IGNORED

Mark Lawrensons BBC Predictions...

Silvio Dante

47 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yep. Being realistic, we have beaten teams we “should” beat. It is still a great run because the championship is so tough but we have been the stronger teams in most of these 15 games unbeaten. Just been professional enough to see the games through.

Wolves are 7th in the prem and probably only going to get better. They have talent you’d see at bigger clubs abroad like a Valencia or Inter Milan. Wolves would compete very well against sides like that. They are favourites for sure and with all things considered I’d probably have them down to go through. Not saying we can’t but we will be up against it at times. 

All that said, Lawrenson is a clown. Can’t stand the guy. Merson comes next for me though much further behind in pundits I dislike

Surely you’re forgetting the moronic Robbie Savage? I have to admit I don’t watch Sky, so don’t see many of the pundits, but how the BBC can build programmes round RS appals me.

The oddschecker site is tipping us from an upset (along with Donny):

Super Sunday FA Cup Acca

Super Sunday FA Cup Acca
Ryan Elliott | 09:53 Friday 15th February 2019

We've gone for a pair of upsets with this 27/1 monster double!

Bristol City v Wolves - 13:00

We only have three FA Cup matches on Sunday, and I genuinely do believe it’ll be a special weekend of upsets – this FA Cup double, while bold, might be worth a gander…

Bristol City, who are on an incredible nine-match winning streak, are my favourites to beat Wolves at Ashton Gate, particularly when they’re as long as 15/4 to progress. The Robins won’t have forgotten last season’s dramatic League Cup victory over Manchester United in a hurry, and they are one of those sides who always raise their game in these huge matches.

Even against Manchester City in the League Cup semis last year, Lee Johnson’s men were nothing short of exceptional, and were desperately unlucky to go out; considering the form they are in, 15/4 is an amazing price.

There’s little doubt that Wolves – who have won four of their last six – are going to fancy their chances in this one, but they scraped through the last round against League One Shrewsbury by the skin of their teeth in a replay. If they perform against City like they did in both legs against Shrewsbury, they’ll lose; it’s an outcome I can see happening, which is why I’m backing a home win.

Despite my earlier general rant about Mark Lawrenson, it was more addressing my annoyance at his continued employment as a high profile presenter for the last 20 years where the game has progressed but his whole presence is like a throwback to the 70s.  It is, in fact, an irrational annoyance as I hardly ever watch Match of the Day, Football Focus or BBC football as Sky and BT sport pretty much cover it all in a better and more comprehensive way.  I actually agree with him on this one and make Wolves favourites to get through, and my rant was just an excuse to have a pop at him, not his prediction!;)

35 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Surely you’re forgetting the moronic Robbie Savage? I have to admit I don’t watch Sky, so don’t see many of the pundits, but how the BBC can build programmes round RS appals me.

I don’t mind him too much as a HT pundit or something like that. Not a fan when he is there during the match but generally not great

10 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

He used to be a pundit on HTV, was actually nowhere near as good as Roger Malone (which takes some doing!).  Somewhere around 1995/6 after we had just got relegated (following the sacking of Russell Osman but Joe Jordan's return failed to stop our relegation) we signed a defender, Richard Dryden who, despite us not having a great season, played well enough to attract a successful bid and fairly big money move to Southampton in the Premiership (as it was known then).  Lawrenson's reaction was that, if Dryden was still playing in the Saints prem. team by the end of the season he would walk naked through the centre of Bristol. As it happened, Dryden had a very decent season and was still playing in their 1st team at the end of the 95/96 season but, fortunately for all Bristolians he was "snapped up"  by the BBC national Football institution and the whole thing was conveniently forgotten, which was a good thing! 

I consider myself a very tolerant bloke and am prepared to hear pundits out and respect their views  and opinions whatever, but the fact that this bloke was called up by the Beeb for their flagship football programmes (MOTD) and has actually continued in a high profile job, really boils my piss! He is a dullard, ignorant of the progressive nature of the game,  and a total imbecile who shows a shocking lack of knowledge of the wonderful game even if he was an ordinary fan, let alone a bloke we have to suffer on our telly, and obviously gets paid a decent wad to spout his ignorance! 

Rant over!!

Superb

agree with every word

Talking of tipsters, and ex-fooballer experts...............i  always look at the Racing Posts Saturday Jury feature, I always do the exacct opposite of who ever Didi Hamman tips, he might have been an excellent player, but as a tipster he is truly apalling.  With probably a 75 per cent failure rate  , Didi [what a dumb name] tips Derby today?...................Oh no, have just seen he tips us to beat Wolves tomorrow, so thats us out of the cup?

Archived