IGNORED

Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers FA Cup Match Day

Septic Peg

Great second half performance. Missed Pack in the first. Impressed with Matty Taylor's capacity to bring other players into the game. Disapppointing result but enjoyable match. Did the reputation of the club no harm at all. Congrats to LJ for recognising the tactical change needed. He's winning me over!

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Great second half performance. Missed Pack in the first. Impressed with Matty Taylor's capacity to bring other players into the game. Disapppointing result but enjoyable match. Did the reputation of the club no harm at all. Congrats to LJ for recognising the tactical change needed. He's winning me over!

I was impressed with his game today as well.

Clever player, deserves a start next week.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

What’s the gas ***** doing on radio Bristol having a pop at LJ? Who did they play in the 5th round then?

Feckin besotted loser!

Makes you laugh that his point was not even on point - we had 2 changes, and they have played this season for us so not like we brought in some U18's for a run around or something.

Disappointed. Thought Palmer was really going to grasp his well-earned chance, but a damp squib. Fammy and COD didn’t impose themselves. If those three had been on their game could have been an entirely different outcome.

First half was lame, second half a transformation. Hats off to Pack and Taylor, energy, accuracy and intelligence and had them rocking. 

Draw would have been fair after 90 minutes and with us having the game momentum, could easily won it in ET.

A word on BT. Thought the coverage was excellent myself. Not a fan of Martin Keown but thought he was very good as a co-commentator. Also Ince and Cole reasonable. 

27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Nuno doesn't think that handball was a penalty. 

Well I for one am stunned...

He would have said different if it had been against them.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

Makes you laugh that his point was not even on point - we had 2 changes, and they have played this season for us so not like we brought in some U18's for a run around or something.

Yeah, and one of those was basically enforced, and the other was Palmer for Patterson - a fairly obvious change to give us a bit more attacking edge. He sounded the type of person that doesn't even go to his own teams games. Grade A tool.

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Disappointed. Thought Palmer was really going to grasp his well-earned chance, but a damp squib. Fammy and COD didn’t impose themselves. If those three had been on their game could have been an entirely different outcome.

First half was lame, second half a transformation. Hats off to Pack and Taylor, energy, accuracy and intelligence and had them rocking. 

Draw would have been fair after 90 minutes and with us having the game momentum, could easily won it in ET.

A word on BT. Thought the coverage was excellent myself. Not a fan of Martin Keown but thought he was very good as a co-commentator. Also Ince and Cole reasonable. 

Palmer doesn't look like a team player at all. He rarely looks to pass but almost always tries to go on solo runs and loses the ball. He does pretty much zero defensive work either.No doubting his talent but an impact sub for me.

Paterson offered a lot more when he came on but as the forum whipping boy that is unlikely to be recognised.

1 minute ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Have to say what a difference LJs substitutions and tactical changes have made to the teams performance over the last few months, especially (again) todays 2nd half. 

Agreed but why were his tactics so utterly passive in the first half?. We just sat back and admired Moutinho running the game.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Palmer doesn't look like a team player at all. He rarely looks to pass but almost always tries to go on solo runs and loses the ball. He does pretty much zero defensive work either.No doubting his talent but an impact sub for me.

Paterson offered a lot more when he came on but as the forum whipping boy that is unlikely to be recognised.

Yep, agree with this. I noticed it during the QPR game. Palmer needs to get much busier to claim a starting place. Patterson’s work rate off the ball often tends to go unnoticed.

No disgrace. We were beaten by a very good side and with the rub of the green should have had one, if not two penalties. Second half with the change of shape we went toe to toe and acquitted ourselves brilliantly. Draw wouldn't have been undeserved.

Higher up the ladder we go the more obvious our offensive failings.  We don't have a striker and we're now getting into a territory where that costs.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Agreed but why were his tactics so utterly passive in the first half?. We just sat back and admired Moutinho running the game.

Seems to be a trend for some reason, poor 1st half, good 2nd half, one day we will put together a full 90 minutes of attacking football and destroy the team in front of us, we are due one

Think the fact Wolves sat back helped us look better in the second half. For all the play around the box and the efforts from outside the box, the quality of deliveries and play into the box got snuffed out every time. Quality wasn't there today unfortunately. Not grabbing another striker to push Fam a bit more may cost us, even one like Leon Clarke could have given us a different outlet.

What's done is done now, let's see how we cope in the big games coming up. I'm not confident we can hold on with the lack of firepower but you never know.

3 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Premier league ref for Premier league team that's why we didn't get one never mind the other definite handball for a penalty 

He was getting right on my tits. Practically joining in with the time-wasting.

Ruddy should've been booked, but I'll give him one thing... I thought Kalas was going to walk (looked last man to me)

9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

No disgrace. We were beaten by a very good side and with the rub of the green should have had one, if not two penalties. Second half with the change of shape we went toe to toe and acquitted ourselves brilliantly. Draw wouldn't have been undeserved.

Higher up the ladder we go the more obvious our offensive failings.  We don't have a striker and we're now getting into a territory where that costs.

Lack of real creativity doesn't help either

Archived