IGNORED

Nottingham Forest semi-final, 30 years ago today

The Exiled Robin

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps the over riding memory I have of this game is the rain pouring down .

We had Joe Jordan , anything was possible. 

What happened to Paul Mardon ? Didn’t he join Birmingham ?

No idea what came of Mardon, but I know some woman claiming to be his cousin was working in London in the mid 90s. Seemed to be too obscure a link to actually be worth lying about.

had a look on 11v11, and today is also the anniversary of getting spanked in the cup at Forest. Pretty sure that was my then girlfriend's (now wife) first venture to see City. Being the old romantic, I refused to pay the 4 quid extra for seats, so made her stand on the open terrace in the hail, her unable to see anything, and when she suggested she leave and go to the shops, I lied and said the ground was locked and they wouldn't let her out until the end. She still holds a grudge.

15 Feb 1992 Nottingham Forest v Bristol City L 4-1 FA Cup

Yes, went to Birmingham, but probably had the best stint of his career at West Brom.

As a schoolboy he was a striker for Merrywood School and Fair Furlong.  He was the same school age as me.  I do remember pushing school rugby against him (I was Hengrove) and he took the conversions.  As he ran up to take one the ball toppled over (in those days you had to make your own “tee” out of mud) and he just stopped and tried to replace it as one of forwards piled onto him.  He wasn’t happy!!

Another Bristol lad who forged a very decent career in pro football.

22 minutes ago, One Dickie Rooks said:

Was shagging a MILF in Llanelli and stayed over this weekend 30 years ago,cost me my first marriage later when the wife found out?

Sir Dickie of Rooks would never acted in such an obscene and underhand way. How very dare you, Sir?

On 15/02/2019 at 14:46, One Team In Keynsham said:

No idea what came of Mardon, but I know some woman claiming to be his cousin was working in London in the mid 90s. Seemed to be too obscure a link to actually be worth lying about.

had a look on 11v11, and today is also the anniversary of getting spanked in the cup at Forest. Pretty sure that was my then girlfriend's (now wife) first venture to see City. Being the old romantic, I refused to pay the 4 quid extra for seats, so made her stand on the open terrace in the hail, her unable to see anything, and when she suggested she leave and go to the shops, I lied and said the ground was locked and they wouldn't let her out until the end. She still holds a grudge.

15 Feb 1992 Nottingham Forest v Bristol City L 4-1 FA Cup

Against you or the Forest, Keynsh?

On 15/02/2019 at 12:59, The Exiled Robin said:

A little something I've written to commemorate this game, including throwback highlights videos - one absolutely beauty of 30-minute extended highlights, one shorter for those who have less spare time!

http://theexiledrobin.org/2019/02/leaguecupsemi30yearson/

Thanks for the reminder. Brilliant night out...one of the finer City performances. Very unlucky to draw that match...and not to make it to the final.

Can't find it now but there used to be a wonderful clip on YouTube of the crowd singing 'come on you reds' before the teams ran out for the home leg...the sort of noise that is never generated at home these days

Edit: found it...note to singing section...keep it simple!

Archived