IGNORED

Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers FA Cup Match Day

Septic Peg

Are you sitting comfortably children? Then let's begin...

Once upon a time, in a forest in Dundry, a little girl in a red City shirt was visiting her poorly nan. Her name was Junior Red.

Junior Red skipped merrily along the woodland path she had taken so often, amusing herself by humming her favourite Wurzels song. Her nan lived in a cottage just outside the main village square. 

Just as she approached her nan's cottage, a lone wolf appeared. He was from the Midlands and had extended his feeding territory in the hope of more good meals. He licked his snout when he saw Junior Red because children were the best food. He could see exactly where she was heading so he quietly snuck in to the cottage and swallowed up Junior Red's nan whole. He quickly dressed in the nan's spare clobber and jumped into the bed.

Junior Red was way overdue a Specsavers appointment so when she came into the cottage, she had no idea it was a wolf sitting in her nan's bed. As she got closer, Junior Red exclaimed "oh my God! You got big eyes ain't you Nan?" "So I can see you better" said the wolf. "Nan, you nose is gert massive!" said Junior Red. "So I can smell you better" said the wolf. "Your breath stinks Nan. I know you can't help it coz your teeth are bloody huge but you need to clean them" said Junior Red. The wolf was now incensed. Slights upon his appearance and breath did not go down well with this nottherner. He leaped out of bed and swallowed Junior Red whole too. "All the better to eat you with, you mouthy little cow" snarled the wolf.

The Wolverhampton dwelling wolf made his way outside the cottage. But alas, he became frozen in shock. Lined up in a 442 formation, were 10 men (Frankie had to stay behind to do more goalkeeper drills with Bobby Davro) in the same red shirts that Junior Red had. At the front, two men stepped forward. 

The first man was as big and as strong as an Ox. His muscles rippled in the sunlight that dappled through the tree canopy. He muttered a series of curse words in French at the wolf that even caused the wolf to pull his ears back.

The second man was shorter than the first guy but he was nimble and quick. His beard game was strong and not a single hair moved as he began to circle the wolf at speed. The wolf became disoriented. Round and round the man ran, the wolf following as best he could until the dizziness became too much. The Ox man leapt on the wolf from behind and grabbed the two front legs, anchoring the wolf. The bearded man produced an axe from B&Q and with the cleanest of cuts, the Wolves wolf was no more. Junior Red and her nan climbed out of the wolf carcass unharmed. 

Right so I dunno where that came from but you're welcome. 

Tough one today. Probably one of the toughest games we'll have all season. It'll be carnage for all. 3-2 to the visitors. Both teams to score is a must bet.

I feel the cup run endeth here but hey, we never know. Up the shithousing City.

COYRs!

Last time we won in this round was the famous victory over Leeds in 1973/74 season. At that point of the season Leeds were top of Div 1 and unbeaten in all competitions whereas we were in the Div 2 relegation mix. We didn't win the games at AG but won the replay at Elland Road, it was the equivalent of beating Man City now, a truly heroic effort and we are more than capable of seeing Wolves off if we don't make too many changes and keep the defence good and tight.

22 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Once upon a time, in a forest in Dundry, a little girl in a red City shirt was visiting her poorly nan. Her name was Junior Red.

Junior Red skipped merrily along the woodland path she had taken so often, amusing herself by humming her favourite Wurzels song. Her nan lived in a cottage just outside the main village square. 

Just as she approached her nan's cottage, a lone wolf appeared. He was from the Midlands and had extended his feeding territory in the hope of more good meals. He licked his snout when he saw Junior Red because children were the best food. He could see exactly where she was heading so he quietly snuck in to the cottage and swallowed up Junior Red's nan whole. He quickly dressed in the nan's spare clobber and jumped into the bed.

Junior Red was way overdue a Specsavers appointment so when she came into the cottage, she had no idea it was a wolf sitting in her nan's bed. As she got closer, Junior Red exclaimed "oh my God! You got big eyes ain't you Nan?" "So I can see you better" said the wolf. "Nan, you nose is gert massive!" said Junior Red. "So I can smell you better" said the wolf. "Your breath stinks Nan. I know you can't help it coz your teeth are bloody huge but you need to clean them" said Junior Red. The wolf was now incensed. Slights upon his appearance and breath did not go down well with this nottherner. He leaped out of bed and swallowed Junior Red whole too. "All the better to eat you with, you mouthy little cow" snarled the wolf.

The Wolverhampton dwelling wolf made his way outside the cottage. But alas, he became frozen in shock. Lined up in a 442 formation, were 10 men (Frankie had to stay behind to do more goalkeeper drills with Bobby Davro) in the same red shirts that Junior Red had. At the front, two men stepped forward. 

The first man was as big and as strong as an Ox. His muscles rippled in the sunlight that dappled through the tree canopy. He muttered a series of curse words in French at the wolf that even caused the wolf to pull his ears back.

The second man was shorter than the first guy but he was nimble and quick. His beard game was strong and not a single hair moved as he began to circle the wolf at speed. The wolf became disoriented. Round and round the man ran, the wolf following as best he could until the dizziness became too much. The Ox man leapt on the wolf from behind and grabbed the two front legs, anchoring the wolf. The bearded man produced an axe from B&Q and with the cleanest of cuts, the Wolves wolf was no more. Junior Red and her nan climbed out of the wolf carcass unharmed. 

Tough one today. Probably one of the toughest games we'll have all season. It'll be carnage for all. 3-2 to the visitors. Both teams to score is a must bet.

COYRs!

Someone couldn’t sleep .

Revenge or Repeat?

Last winter Wolves ripped our hearts out at Ashton Gate and left us with our fortitude in tatters. We then had a tough away day in the league which saw us pulverised by the Villains.

Symmetry this season? Or can we rewrite the script and put right the wrongs of the past?

59 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

COYRs!

With out a doubt the funniest post I have ever read on Otib bravo sir

18 minutes ago, mozo said:

Revenge or Repeat?

Last winter Wolves ripped our hearts out at Ashton Gate and left us with our fortitude in tatters. We then had a tough away day in the league which saw us pulverised by the Villains.

Symmetry this season? Or can we rewrite the script and put right the wrongs of the past?

I fear those lupine like Black Country types may well again be the harbingers of doom, as was last year....that or a simple coincidence .... a very hard run-in lies ahead...

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

COYRs!

Condensed Version

Wolverhampton:

Pegs been at the cooking sherry very early

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

Revenge or Repeat?

REVENGE. 

:bruce_h4h:

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Can confirm that my post was written without the use of alcohol or recreational drugs. I'm just plain weird. :thumbsup:

We understood.

:yes:

Friday evening, I watched the BBC West Midlands local news. The Wolves players were saying "Bristol City are the form team in the entire country at the moment. We are in for a hard game on Sunday". Fans being questioned though all claimed "Our name is on the Cup this year".

With two lanes of the M5 shut near Tewkesbury this weekend, I wonder how many late arrivals there'l be?

Have no real idea  on this one untill see the team sheets, which will at least give a feel as to how seriously both managers are taking it. I expect both will make changes. They were to good for this league last year, and have got a lot better since then , so will be pretty strong favourites. Equally, every match this round seems to have gone to form and there is usually one upset, so us to nick it, somehow.

Nothing to lose today. Total free hit.

Constantly hearing about how this is the year for one of the "safe" Prem clubs to go the distance.

If we lose, we lose

Gonna feel much more nervous next Saturday anyway, so come on Wolves, what have you got that's so special?

COYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Archived