Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BOSRed

Soccer saturday

Honestly makes my blood boil.

start talking in depth about how the championship, who's equipped to go up, who can challenge etc and none ONE mention of Bristol city at all. No mention of our form our position or anything. Pundits mentioned every club around us, even teams like hull and villa that seem to have blown their chance yet could even mention us...

As much as I'm happy we're  going under the radar, it's ridiculous how we get zero acknowledgement at the very least of the position were in in the league...

• Like 2

I get what you mean but I’m happy if they don’t mention us at all until we are safely 4-0 up in the play off final.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

I randomly ended up watching a bit of it for the first time in ages this morning. We did get a mention in the quiz thing towards the end as the only team who haven’t lost a game yet this year. 

5 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

As much as I'm happy we're  going under the radar, it's ridiculous how we get zero acknowledgement at the very least of the position were in in the league...

Are you sure..? You don’t seem very happy about it..! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I randomly ended up watching a bit of it for the first time in ages this morning. We did get a mention in the quiz thing towards the end as the only team who haven’t lost a game yet this year. 

We’ve done a bit better than “haven’t lost a game this year”..! 

It makes me laugh, the form we're in, any other team , Derby , Villa, Forest, the media (tabloids too) would be all over them like a Sainsbury's suit !  I'm not saying they don't like us, because for that to happen would be to acknowledge our existence !

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Not soccer am dolly but soccer Saturday with supposedly knowledgeable pundits.

maybe a win ove wolves will finally turn everyone's heads....

I wouldn't worry about it, typical big team bias. When we make a play off place a mathematical certainty then they'll have to acknowledge us...

Until that time #undertheradar

5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I wouldn't worry about it, typical big team bias. When we make a play off place a mathematical certainty then they'll have to acknowledge us...

Until that time #undertheradar

I'm not worried about it, I just think it's poor, sloppy journalism. ANY team who wins 9 on the spin, what ever league surely  deserves some praise?

• Like 5

They did a 5 minute feature on City at 13:58 including an interview with LJ and Michelle Owen then the panel Esp Matt Le Tiss bigged up City and Steve Lansdown got a special mention for keeping faith in Johnson 

• Thanks 1

Little old Bristol City wouldn't even get a mention if we were slapping Barcelona about in the Champions League.

• Haha 2

I'm not bothered that we didnt get a mention. Very happy for our form to be going under the radar or not get the credit it deserves - especially from that shower of shite of a programme. Same god awful jokes churned out series after series. Absolute dross.

• Like 1

We'll likely get a ton of coverage tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if many of the Sunday papers run articles on us. Our match v Wolves is far more attractive now than it was when drawn. 

Eg. Looks like Henry Winter is already in town.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We'll likely get a ton of coverage tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if many of the Sunday papers run articles on us. Our match v Wolves is far more attractive now than it was when drawn. 

Eg. Looks like Henry Winter is already in town.

Henry Winter loves a cup story on us.

12 minutes ago, Ian M said:

He does seem to like us. 

Also, Mark Watson was on 5Live's Fighting Talk this morning. I've not listened yet but he'll no doubt have mentioned us a couple of times. If anyone's desperate for some coverage  then grab that podcast!

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

start talking in depth about how the championship, who's equipped to go up, who can challenge etc and none ONE mention of Bristol city at all. No mention of our form our position or anything. Pundits mentioned every club around us, even teams like hull and villa that seem to have blown their chance yet could even mention us...

It's about what time you watched, about 12,they showed the interview with Johnson then had a long discussion about us and our current form

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Little old Bristol City wouldn't even get a mention if we were slapping Barcelona about in the Champions League.

Well, we'll se soon , won't we :disapointed2se:

• Like 1

How on earth do people make out we are going under the radar, just because tv like to big up the so called bigger teams and not give us a mention doesn’t mean we are going under the radar, do people really think  other teams haven’t noticed how well we are doing and it’s them that count not the press,.Under the radar,😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

1 hour ago, CityBS15 said:

They did a 5 minute feature on City at 13:58 including an interview with LJ and Michelle Owen then the panel Esp Matt Le Tiss bigged up City and Steve Lansdown got a special mention for keeping faith in Johnson 

So we did get a mention then? Quite a big one? And Talksport talked about us and LJ loads on Thursday lunchtime...

Lots seem to want to be ‘under the rader’ Then get annoyed when we aren’t...strange times...

• Like 1

Let them keep talking about how great Villa are....... Shows up how bad they are actually doing with the players and money they have spent. If Villa is still getting mentions they really should be getting torn a new one on there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Let them keep talking about how great Villa are....... Shows up how bad they are actually doing with the players and money they have spent. If Villa is still getting mentions they really should be getting torn a new one on there.

Are they saying how great Villa are? On Soccer Saturday they’ve mention several times that Villa have the worst defensive  record in the entire EFL......

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Winter is by far and away the best football journo out there. Always a superb read. Paddy Barclay too 

• Like 2

We got a few seconds on Football Focus. Martin Keown said he would be at the Wolves match. Trotted out some generic crap about how well we're playing - clearly doesn't have a clue about us.

Colin Murray remains the messiah for his actual knowledge of Championship football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Are they saying how great Villa are? On Soccer Saturday they’ve mention several times that Villa have the worst defensive  record in the entire EFL......

That's weird because they don't.

You aren't spouting bullshit yet again are you RR?

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

We don’t get points deduction just because Paul Merson hasn’t mentioned us. I wouldn’t get wound up about it.

It's not that we are under the radar, but that Merson probably thinks we are still in league 1.

53 minutes ago, Super said:

Henry Winter is one of the best around.

He is that rare thing among football journalists these days, someone who knows and cares about football outside the big name clubs.

Though as an aside, Julien Laurens, who you would think wasn't aware we existed, had some good things to say about us towards the end of Thursday's Totally Football Show podcast.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xiled said:

We got a few seconds on Football Focus. Martin Keown said he would be at the Wolves match. Trotted out some generic crap about how well we're playing - clearly doesn't have a clue about us.

Colin Murray remains the messiah for his actual knowledge of Championship football.

Watched football focus, and actually though they were going to finish the programme without mentioning us at all - mention of Bristol City ( and Wolves!) seemed almost an afterthought, jammed in at the end.

Dan Walker did, of course, ask the pundits about how impressed they all were with the job Frank Lampard is doing at Derby, but without mentioning how impressed they were that FLDC had fallen behind Lee Johnson's Bristol City in the promotion race!

1 minute ago, BS2 Red said:

I’ve got Soccer Saturday on now and they are not even showing our score!! Bastards!!

They did on Gillette soccer Saturday, you must have the wrong program on ...:D

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Must have been the Championship then. 

I tend to disengage whenever they mention Villa............:sleeping:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Still not true.

We are still under the radar in two competitions....I like it!

Thanks Soccer Saturday,. Now go **** yourselves!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Still not true.

Not my problem Jim.

Phone up Soccer Saturday if it bothers you.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Not my problem Jim.

Phone up Soccer Saturday if it bothers you.

Doesn't bother me Alan, I just find it weird how often you talk bollocks.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Taken from the BBC website report Villa v WBA, looks like it's the worst home record in all 4 divisions. Not sure about division 5 though!

With top scorer Tammy Abraham firing blanks for once, Villa were well beaten as their total of home goals conceded this season rose to 32 in 17 games, the worst in English football's top four divisions.

18 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Taken from the BBC website report Villa v WBA, looks like it's the worst home record in all 4 divisions. Not sure about division 5 though!

With top scorer Tammy Abraham firing blanks for once, Villa were well beaten as their total of home goals conceded this season rose to 32 in 17 games, the worst in English football's top four divisions.

According to JamesBCFC I’ve been ‘spouting  bullshit’...............:cool2:

According to JamesBCFC I’ve been ‘spouting  bullshit’...............:cool2:

You said they had the "worst defensive record" in all 4 divisions"

22 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Yep, not what @Robbored said.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You said they had the "worst defensive record" in all 4 divisions"

Yep, not what @Robbored said.

What is it about Villa conceding 32 goals in 17 games being the worst in England’s top four division that you don’t understand?   :dunno:

What is it about Villa conceding 32 goals in 17 games being the worst in England’s top four division that you don’t understand?   :dunno:

You said they have the worst defensive record.

There's 2 teams in the Championship with worse.

Worst defensive home record is a different thing.

What is it about that that you don't understand? :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Have they? “Villa have the worst defensive record in the entire EFL?” - based on what? Goals conceded? If so, they are incorrect...

Edit - I see that @JamesBCFC has been admirably jousting with the forum troll over this point already....apologies for sticking my nose in!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Jeff Stelling definitely said ‘worst defensive record in England’ - he made zero mention to ‘home’ defensive record....you are correct in all your challenges @JamesBCFC ....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So now you’re splitting hairs?.............:cool2:

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Have they? “Villa have the worst defensive record in the entire EFL?” - based on what? Goals conceded? If so, they are incorrect...

Edit - I see that @JamesBCFC has been admirably jousting with the forum troll over this point already....apologies for sticking my nose in!

really don't think I would stick my nose in it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BOSRed said:

We have been getting bigged up on Talksport a lot, but to be fair who cares really if mentioned or not?

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not the first time you've got your leagues mixed up, is it?

• Haha 1