IGNORED

Stadium/houses

Mtimmy11

11 hours ago, General Zod said:

Crazy.  If those houses are worth £300k plus it confirms my thoughts that the world has gone mad and I’m glad I no longer live in Bristol 

Sold in August for £447,000 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=52677528&sale=7968151&country=england

There was a thread at the time showing the estate agents description of the property ,no mention to potential buyers of the close proximity to a football ground.

14 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I think people underestimate how big crowds could be if we ever got to the premier league 

how many have you heard say we would go and watch city if they ever got promoted 

we have a huge huge catchment area and football is more popular then ever

ps it grates me when people would want to watch us in the top flight but not now

Most of those people are all mouth. Ask them to pay a going rate of £35 for a Prem game against, say, Crystal Palace and how many of them would be there?

On 16/02/2019 at 01:50, zippycar said:

According to the excellent Harry Dolman book the club used to own a lot of the houses and had to sell them off in hard times 

Don't have my copy to hand at moment but think this was in the 30's

Actually it was in the 60s/70s as part of the financing of the building of the Dolman Stand, looking at the details it looks like we owned 6 of them and they were valued at £7k each! I think that it's a bit ironic really that we sold an element required to upgrade the whole ground just to add one stand. It's also amazing to think that selling them only provided a fraction of the money required to build one stand. 

7 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

What are the possibilities of an eventual 'upsizing of the Dolman??

Maybe not as 'statuesque as the Lansdown but enough to push us to 30k..

It only has a lifespan of 25 years apparently so I guess there is a chance of that being flattened in future but not much space behind unless we acquire land off council/bowling club? 

8 hours ago, Cider red said:

IF we ever become established in the prem, I would love to see a huge kopend with a new dolman stand taking the capacity to 35-40k. No reason we wouldn't sell out for bigger games. We could incorporate segregation into the dolman corner so we don't lose seats.

Won't happen, with us being the worst club in the region they will all be in the new 30k all seater with the Sags....

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 20:21, TonyTonyTony said:

We don’t need to expand. We only fill the stadium 3 or 4 times a year. From the Dolman you can see loads of empty seats most games

not very forward thinking though is it? no way IF we ever get promotion will 27,000 be anywhere near enough, I suggest if you have a season ticket to renew, because if we go up and I know that's not guaranteed you wont have a cat in hells chance of getting your seat back.

14 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Maybe with modern materials and structures the stand could be constructed to not impact required light? Reflective materials, glazing etc ... just a thought 

It’s an interesting concept, providing the sun reflecting from the Stand didn’t act as a death ray and kill the residents 

https://www.citylab.com/design/2013/09/can-reflective-buildings-produce-death-rays-be-prevented/6758/

14 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Heard some foreign bloke nicknamed 'Wally' bought one of the houses behind the Atyeo and is holding out for £10 Million for it.. ;) 

Pretty common knowledge he's contractually obliged to accept anything from £300K for it though.

On 22/02/2019 at 23:46, pillred said:

not very forward thinking though is it? no way IF we ever get promotion will 27,000 be anywhere near enough

Says who ? Where is the evidence we would sell 30, 35 or 40 k tickets every game? 

If we were to go up and become AB established team, and maxing out every game THEN by all means expand.

I have to say these posters trotting this we dont need to expand baloney are you the same ones who a few years ago were on here spouting the same crap saying we dont need a 27k stadium whats the poit of that!! It will be embarissing with 10 -12k rattlling around should we reach the prem how many do you think would wan tickets first game home to liverpool for example

13 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

how many do you think would wan tickets first game home to liverpool for example

How many do you think would want tickets against Huddersfield at home (for example). Also If we got relegated (likely) would 13000 empty seats be a good look in the Championship ?

4 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Says who ? Where is the evidence we would sell 30, 35 or 40 k tickets every game? 

If we were to go up and become AB established team, and maxing out every game THEN by all means expand.

says me, if we took 40,000 all the way to London for a tin pot trophy not once but 3 or 4 times and had many games that attracted more than 30,000 the last time we were in the top flight says 27,000 will not be enough, maybe for the games against some of the lesser sides we may get ONLY get 25,000, but surely if we could sell 35 40,000 for at least 8 games a season it's worth expanding the ground. I for one would like to see us be one of the top 7 or 8 clubs and see no reason we couldn't be one can you?

Archived