IGNORED

Stadium/houses

Mtimmy11

After just seeing our stadium in all its glory on the news,My wife said why don't they finish it off ,meaning the Atyeo stand.Does anybody know any news on this because after looking on right move the houses behind seem to change hands quite often.A couple of rugby friends reckon we can build there anytime but I am not to sure,cheers

I reckon we can improve the Atyeo without the houses. There is space behind for the car park which isn’t needed so much now. We should do what Liverpool did with their new stand and just build on top of the Atyeo at the height of the Dolman. Will look smart and take the capacity well over 30k

5 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I think the issue is light and that is why it was built to that height 

That’s right. From what I remember, the Atyeo Stand was originally meant to have a capacity of about 9,000 with two tiers but the design had to be scaled back because of the effect of the light issue. 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Are we really going to go through this again? 

John Lansdown confirmed we have not purchased any of the houses also no current intention to do so 

Move on.... 

The conspiracy theorists would say perhaps Bristol City FC or whatever the official name is hasn't bought them but perhaps Pula sports or something has ;)

10 minutes ago, Offside said:

That’s right. From what I remember, the Atyeo Stand was originally meant to have a capacity of about 9,000 with two tiers but the design had to be scaled back because of the effect of the light issue. 

At the time correct. Right to light is less of a thing now and presumably if the club owned the houses it wouldn’t be a thing full stop as they’d demolish them to make way for a bigger stand.

I still can’t decide if the club own the house - certainly something like 12 of the 16 directly behind AG have changed hands in last 7-8 years. However we’ll never know until the day the club suddenly say they have plans and own the lot... 

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

At the time correct. Right to light is less of a thing now and presumably if the club owned the houses it wouldn’t be a thing full stop as they’d demolish them to make way for a bigger stand.

I still can’t decide if the club own the house - certainly something like 12 of the 16 directly behind AG have changed hands in last 7-8 years. However we’ll never know until the day the club suddenly say they have plans and own the lot... 

There's one for sale on right move atm, surely if the theory is true that we're buying them up then they wouldn't even make it to a website like right move?

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

John Lansdown confirmed we have not purchased any of the houses also no current intention to do so 

Move on.... 

If the club were buying the houses up they wouldn’t go public with it.

Given that Lansdown has been quick to snap up all other areas around AG I’d be very surprised if he hasn’t brought land in the area we probably need it most. 

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If the house owners agreed on an annual fee for a higher Atyeo surely this would be possible. My taking is that they are more concerned about what's going on a Ashton Road on matchdays rather than a loss of sun shine.

Can we buy their right to light?

14 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Liverpool bought up the houses around Anfield for about a quid each. Houses on Ashton Road would start from around £300k 

The ones directly behind the Atyeo go for 400-500k depending on size and condition. Given there is 16 at least to guy that’s no mean outlay. 

2 minutes ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Can we buy their right to light?

It doesn’t exist anymore, it’s not a legal right. 

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

Move on.... 

Correct, but for some reason this crops up on a regular basis. SL also said that he he considered building a new Atyeo to give a 35k capacity as part of the ground redevelopment but decided against it due to the cost of buying the houses. His logic was that if City managed promotion to the Premier League it would be a 27k ish sell out for all home matches.  This would be sufficient as it’s TV, Premier League pay outs and corporate income that counts, not a few extra supporters in the ground. A 35k capacity ground would not sell out to most of the teams in the bottom half of the Premier League 

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The morning sun touched gently on the eyes of Lucy Jordan of course

I take back everything I’ve said about you. You obviously live on a higher plain than the mere mortals on the forum 

13 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

If the club were buying the houses up they wouldn’t go public with it.

Given that Lansdown has been quick to snap up all other areas around AG I’d be very surprised if he hasn’t brought land in the area we probably need it most. 

Houses have been put up for sale on Ashton Rd over the last few years, purchased....and then gone back on the Market.

That wouldn’t happen if the club had been buying them up one at a time.

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

It doesn’t exist anymore, it’s not a legal right. 

That’s not entirely true. The law has changed and it’s a bit more complicated than it used to be, but those living in the houses behind the Atyeo would have a good case, particularly the  long standing residents 

Archived