IGNORED

Over 20k sold for Wolves

Bar BS3

On 14/02/2019 at 22:37, Robbored said:

I've actually got a Wessex bowls match on Sunday - selected weeks ago. Too late to withdraw now. 

Thats the real reason that I won’t be at AG on Sunday.

Right. Seems strange you didn’t say this at the start then.

I guess if it had been one of the famed Senior Reds lunches you’d have been there.......

Anyway enjoy the excitement of playing with your balls. Me and the boy are looking forward to the game. Rain or shine. Win or lose.....

15 minutes ago, MattWSM said:
Capacity 27 699
  10,832 (Lansdown Stand)
  4,240 (Atyeo Stand)
  6,484 (Dolman Stand)
  6,143 (South Stand)

Based on the above and the city ticket site being correct:

Capacity - 27,699

Atyeo -  4,240 

Home area - 23, 459

Less current unsold 350, about

Home area sold - 23,109

Plus Wolves - 2,600

Expected - 25,609

If Wolves 3,600 then 26,609

I dont know why it's never as simple as that. I predict 24,200.

16 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Right. Seems strange you didn’t say this at the start then.

I guess if it had been one of the famed Senior Reds lunches you’d have been there.......

Anyway enjoy the excitement of playing with your balls. Me and the boy are looking forward to the game. Rain or shine. Win or lose.....

I play bowls around 3 or 4 times a week and it’s not always easy to remember what my schedule is......that’s why .my phone and indoor  calendar are so crucial.

I’d overlooked that I’m playing in the Wessex in an hours time.

35 minutes ago, MattWSM said:
Capacity 27 699
  10,832 (Lansdown Stand)
  4,240 (Atyeo Stand)
  6,484 (Dolman Stand)
  6,143 (South Stand)

Based on the above and the city ticket site being correct:

Capacity - 27,699

Atyeo -  4,240 

Home area - 23, 459

Less current unsold 350, about

Home area sold - 23,109

Plus Wolves - 2,600

Expected - 25,609

If Wolves 3,600 then 26,609

You haven’t allowed for reductions for segregation areas, TV camera areas, Corporate areas, Player & club complimentary tickets, or 10% reduction in areas that “tolerate” standing. 

I reckon you can take a total of about 2k off of the actual capacity in home areas. 

Still an excellent attendance though! 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I play bowls around 3 or 4 times a week and it’s not always easy to remember what my schedule is......that’s why .my phone and indoor  calendar are so crucial.

I’d overlooked that I’m playing in the Wessex in an hours time.

Have a good time. Nice day for it! 

And a City win!

1 hour ago, JakeOTIB said:

I have a feeling this one might be a sell-out.

As far as possible, a thousand or so not on sale in the Atyeo and another few hundred for cameras.

Should be around 25k I would think.

Cheaper tickets helps of course but the pull of the FA cup aint totally dead..

15 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

A potential good example of what could happen if we drop ticket prices.

Enjoy the game those of you attending!

Fingers crossed we can beat wolves and repay them for last year. 

We sell 18/19k for most home league games. We’d go bust if we reduced prices for everyone, to entice an extra 2k to come along..! 

8 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

So where were the remaining 3300 seats to take it to the capacity 27699

800 in the Atyeo

150 upper lansdown

Where else?

Im genuinely interested in the answer to this as I was watching the ticket sales in the countdown to the game and seeing only single seats across the majority of the stadium  yet only 24.3k . Happy to be shown where I’m missing something .. 

9 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

800 in the Atyeo

150 upper lansdown

Where else?

I was wondering where we could fit another 3000 people in too. Probably more than 150 you mention spare in the upper Lansdown, and quite a few in the lower next to the Wolves fans too. There were a few seats near me in the SS today spare too. I don’t usually sit here and chose seats right in the middle, a prime spot I thought but there were odd seats available which surprised me. Maybe the seats were sold but people didn’t attend?

5 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Im genuinely interested in the answer to this as I was watching the ticket sales in the countdown to the game and seeing only single seats across the majority of the stadium  yet only 24.3k . Happy to be shown where I’m missing something .. 

Club also tweeted single seats only , yet there was almost a whole block empty in the Lansdown. Hard to understand really

39 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

800 in the Atyeo

150 upper lansdown

Where else?

29 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

24 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Club also tweeted single seats only , yet there was almost a whole block empty in the Lansdown. Hard to understand really

27 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was wondering where we could fit another 3000 people in too. Probably more than 150 you mention spare in the upper Lansdown, and quite a few in the lower next to the Wolves fans too. There were a few seats near me in the SS today spare too. I don’t usually sit here and chose seats right in the middle, a prime spot I thought but there were odd seats available which surprised me. Maybe the seats were sold but people didn’t attend?

There were empty corporate areas. A reduction in Atyeo capacity of 800? for segregation. Probably several hundred taken out for tv camera points. Plus 10% reduction for areas where standing is tolerated, plus seats dotted around. 

Losing 3k seats in a 27k capacity ground isn’t difficult. 

One thing I don’t get, is why the ticketing system, once at general sale stage, doesn’t make you take the next available seats, rather that letting people leave odd single seats available. Surely not hard to programme. 

Let people pick their preferred stand & block. Even row, but then auto select the next available seats, rather than let people leave odd ones. 

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

One thing I don’t get, is why the ticketing system, once at general sale stage, doesn’t make you take the next available seats, rather that letting people leave odd single seats available. Surely not hard to programme. 

Let people pick their preferred stand & block. Even row, but then auto select the next available seats, rather than let people leave odd ones. 

They can't even get cup tickets on the season card.  I think something like you are suggesting would be waaaaaay beyond them!

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

No but no trouble either.

There were a few being a bit loud, kids mostly, but it all seemed good humoured. There didn`t seem to be any hint of trouble. Might have been different if we`d won mind.

I think everyone had enjoyed seeing a good game of football and the Wolves fans knew how fortunate they`d been to win.

Archived