IGNORED

Superstitions

Red DNA

As we have been on this great winning streak for awhile now I don’t think it can all be down to LJ and all the backroom guys and gals.

I’m declaring my hand in this run by me sticking to my own superstitions of:-

1) If not attending a match I must NEVER hear any commentary or see any text etc until at least 10 minutes after the game has finished. 

2) On away game days I always wear my ‘1897’ t-shirt, usually under a red jumper. 

Anyone else like to take credit for helping the team by having their own superstitions?

49 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I’ve decided not to go on Sunday because I haven’t been to any of the other FA cup games, and I don’t want to jinx our run. 

Will watch it on tv instead. 

That's nothing, hundreds of thousands of Bristol Rovers fans have refused to attend any of their matches for several decades, for that same reason. A very superstitious bunch. Got to admire their commitment. 

Once, on an away trip to Oldham, it was bloody freezing, so I popped in to the club shop to buy a snazzy pair of Oldham Athletic gloves. We won. So I wore them to the next home game. We won.

To cut a long story short, I ended up watching quite a few games at Ashton Gate while wearing bright blue OAFC gloves. And yes, I did look like a bit of a dick.

1 hour ago, Red DNA said:

As we have been on this great winning streak for awhile now I don’t think it can all be down to LJ and all the backroom guys and gals.

I’m declaring my hand in this run by me sticking to my own superstitions of:-

1) If not attending a match I must NEVER hear any commentary or see any text etc until at least 10 minutes after the game has finished. 

2) On away game days I always wear my ‘1897’ t-shirt, usually under a red jumper. 

Anyone else like to take credit for helping the team by having their own superstitions?

Superstitions, how do they work? How does wearing a t-shirt influence the outcome of an event?

1 minute ago, swanker said:

Superstitions, how do they work? How does wearing a t-shirt influence the outcome of an event?

No idea why they work but my red socks do the trick........I wear them every game at AG.

I won’t be there on Sunday so if City lose, I’ll know the reason why.....

Archived