IGNORED

Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers FA Cup Match Day

Septic Peg

12 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Premier league ref for Premier league team that's why we didn't get one never mind the other definite handball for a penalty 

Premier League refs are a pretty vain lot who like to think they are mates with the players. He was chatting and laughing with Wolves players. Not so with ours.

48 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not over popular with you.

I have never seen ODowda give the ball away so much, however he does have the ability to score when not playing well I get that.

If you thought Diedhiou did his job well, I would hate to even imagine how bad he would be if you thought he was below average or just poor. Sorry never looked a threat all game.

To be fair, it was you who suggested that your opinion might not be over popular...

Depends what Diedhiou was there to do though, doesn’t it?  As one up front against a premiership defence he was never going to get any space, so his job for me was to use his strength to occupy the central defenders, and to enable others to find space.  I thought he did that well.  

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Premier League refs are a pretty vain lot who like to think they are mates with the players. He was chatting and laughing with Wolves players. Not so with ours.

In fairness probably because he refs them more than us so always likely to know their players.

He should have given us a pen but I didn’t spot it on tv live so not exactly the worst error. He was ok. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Lack of real creativity doesn't help either

I think we've improved in that respect of late. Today we had a number of decent balls into the box, just nobody with the presence, movement or muscle to do something with them. Didgeridoo is pretty useful with his head ( problem being only in his own 6 yard box...)

For me, the result was the best possible. No-one looks forward to losing but....., we gave an excellent account of ourselves, especially in the 2nd half, we lost by the closest margin possible, our reputation continues to grow, a lot of people thought we deserved better and there were no serious injuries. Our ambitions are now totally focussed on a play-off place and possible promotion. Let's just do it!

Nice comments from the Wolves fans..

Scary second half. But Bristol are a fantastic side that's only getting better. Would be shocked if they're not in the Premier League next season, so I'm not completely shocked it was a tough game.

tons of momentum on a huge win streak. And let's be honest... They're probably better than a bunch of the bottom half of the Premier League teams.
Pleased with the result and have to say what a tidy team City are, all credit and hope they go up.
I thought we got away with one today.Bristol were really good second half think it was down to how well we defended that it stayed 1-0, they couldn’t of done much more. Their number 8 in midfield looked a good player.

They play some very nice football. They play it the right way. Change of formation and a half time regrouping almost paid dividends for them.

5 minutes ago, Squire Dastardly said:

For me, the result was the best possible. No-one looks forward to losing but....., we gave an excellent account of ourselves, especially in the 2nd half, we lost by the closest margin possible, our reputation continues to grow, a lot of people thought we deserved better and there were no serious injuries. Our ambitions are now totally focussed on a play-off place and possible promotion. Let's just do it!

This, this, and then this again. 

53 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What’s the gas ***** doing on radio Bristol having a pop at LJ? Who did they play in the 5th round then?

Feckin besotted loser!

I think what's happened SJ is that it's very hard to support a joke club and that all Gas heads also support a proper team as well., his happens to be Wolves, or whatever club seems to be doing well at the time.. 

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Scary second half. But Bristol are a fantastic side that's only getting better. Would be shocked if they're not in the Premier League next season, so I'm not completely shocked it was a tough game.

tons of momentum on a huge win streak. And let's be honest... They're probably better than a bunch of the bottom half of the Premier League teams.
Pleased with the result and have to say what a tidy team City are, all credit and hope they go up.
I thought we got away with one today.Bristol were really good second half think it was down to how well we defended that it stayed 1-0, they couldn’t of done much more. Their number 8 in midfield looked a good player.

They play some very nice football. They play it the right way. Change of formation and a half time regrouping almost paid dividends for them.

Beat me too it was going to say lots of praise for us before and after the game. 

19 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Anyone know what happened on the bench at the halftime whistle?

Jamie Mac didn't like the perceived over celebrating of their manager, had a word with him and got a yellow for what he said (dunno what he said but probably along the lines of **** *** you ******* ****).

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Similar comments from man city fans last season, lets hope this season it turns out differently.

28 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

In fairness probably because he refs them more than us so always likely to know their players.

He should have given us a pen but I didn’t spot it on tv live so not exactly the worst error. He was ok. 

A generous interpretation but they should stop acting as if they represent the Premier League and behave in the same neutral way towards both sides if they want to avoid accusations of bias.

31 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

To be fair, it was you who suggested that your opinion might not be over popular...

Depends what Diedhiou was there to do though, doesn’t it?  As one up front against a premiership defence he was never going to get any space, so his job for me was to use his strength to occupy the central defenders, and to enable others to find space.  I thought he did that well.  

And to be fair so far only you have expressed the view that he played well, so perhaps my view might be correct.

And if you read my original post you will see exactly why he never got any space, because he never once attempted to create any space.

As I said on another post Mr Flint who has not been an overnight success at his new club must  be looking forward to a quiet night next week.

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Jamie Mac didn't like the perceived over celebrating of their manager, had a word with him and got a yellow for what he said (dunno what he said but probably along the lines of **** *** you ******* ****).

The officials didn't seem too bothered about him coaching from the touchline for most of the match! Must be a different world in the premier league.

2 minutes ago, Offside said:

We didn’t give it enough of a go in the first half. 

In the second half we were much better and deserved a goal, although for me it never quite felt like it was going to happen - Wolves defended well and we lacked that bit of quality in the final third. 

you're right we are so close to being that next step up, nothing to choose between the sides until the last 25 yards (metres for the younger otibers). frustrating as hell watching think we may JUST have enough to get ourselves over the line in the championship.

I thought you deserved a draw and Dohertys handball was a penalty (didn’t think the other two were) but I didn’t think so watching it live only on replay. Think you got lucky not to have a red for last man but again I didn’t think so live, was only on replay I noticed the distance your RB would of had to make up to cover.

Signed up to say thank you for the kind words about our team, there has been some history between Wolves and Bristol but after reading this forum I genuinely hope to see you take a firm hold on those play off positions and please PLEASE beat those baggies in the play off final. 

Unlucky today lads, ball just wouldn’t drop for you... hopefully we get to put it to bed next season over two games. Best of luck.

1 hour ago, Offside said:

We didn’t give it enough of a go in the first half. 

In the second half we were much better and deserved a goal, although for me it never quite felt like it was going to happen - Wolves defended well and we lacked that bit of quality in the final third. 

Isn't that symptomatic of a lot of our games, as we do seem to be a slow starting side.

LJ needs to give his half time talk before the game.

I always thought we would struggle to score. Taylor made a massive difference in the second half.

However the game rested on a clear hand ball that was not given for a City penalty and a couple of other decent shouts for penalties. One where Boly I think just clattered through FD.

As the underdog you don't often get the whistle in those situations unless it as clear as Bobby Reid V Manchester City last season.

Whatever people have to say on other threads Norwich will not fancy us next week and FD had a decent game in view of what he was being asked to do.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

A generous interpretation but they should stop acting as if they represent the Premier League and behave in the same neutral way towards both sides if they want to avoid accusations of bias.

Possibly but didn’t see anything in the refs performance to suggest he favoured them. Just got the handball decision wrong in 2nd half - just one of those things 

50 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Possibly but didn’t see anything in the refs performance to suggest he favoured them. Just got the handball decision wrong in 2nd half - just one of those things 

And I didn't see anything in the ref's performance when we played QPR to suggest that he favoured us. From where we are now I'm happy that we got 2 extra points in the league then rather than have to replay against Wolves.

Archived