IGNORED

FA Cup Fixed?

BCFC11

Watching Donny v Palace on BBC and they were interviewing Palace owner Steve Parish at HT, could just be me but he was talking the next round draw etc then comes out with ‘could be interesting as Brighton and Millwall are in our side of the draw’ struck me as very odd thing to say.

Fixed?

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Watching Donny v Palace on BBC and they were interviewing Palace owner Steve Parish at HT, could just be me but he was talking the next round draw etc then comes out with ‘could be interesting as Brighton and Millwall are in our side of the draw’ struck me as very odd thing to say.

Fixed?

Heard that as well. Very very odd but nothing in it I’d have thought. The FA wouldn’t want/let Millwall be in the same half as Palace or Brighton for a start if it was! 

8 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Fixed?

They are in the same side of the draw, along with all the other teams 

11 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Fixed?

I reckon you've pretty much proved that isn't fixed. It's like pretty much all conspiracy theories - people just aren't competent enough to run secret conspiracies without people finding out. I suspect, rather than inadvertently blowing the whistle on a long-held cover up, Steve Parish just got his words mixed up a bit.

14 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Fixed?

Tell me how you can fix a draw when it is live ?

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I reckon you've pretty much proved that isn't fixed. It's like pretty much all conspiracy theories - people just aren't competent enough to run secret conspiracies without people finding out. I suspect, rather than inadvertently blowing the whistle on a long-held cover up, Steve Parish just got his words mixed up a bit.

Just found it a very odd thing to say, another was Craig Bellamy telling everyone that Man City have Burton in the next round a day before the draw was even done. 

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Just found it a very odd thing to say, another was Craig Bellamy telling everyone that Man City have Burton in the next round a day before the draw was even done. 

That one was easy to explain, Man City & Burton both played their quarter finals on the same night. Bellamy made those comments straight after the Man City game.

23 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I'm working on the assumption that, even if the football league had fixed the League Cup draw, they'd have no reason to tell Craig Bellamy. I think he was just making a 1 in 3 guess...

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That one was easy to explain, Man City & Burton both played their quarter finals on the same night. Bellamy made those comments straight after the Man City game.

Bellamy wasn't sure in which of the three halves of the draw Burton were. :)

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Some tasty fixtures there ;

Palace v Brighton = carnage 

Chelsea v Millwall = to family clubs with exceptionally nice supporters .

Millwall Home to Chelsea would be even more carnage 

Archived