IGNORED

Radio Bristol Sag

Swede

56 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

“Mark” is typical of most Gasheads that I know. It really is pathetic. They are absolutely bricking it at the thought that we could go up. Bricking it. Even dare to mention anything City related right now and it is pounced upon aggressively by the Rovers braindeads. I think the real problem for them is that their own club is heading down the shitter and the future looks very grim, and so any success for us in their eyes is a direct attack on them and instead of channeling their frustrations towards their own club they act all Narcissistic about it. It’s such a childish mentality. I pity them for having chosen the wrong club to support but it really isn’t anything to do with City. 

This.

The thing is if we finish 7th-10th it will still have been an overall successful season and above most peoples expectations (imo). It will be slightly disappointing considering where we are at the moment but the bigger picture and future is still very bright. The sags could stay up and we stay in the Championship, but whatever happens we will have gained a few more people to our growing fanbase this season. It is also a certainty they will have lost a few more of their "loyal and true" fans due to everything that is not happening at their pathetic little club that has no future.

If we manage the unthinkable and do go up God only knows how bad it will be for a lot of them, and if that doubled up with them being relegated SL should open up the Stadium and bars and have one massive party!!

On 18/02/2019 at 07:33, JBFC II said:

Tbf I think that's very harsh on GT, who, despite his gashead links is very balanced in his hosting 

Except when it comes to Liverpool!

I agree; I doubt that a listener who didn't know that he played for Rovers would even suspect that he had. He is as you say very balanced and seems to genuinely care about both clubs hence the sometimes pointed questioning of club officials.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I liked the Radio Bristol Sag yesterday who said he would go "down Bedminster, beg for forgiveness" and go on watch the City from now on.

Sad Geoff cut him off at that stage. Couldn't work out if he was genuine or a Gert 'Ted on a wind up.

Yes. I was disappointed that Geoff didn't let him carry on talking, as you say he may have been genuine and probably would have said he was totally fed up with the gas and really wanted to follow City from now on. Would have made a good discussion.

15 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes. I was disappointed that Geoff didn't let him carry on talking, as you say he may have been genuine and probably would have said he was totally fed up with the gas and really wanted to follow City from now on. Would have made a good discussion.

Can’t imagine it was genuine, no one switches allegiances whatever happens.  It’s not a ‘thing’ in English football.

20 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Can’t imagine it was genuine, no one switches allegiances whatever happens.  It’s not a ‘thing’ in English football.

Some kids do as do some adults if they move towns; not many though.

I agree that I haven't encountered any adult who has switched the club they support if they haven't moved towns so I also suspect that call to be a wind up.

On 18/02/2019 at 14:39, redsince1994 said:

Don't usually respond to the petty side of this forum, but I have seen you mention your like count a couple of times. You have 8000ish "reactions" not likes. This includes the negative ones that we used to have and the, ahem, "aubergine" one nowadays.

Even if it was all likes you have over 30k posts, not a great return to be honest. E.g. steviestevieneville who you responded to has 4k likes in 4k posts.

You talk a fairly equal amount of bollocks to sense in my view, but don't use meaningless internet points to try to convince people otherwise.

@BobBobSuperBob is smashing this ratio out the park!

He is better than a goal-a-game (or a reaction to post)!

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

@BobBobSuperBob is smashing this ratio out the park!

He is better than a goal-a-game (or a reaction to post)!

Just like the man himself!  What a finisher he was

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Haven't seen him posting for a while.

On the naughty step again?

No, been unwell...spoke to him Wednesday.

On 18/02/2019 at 09:12, MC26 said:

Imagine my shock when the comments consisted of Rovers fans slating the attendances and justifying their criticism by talking about how they used to regularly get 15k at Eastville but are hampered at their current ground. 

But he was right!

The Evening Post fireworks night 'regularly' had Eastville packed to the rafters, with many more locked outside!

Archived