IGNORED

Soccer saturday

BLRed

Honestly makes my blood boil.

start talking in depth about how the championship, who's equipped to go up, who can challenge etc and none ONE mention of Bristol city at all. No mention of our form our position or anything. Pundits mentioned every club around us, even teams like hull and villa that seem to have blown their chance yet could even mention us...

As much as I'm happy we're  going under the radar, it's ridiculous how we get zero acknowledgement at the very least of the position were in in the league...

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I randomly ended up watching a bit of it for the first time in ages this morning. We did get a mention in the quiz thing towards the end as the only team who haven’t lost a game yet this year. 

We’ve done a bit better than “haven’t lost a game this year”..! 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I randomly ended up watching a bit of it for the first time in ages this morning. We did get a mention in the quiz thing towards the end as the only team who haven’t lost a game yet this year. 

Not soccer am dolly but soccer Saturday with supposedly knowledgeable pundits.

maybe a win ove wolves will finally turn everyone's heads....

5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I wouldn't worry about it, typical big team bias. When we make a play off place a mathematical certainty then they'll have to acknowledge us...

Until that time #undertheradar

I'm not worried about it, I just think it's poor, sloppy journalism. ANY team who wins 9 on the spin, what ever league surely  deserves some praise?

• Admin
10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We'll likely get a ton of coverage tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if many of the Sunday papers run articles on us. Our match v Wolves is far more attractive now than it was when drawn. 

Eg. Looks like Henry Winter is already in town.

Henry Winter loves a cup story on us.

12 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Henry Winter loves a cup story on us.

He does seem to like us. 

Also, Mark Watson was on 5Live's Fighting Talk this morning. I've not listened yet but he'll no doubt have mentioned us a couple of times. If anyone's desperate for some coverage  then grab that podcast!

• Admin
1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

start talking in depth about how the championship, who's equipped to go up, who can challenge etc and none ONE mention of Bristol city at all. No mention of our form our position or anything. Pundits mentioned every club around us, even teams like hull and villa that seem to have blown their chance yet could even mention us...

As much as I'm happy we're  going under the radar, it's ridiculous how we get zero acknowledgement at the very least of the position were in in the league...

It's about what time you watched, about 12,they showed the interview with Johnson then had a long discussion about us and our current form

How on earth do people make out we are going under the radar, just because tv like to big up the so called bigger teams and not give us a mention doesn’t mean we are going under the radar, do people really think  other teams haven’t noticed how well we are doing and it’s them that count not the press,.Under the radar,???

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

1 hour ago, CityBS15 said:

They did a 5 minute feature on City at 13:58 including an interview with LJ and Michelle Owen then the panel Esp Matt Le Tiss bigged up City and Steve Lansdown got a special mention for keeping faith in Johnson 

So we did get a mention then? Quite a big one? And Talksport talked about us and LJ loads on Thursday lunchtime...

Lots seem to want to be ‘under the rader’ Then get annoyed when we aren’t...strange times...

Let them keep talking about how great Villa are....... Shows up how bad they are actually doing with the players and money they have spent. If Villa is still getting mentions they really should be getting torn a new one on there.

15 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Let them keep talking about how great Villa are....... Shows up how bad they are actually doing with the players and money they have spent. If Villa is still getting mentions they really should be getting torn a new one on there.

Are they saying how great Villa are? On Soccer Saturday they’ve mention several times that Villa have the worst defensive  record in the entire EFL......

We got a few seconds on Football Focus. Martin Keown said he would be at the Wolves match. Trotted out some generic crap about how well we're playing - clearly doesn't have a clue about us.

Colin Murray remains the messiah for his actual knowledge of Championship football.

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

We don’t get points deduction just because Paul Merson hasn’t mentioned us. I wouldn’t get wound up about it.

It's not that we are under the radar, but that Merson probably thinks we are still in league 1.

53 minutes ago, Super said:

Henry Winter is one of the best around.

He is that rare thing among football journalists these days, someone who knows and cares about football outside the big name clubs.

Though as an aside, Julien Laurens, who you would think wasn't aware we existed, had some good things to say about us towards the end of Thursday's Totally Football Show podcast.

Archived