  Any team that we've played twice in the last year has very little appeal.  Reminds me of the feeling you get when you play a side one week in the league,  then the next week in the cup.

Plus money is a bit tight at the mo, so would rather save the pennies and spend it on an away day like AV in the next couple of months, now that does excite me!

4 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Like some others have said,  wolves don't really excite me.  Any team that we've played twice in the last year has very little appeal.  Reminds me of the feeling you get when you play a league side one week in the league,  then the next in the cup.

Plus money is a bit tight at the mo, so would rather save the pennies and spend it on an away day like AV in the next couple of months, now that does excite me!

Lucky we didn't draw Man City then!

? OTIB arguing about what away allocations the club are giving, really? Who gives a toss. I’m their to watch my club not whoever we’re playing or what atmosphere the away support create. Fk Em. It’s obvious they’d reduce it following the Swansea game. Home support won’t be allowed in the atyeo alongside away fans unless it’s verses a side with a poor following and the demand for home tickets is there, teams with a big following and there’s no chance it’s happening.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Attendicitis!

Wendyredrobin. Reference to cages was inappropriate at best.

Everyone. Don't get too worked up about how many tickets were allocated. It's not that important that we have to scrap with each other.

All 15ers are born with this condition, and live with it for their entire, miserable lives !

32 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Like some others have said,  wolves don't really excite me.  Any team that we've played twice in the last year has very little appeal.  Reminds me of the feeling you get when you play a side one week in the league,  then the next week in the cup.

But we’ve played Villa twice in the last year and it’s going to cost you a lot more than £12..!

Also, we haven’t played Wolves twice in the last year. We haven’t played them at all in that time..!

If that’s being a bit pedantic, then I assume you won’t bother if we get Man City in the quarter finals, because that would be the third game in (without being pedantic) a year..? 

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

To me it’s a sideshow to the main event - the Championship.

I’ll watch on TV.

Tbh, drawing Wolves was meh for me. Never liked the club and they hold no attraction to me. 

None of the guys I travel in from Nailsea are going either, and yeh, if City get through and draw a top PL club in the 6th rd I’ll probably go along.

6 hours ago, INCRED said:

I don’t disagree with your comment and my head says it’s an unwanted distraction. 

Yeah FFS City, getting to the 5th round for the first time in nearly twenty years is a real downer. And only drawing Wolves! 

You people. 

S01E06-4a0qwfpa-subtitled.jpg

10 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Yeah FFS City, getting to the 5th round for the first time in nearly twenty years is a real downer. And only drawing Wolves! 

You people. 

I've actually got a Wessex bowls match on Sunday - selected weeks ago. Too late to withdraw now. 

Thats the real reason that I won’t be at AG on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

But we’ve played Villa twice in the last year and it’s going to cost you a lot more than £12..!

Also, we haven’t played Wolves twice in the last year. We haven’t played them at all in that time..!

If that’s being a bit pedantic, then I assume you won’t bother if we get Man City in the quarter finals, because that would be the third game in (without being pedantic) a year..? 

Understand where you're coming from bbs3 but just being honest about the way I feel about this tie, can't help how I feel.  Of course ill go down against man city if we draw them,  that tie would excite me,  simple as. 

12 quid towards away travel costs,  quite a big chunk imv. 

21 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Understand where you're coming from bbs3 but just being honest about the way I feel about this tie, can't help how I feel.  Of course ill go down against man city if we draw them,  that tie would excite me,  simple as. 

12 quid towards away travel costs,  quite a big chunk imv. 

So you choose your games based on how big the opposition team is? And Wolves just aren't big enough for you?

I'm guessing you didn't bother with the Plymouth game last season then. Or, say, York City in '83/84? Point is it's all about the City, who gives a **** about the opponents? 

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've actually got a Wessex bowls match on Sunday - selected weeks ago. Too late to withdraw now. 

Thats the real reason that I won’t be at AG on Sunday.

So they're playing a weakened team in the Wessex Cup, to concentrate on the league RR?  :whistle:

:)

Archived