IGNORED

Diedhiou

Spike

I still think if Fam played with another striker it would help him and the team.People keep saying about Taylor starting in front of him which is laughable. Matty comes on to buzz around and annoy but is only ever going to score the odd goal. People bemoan his goal record but against Matty's it's not a contest. He defends almost every corner against us and wins loads of headers then has to get forward for the outball,no wonder he looks knackered......

Can I just say that it is incredibly contrived when people pass off his goals per minutes as his goal ratio.

Goals per game has always been calculated by goals per appearance. Thats how it was done for every one in two striker you can think of. Why change the rules for Fam?

That said, I have no issue with him as a useful option, but reckon there is a more prolific player out there for us to find for our main source of goals.

16 hours ago, Flint says No said:

You must be an impressive footballer if you would’ve scored the pen with the amount of pressure he was under and QPR players putting him off bu scuffing up the spot. He misses chances yes and some he should score but Abraham, Reid and Kodjia all missed loads of those chances and none of them were criticised apart from the possible exception of Kodjia. 

Yes I have played to a decent standard through out the west country scoring many goals but a strikers game is so much more including doing the basics well which FD can't do. You mention the above strikers who all have great movement and run into holes to create space for themselves or others FD doesn't. Maybe my perspective will be different having played to that of a fan who just watches but my opinion is he's bang average for the money paid. 

18 hours ago, mozo said:

Can I just say that it is incredibly contrived when people pass off his goals per minutes as his goal ratio.

Goals per game has always been calculated by goals per appearance. Thats how it was done for every one in two striker you can think of. Why change the rules for Fam?

That said, I have no issue with him as a useful option, but reckon there is a more prolific player out there for us to find for our main source of goals.

It’s become more accurate over the years as we’ve gone from no subs, to 1 sub, 2 subs and now 3 subs.

Personally I prefer the old school 15+3 / 8 where the +3 denotes sub appearances, but the goals per minute is better for a comparison basis.

So for you is it:

• Fam 24 in 51
  • Fam 24 in 61 (subbed in 10 times, subbed out 27 times!!)

Both impressive, one more so than the other obviously.

A 1 in 2 striker is normally a very good benchmark, but this season's Champ top goal-scorers are scoring at an unusually high rate.

Is Billy Sharp, the consummate Goal-scorer at this level, worse?  113 from 313? Or 113 from 249?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It’s become more accurate over the years as we’ve gone from no subs, to 1 sub, 2 subs and now 3 subs.

Personally I prefer the old school 15+3 / 8 where the +3 denotes sub appearances, but the goals per minute is better for a comparison basis.

So for you is it:

• Fam 24 in 51
  • Fam 24 in 61 (subbed in 10 times, subbed out 27 times!!)

Both impressive, one more so than the other obviously.

A 1 in 2 striker is normally a very good benchmark, but this season's Champ top goal-scorers are scoring at an unusually high rate.

Is Billy Sharp, the consummate Goal-scorer at this level, worse?  113 from 313? Or 113 from 249?

Good shout Dave.

I recall LJ commented earlier in the season that Fam was the biggest 'confidence player' we have, so his current run can only be promising.  

34 minutes ago, Dman_Red said:

I know FD personally and it's lazy cheap shot comments like this that upset him the most. Not cool mate.

He’s surely tougher than to get all upset at some anonymous, ill informed comments on a fan’s forum . 

The criticism is not ‘ cool ‘ but you do FD a disservice with your ‘ defence ‘ .

From BBC Vs Leeds page. Bobby being the obvious exclusion.

Since the start of last season, Famara Diedhiou has scored 24 goals in the Championship - no other current Bristol City player has reached double figures for goals in this period.

On 04/03/2019 at 15:38, Dman_Red said:

I know FD personally and it's lazy cheap shot comments like this that upset him the most. Not cool mate.

We all have our own opinions that's football and we all see the game in a different light. I've already stated he's bang average and nothing more hardly offensive just honest. Hope he's the difference tommorow.

3 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

From BBC Vs Leeds page. Bobby being the obvious exclusion.

Since the start of last season, Famara Diedhiou has scored 24 goals in the Championship - no other current Bristol City player has reached double figures for goals in this period.

......and I got shouted down on here for suggesting that Fammy is being relied on to be our main goal threat....

Archived