IGNORED

Marley Watkins , remember him ? Issues come and get me message

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

He’s been injured but he’s had game time earlier in the season. Could even be our back up ‘target man’ as some have mentioned, though I’d rather see Taylor or Semenyo should Fammy get a knock. 

Either way, not writing Marley off yet. 

Not pretty on the eye, but effective, physical wide man, with an eye for a goal.  Won’t make our best eleven, but useful to have around.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not pretty on the eye, but effective, physical wide man, with an eye for a goal.  Won’t make our best eleven, but useful to have around.

Agree with this.

For all the criticism he gets, he wasn’t bad in his run of games earlier in the year. Excellent header for a goal against Sheff Utd too.

I’d go further than not making best eleven - don’t think he makes our best match day 18, but can’t fault his work rate. He’s a solid, unspectacular lower half champ/top half league one player and had we been in the lower half, could quite easily see him playing to make us more solid.

I think we’ve just progressed quicker than he or us expected when he joined in the summer. It happens, and he’ll probably go in the summer for that reason - but won’t go with any particular bad feelings from me

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Article in the Post bigging up his old Barnsley boss .

» “I loved my time in Scotland and I have a lot of goodmemories. I’m sure Paul will love it as well.”

Do I detect a ‘ come and get me ‘ message ?

It hasn’t worked out so great for him here as yet . 

Doesn't sound like a come and get me message that's your opinion, when I read the headline you posted thought he had actually said it, get enough click bait on you tube.

59 minutes ago, pillred said:

Doesn't sound like a come and get me message that's your opinion, when I read the headline you posted thought he had actually said it, get enough click bait on you tube.

Sorry , I have been infected . I should have added a question mark .

Seems to me like he was sending out a cry for help and I was wondering if anyone else thought the same or had any inside knowledge. 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Article in the Post bigging up his old Barnsley boss .

» “I loved my time in Scotland and I have a lot of goodmemories. I’m sure Paul will love it as well.”

Do I detect a ‘ come and get me ‘ message ?

It hasn’t worked out so great for him here as yet . 

Hope so we could have got him on a free if we would have waited till january

30 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Some very harsh comments on this forum about Marley this season. Glad to see there's sensible posts on this thread. He was very good at Barnsley,  but has been injured a lot and just hasn't worked out yet. I know Neil Warnock gets some wrong but he tried to sign Marley last season. LJ clearly rates him too.

Neil warnock signed Tomlin an madine?

52 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Doubt we will get our £1m back - whenever he goes!

Signed at the age of 27 on a 3 year deal, was probably not one where you are really expecting too much sell-on vale....same as Hunt really.

Assuming he doesn’t set the world on fire during these final months, should someone come in for him in the summer, you wouldn’t think it would be for >£500k.  I expect he’ll play a part and he might chip in with a crucial goal somewhere.

From an FFP / Amortisation angle, his value is £667k in the summer, so wouldn’t be a huge hit if we did get interest.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

He's been out injured start started to return - he has a pretty good goal return for us when he played. He might not be pleasing on eye when he plays, but he's pretty effectual. 

Absolutely agree (and with what other people have said above).

With the loan system how it is, I'd be reluctant to let go of a versatile Championship standard player. 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Sorry , I have been infected . I should have added a question mark .

Seems to me like he was sending out a cry for help and I was wondering if anyone else thought the same or had any inside knowledge. 

Couldn't blame him, but it would be hard on almost any member of the current team barring injury to lose their place, 15 games unbeaten is hard to argue against, that's why I would hate to be a no2 goalkeeper sometimes your lucky to get half a dozen games a season.

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Tannery is still where it always was on corner of Coronation Road up from the toll house we’re talking about here. 

Ah, that's the one on Clift House Road I recall as a kid.

? Not sure how the quote feature puts this in a different thread. How to move or delete?

Archived