IGNORED

Bad planning

Horduryouthinkiam

So for the last two years since becoming a season ticket holder, after a few years of going when I could, I have meticulously planned holidays, nights out, moved anniversary meals etc. in order to not miss a home league game. With good fortune I also did the same for our cup run last season. However it's all gone royally t*ts up for the FA Cup. Brothers Birthday gift tickets to a gig bought for a random Friday in January where surely the next round would be Saturday (Bolton). Half term trip with family to see Aunt in France the day after Birmingham at home scheduled  (Tomorrow) and Christmas gift of weekend away to Wife scheduled for a free weekend in March. The 16th seemed perfect as we head in to international break and I bet the quarter finals not on the Friday. So it's Radio 5 in the car to Gatwick tomorrow and I'm gutted I can't make it. 

City have got into my blood these past few years and I hope everyone has a brilliant day tomorrow, if you can make it, and we show the footballing world what we are all about. Sing loud and cheer us on. 

COYR!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Horduryouthinkiam said:

So for the last two years since becoming a season ticket holder, after a few years of going when I could, I have meticulously planned holidays, nights out, moved anniversary meals etc. in order to not miss a home league game. With good fortune I also did the same for our cup run last season. However it's all gone royally t*ts up for the FA Cup. Brothers Birthday gift tickets to a gig bought for a random Friday in January where surely the next round would be Saturday (Bolton). Half term trip with family to see Aunt in France the day after Birmingham at home scheduled  (Tomorrow) and Christmas gift of weekend away to Wife scheduled for a free weekend in March. The 16th seemed perfect as we head in to international break and I bet the quarter finals not on the Friday. So it's Radio 5 in the car to Gatwick tomorrow and I'm gutted I can't make it. 

City have got into my blood these past few years and I hope everyone has a brilliant day tomorrow, if you can make it, and we show the footballing world what we are all about. Sing loud and cheer us on. 

COYR!!!!!!

to be honest plan better, fixtures come out send copy to my wife. she arranges my life around them. had a text saying the Shrewsbury game  was on a different date said I have not got a clue what this is about went to whatever the home game was , wife tells me it's about the FA cup.

but as an aside she did ask if we know who we will get in the next round of the cup if we win, cynical me no but they tend to keep the big teams apart in the draw as they want to sell out Wembley , she replied but aren't Chelsea playing one of the Manchester teams. Me: thought I said big teams

I've been due to work the Saturday of each FA Cup game and managed to attend all three (I'm assuming nothing happens between now and 1pm tomorrow to prevent this) by pure luck of fixtures getting moved.

The earlier rounds I could have possibly done both (I start at 7.15pm) even if the games weren't moved, but not driving and needing to get to Hanham it would have been cutting things too fine to risk.

I'm also due to work March 16th...

Archived