IGNORED

FA Cup Game

ColchesterDan

Good Morning Everyone,

Myself and my two boys (8 & 6) will be visiting your stadium for the first time tomorrow, we are currently on our own FA Cup run where we have been going to every round since the second qualifiers and are hoping to make it all the way to Wembley, so tomorrow will actually be our eighth FA Cup game so far this season.

As you can imagine we have gone from watching games from under 100 people so the prospect of visiting your stadium is very exciting to the kids and they have been busy trying to learn things about your great club.

We are in the family enclosure tomorrow in the upper tier so it looks like it will be a great view and hopefully an even better game.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and wish you all the best tomorrow and for the rest of the season.

Dan 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Welcome! I’d suggest getting to the ground a good hour before kick off, to spend some time around the fan village, visit the sports bar and take it all in. 

It’s a great stadium now and I hope you & the boys enjoy the day. 

Thank you, I had not heard of the fan village so we will definatley visit that, we are planning on parking in David Lloyd car park which I believe is fairly close.

The club have also been very kind and agreed to give us a mention on their PA system that the boys will love, unfortunately I was to late for programme. 

8 minutes ago, ColchesterDan said:

Good Morning Everyone,

Myself and my two boys (8 & 6) will be visiting your stadium for the first time tomorrow, we are currently on our own FA Cup run where we have been going to every round since the second qualifiers and are hoping to make it all the way to Wembley, so tomorrow will actually be our eighth FA Cup game so far this season.

As you can imagine we have gone from watching games from under 100 people so the prospect of visiting your stadium is very exciting to the kids and they have been busy trying to learn things about your great club.

We are in the family enclosure tomorrow in the upper tier so it looks like it will be a great view and hopefully an even better game.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and wish you all the best tomorrow and for the rest of the season.

Dan 

The kids section in the upper tier is excellent, the boys will love it. 

As others have said, get down there early, have a wander around. There’s some great ‘finishing touches’ around the place, particularly in the concourses.,

7 minutes ago, ColchesterDan said:

Good Morning Everyone,

Myself and my two boys (8 & 6) will be visiting your stadium for the first time tomorrow, we are currently on our own FA Cup run where we have been going to every round since the second qualifiers and are hoping to make it all the way to Wembley

So are we...

Thats a great idea to get the kids involved and get the feeling of the momentum growing as each round progresses. 

As already said, be sure to get there early to take it all in and try to remember to walk around inside the stadium - you can go around the three home stands unhindered, to see all the memorabilia (not that it will mean much to you guys but just to see what can be achieved on a rebuild project)  

I think it’ll be a classic full bloodied cup tie - but hopefully without any really nasty stuff, between two good managers who I understand are friends off the park. 

If the boys are naughty for some reason threaten to take them up to the “Tent End” at the other ‘stadium’ somewhere in this fair city, that should be enough to get them in line.

Have a great day 

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The kids section in the upper tier is excellent, the boys will love it. 

As others have said, get down there early, have a wander around. There’s some great ‘finishing touches’ around the place, particularly in the concourses.,

Thank you, we are setting off at 8am, so all being well we should arrive in plenty of time.

We actually saw your old manager Gary Johnson earlier on in our FA Cup adventure where his Torquay side played a team called Brightlingsea Regent in the Third Qualifying Round. That ground was so small their team coach couldn't get up the small road to the ground, so they had to park in a nearby housing estate and walk the remaining  400 yards to the ground.

10 minutes ago, ColchesterDan said:

Thank you, we are setting off at 8am, so all being well we should arrive in plenty of time.

We actually saw your old manager Gary Johnson earlier on in our FA Cup adventure where his Torquay side played a team called Brightlingsea Regent in the Third Qualifying Round. That ground was so small their team coach couldn't get up the small road to the ground, so they had to park in a nearby housing estate and walk the remaining  400 yards to the ground.

That’s what I love about the FA Cup, a club like that can enter and take part in the same competition as the likes of Man City

1 hour ago, ColchesterDan said:

Good Morning Everyone,

Dan 

That's something I'd love to do, hope you make it all the way to Wembley .

As others have said, get there a little early, visit the Fan park. There's music food and usually a good mix of fans and a good atmosphere. The sports bar and the super size TV , the kids will like that , and if you're in the home section could be worth going in a little early to have a look at the concourse. You can walk around the home section 'horse shoe' , lots of Images, photos and graffiti to look at. Hope you have a great day.

49 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That's something I'd love to do, hope you make it all the way to Wembley .

As others have said, get there a little early, visit the Fan park. There's music food and usually a good mix of fans and a good atmosphere. The sports bar and the super size TV , the kids will like that , and if you're in the home section could be worth going in a little early to have a look at the concourse. You can walk around the home section 'horse shoe' , lots of Images, photos and graffiti to look at. Hope you have a great day.

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to the family zone and concourses, we always enjoy learning a little bit about the history of a club  when we visit so we will look at what is on offer also.

I am hoping we can make it to at least the semi finals at Wembley, however, i imagine after this round it may become slightly more challenging to get tickets.

I always try to get some pictures from each game, if your a twitter user my name is @ColchesterDan

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Just wanted to say big thank you to the warm reception we received from all your fans that we met yesterday.

Result aside, we all really enjoyed the day, the stadium / concourse is incredible! And the view from the family enclosure was spectacular (although I did start to tire when I had to climb the stairs for the last of the boys 5 toilet breaks !)

I thought you were really unlucky yesterday, on another day where the ball would have bounced kinder you could have got a result, however was impressed how you never gave up and I loved the fact how our whole stand stoop up at the end to applaud the players efforts - I thought that was class.

Anyway, we wish you all the best for the rest of the season and hopefully will get to see you in the Premiership next season.

We are eagerly awaiting the draw for the Quarter Finals tonight to see where we end up next.

Thanks again.

Dan

Archived