IGNORED

Play Off Dates

Undy English

I checked back to last year and I have anticipated the first semi final to be Friday the 10th of May. Second on the Saturday. Third on Monday the 13th and last on Tuesday the 14th with the final two weeks later

I have no clue if that is how it will work this year. Not sure why they can’t announce the dates earlier than they do. 

24 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I checked back to last year and I have anticipated the first semi final to be Friday the 10th of May. Second on the Saturday. Third on Monday the 13th and last on Tuesday the 14th with the final two weeks later

I have no clue if that is how it will work this year. Not sure why they can’t announce the dates earlier than they do. 

Just did the same and this was the conclusion I came to. Forgo that the games are relatively close together but then there's a big lull until the final.

1 hour ago, Angmering Red said:

Seem to remember, though happy to be corrected, that in 'our' play off season the first leg was the Fri/Sat after the last match of the official season. The second leg was the following Mon/Tues then you have an inordinatley long wait until the final, which is on the Bank holiday weekend.

Just had a look: our games in 2008 were Saturday/Tuesday, and Hull played Sunday/Wednesday.

Last year the games were Friday/Saturday and then Monday/Tuesday

14 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

One game at a time

9 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Aren't we getting a little too ahead of ourselves here? Almost Swindon stylee

I agree that is what the team should be thinking.  

As a fan, however, what do you do? Most will have to take some holiday to make it to semi finals. Chances are you won’t know if you will be in the top 6 until 2-3 weeks maximum before last match of the season. 

Personally already booked those dates off on the off chance we make it. If i waited any longer I’d probably not be able to take it

AppyDaze, I know a few on here have been very upset with your negativity and I have made the odd comment too but I am assuming you have this 'good luck charm' of expecting the worst for us and this keeps helping us do so remarkably well?

If so I owe you an apology and so do others. Keep the charm going!

Archived