IGNORED

Korey

mattjtsmith

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Been consistently brilliant every season he's been here. Still a very important player for us. He's still pretty young too.

I agree, my main concern is how long he's spent out in the last two seasons. You see a lot of injury-hampered players lose their sharpness when out of long periods of time. I really hope that isn't the case for Korey, he's got so much heart and works hard all over the pitch.

About a month ago he said February to me and seemed positive he would be helping out with the Saturday/Tues games, but now we have added a few more of those since we spoke. Also I think he has had some kind of setback, there was something on his Instagram or something in the last week or so, just said something like ‘Agggghhhh’, might be nothing but i took it to mean a setback as it was just before we played Blackburn.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

About a month ago he said February to me and seemed positive he would be helping out with the Saturday/Tues games, but now we have added a few more of those since we spoke. Also I think he has had some kind of setback, there was something on his Instagram or something in the last week or so, just said something like ‘Agggghhhh’, might be nothing but i took it to mean a setback as it was just before we played Blackburn.

He won't play this season unfortunately he's a long way off competitive football... 

2 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

He won't play this season unfortunately he's a long way off competitive football... 

I don’t think you are wrong, not appeared for the U23’s yet so a long way off from the Championship. 

28 minutes ago, 42nite said:

What was his injury?

Was it a cruciate ligament?

I don't think the club ever said, but it was clearly something similar. 

The original estimate back in August was four to six months and we are now at the maximum end of that. 

Great shame for Korey. 

We have such a good range of CM's now, that is the great thing.

Korey is Korey, Pack great passer and shielder in the midfield, Brownhill can do his thing further forward, Walsh can break the lines and Morrell is coming through nicely- all 5 to choose from and particularly the first 4 will be very nice selection dilemma.

Yeh I had a chat with him today too and the face he pulled when I asked him how far off he was wasn’t encouraging. No specifics just said taking each day as it comes. 

On a side note I took my nephew today and Korey and Niki were great up in the family area. Signed some stuff, took some photos and had a proper chat with him. Top guys. 

3 hours ago, 42nite said:

What was his injury?

Was it a cruciate ligament?

Break / Fracture at the top of his shin, and a bit of cartilage damage too....that’s what he told me when he was co-commentator.  I know he’s not a giant, but he was taller than I imagined.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Break / Fracture at the top of his shin, and a bit of cartilage damage too....that’s what he told me when he was co-commentator.  I know he’s not a giant, but he was taller than I imagined.

We’re you sat down..? 

Archived