IGNORED

Diedhiou

Spike

I've seen a lot of people defending Fammy because of the run but I'm confident in saying he's not the player we need playing solo upfront. 

Today showed that he is not that target man good size suggests he is, as much as it pains me to say even in the 88th minute at 1-0 down with utter dominance in the second half we still didn't play it long to Fammy because everyone on the pitch knew he couldn't get on the end of it, let alone hold onto it. 

Fammy in my opinion should be on the bench with his recent form. The penalty he scored showed courage but that's not enough when you're chasing a cup or promotion to the Premier league. His touch on his day can be fantastic but on a whole is not good enough to be a target man, his strength doesn't do him the favours it needs to. 

Today even Fielding got a shot in, I don't remember Fammy doing so. I think yet again our January transfers have fallen just short, Palmer is great but we needed a striker. Even after today Fammy has no competition at all to keep him out of the line up and it's not because he's good, it's because we don't have that depth required to keep players fighting for their place. 

Matty looked sharp today cracking flicked on header, was proactive but he's not the right type of player to play that solo role. 

I'm sure there will be many who say Fammy did his part but I don't agree with that, he does his part when he's on form but when he's off I would genuinely say he's a detriment to the team. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've seen a lot of people defending Fammy because of the run but I'm confident in saying he's not the player we need playing solo upfront. 

Today showed that he is not that target man good size suggests he is, as much as it pains me to say even in the 88th minute at 1-0 down with utter dominance in the second half we still didn't play it long to Fammy because everyone on the pitch knew he couldn't get on the end of it, let alone hold onto it. 

Fammy in my opinion should be on the bench with his recent form. The penalty he scored showed courage but that's not enough when you're chasing a cup or promotion to the Premier league. His touch on his day can be fantastic but on a whole is not good enough to be a target man, his strength doesn't do him the favours it needs to. 

Today even Fielding got a shot in, I don't remember Fammy doing so. I think yet again our January transfers have fallen just short, Palmer is great but we needed a striker. Even after today Fammy has no competition at all to keep him out of the line up and it's not because he's good, it's because we don't have that depth required to keep players fighting for their place. 

Matty looked sharp today cracking flicked on header, was proactive but he's not the right type of player to play that solo role. 

I'm sure there will be many who say Fammy did his part but I don't agree with that, he does his part when he's on form but when he's off I would genuinely say he's a detriment to the team. 

Agree think he’s poor, doesn’t offer enough, great team effort second half just lacked a bit of quality in the final third 

2 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

I saw a good striker crowded out by 3 excellent and big central defenders. Aiming it long at him would've been tactically suicidal.

Even in the 88th minute when when we only have 2-3 players back and we're one down and can't get the ball forward with sort passing? 

Sorry but that is exactly when you want your big man to be the target to work off of. 

No matter how you dress it up Fammy offered nothing today at all. If he was genuinely marked put by three big CB's and we're not using him as a target man why take off Palmer but leave Fammy on? Genuinely if we're not going to play it long in that situation then Fammy shouldn't be on the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

He has a thankless task up front on his own, taking a battering from opposing defenders. I think you underestimate him.

This is the reply I get a lot but come on, thanks oe not what did he offer today or any other match where he goes missing. If we're not getting anything out of his size or strength then we may as well play Matty or Weimann up front. 

He's there to be a target and hold the ball allowing the lads to play but he only does that every other match. 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Virtually 0 passes in his direction first half. Works tirelessly, has had a hand in a 1/4 of all our league goals. Is selfless and passionate and very effective at championship level. His role is not just about goals. 

Agree with all that, but he’s all round game is poor, he wouldn’t get in any of the top 6 teams as a starter 

He was poor today but he was very well marshalled by Coady and Boly, both of whom are PL defenders. 

Fam’s a decent Championship striker, and if anything, today shows us all what £5.3m gets you for a striker these days.

Jimenez, who was excellent for Wolves by comparison, was the most expensive striker in Portuguese football in 2016 and will cost Wolves €38m in the summer if they make his loan from Benfica permanent. 

16 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Virtually 0 passes in his direction first half. Works tirelessly, has had a hand in a 1/4 of all our league goals. Is selfless and passionate and very effective at championship level. His role is not just about goals. 

In a way, I think part of the challenge is where that fits into the system we play. To my mind, Fammy is a very good support striker but Paterson, Palmer, Weimann and Taylor all act as support strikers too. The issue is where you fit in someone who bangs the goals in. Fammy’s role doesn’t necessarily have to be all about goals but there are times we lack a cutting edge and you have to make space to accommodate one somehow.

Whether he is what we need, he is what we have. We got countless crosses. in, and more than once he was being tugged and pulled by their defence. Just a day it did not run for us, we created more than enough to have scored.Pack twice, Desilva, Taylor all missed decent chances. 

Had the big calls some matches recently, just not today, as well. A handball and a foul on Fammy could both been called as pens. I thought we played some lovely stuff second half, just not our day. It happens.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

This is the reply I get a lot but come on, thanks oe not what did he offer today or any other match where he goes missing. If we're not getting anything out of his size or strength then we may as well play Matty or Weimann up front. 

He's there to be a target and hold the ball allowing the lads to play but he only does that every other match. 

Pick a game this season and start watching the full 90. We play short passing and try and find a way through when that doesn't work we play long diagonal balls forward into space either side of Fammy. He then makes runs across and tries to get under it. He has to be quick and mobile to do this and doesn't always win the ball - but that is not the 100% the point of this tactic his run brings defenders with him and even when he doesn't win the header we nearly always get the 2nd ball. There is then space on the other flank. Its a core part of our tactics and FD's mobility and physical presence is what makes it possible. Add to that his contribution to the teams goals and his goals to starts ratio and claiming he is poor or not good enough is embarrassing. He's just not an out and out goalscorer like other forwards we've had in recent seasons. 

Would have no problems him getting pushed around by Boly or Bennett but Coady I just can’t defend that. Sorry if you can’t hold Coady off a converted CDM to CB then we have a problem. 

Thought he was very poor today and I am usually one of the more positive posters here. Guess he just does not suit English football. Has talent for sure and better for us than a typical Matt Smith type target man but there are better strikers across the championship for sure. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

8 goals as the main striker in a top six team in February isn’t good enough ....

22 goals in 48 starts for City - that’s a good return and especially for someone who has basically been playing a thankless task of up top on his own.

He is a good championship striker - no more no less. And I said earlier he was out of his depth today. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Goal record, poor..? Are you sure about that..?!

Ok hold my hands up poor might have been a bit harsh, but he’s never going to be prolific, stand by everything else I said,  , for £5 million I expect a bit more

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

22 goals in 48 starts for City - that’s a good return and especially for someone who has basically been playing a thankless task of up top on his own.

He is a good championship striker - no more no less. And I said earlier he was out of his depth today. 

Fair enough, what’s the stats for this season 

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

Ok hold my hands up poor might have been a bit harsh, but he’s never going to be prolific, stand by everything else I said,  , for £5 million I expect a bit more

For £5m in this league you won’t get any better these days. He is a championship goal scorer with almost 1 in 2 from starts. 

2 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

For £5 million, I expect someone half as good as Reid, a third as good as Kodjia or a quarter as good as Dominic Solanke. He is doing okay on that score.

Archived