IGNORED

Percy Plant

The Original OTIB

10 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

I think he is honorary something or other of Wolves.

He`s always been a massive fan and is as you say an honorary vice-president or something. He was on RadMac before Christmas and ended up talking Wolves instead of what they had him on for. He said that one of the good things about not working so much now he`s older is he gets to watch them more often.

Off topic a bit (well a lot actually) but anyone know why OTIB is telling me I'm out of likes for the day when i am a fully paid up member?

Not noticed this before...   btw  I agree with all the good comments about Robert Plant. A top guy and very humble seeing as he is a mega-star in music history. Very approachable, and generally just a nice bloke.

Shame about the team he follows

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Off topic a bit (well a lot actually) but anyone know why OTIB is telling me I'm out of likes for the day when i am a fully paid up member?

Me too. It appears our membership has lapsed now. £5 per annum. Have to do mine in the week when payday arrives.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Sod it, let's have a bit of this on OTIB

That was half an hour of my life that I wasn't expecting to happen this evening.

Thank you AppyDaze for posting.

Amazing how much music two guitars, a set of drums and a vocalist can produce.

What a golden age - real music and actual musicians!!

And what have we got now - X Factor; BGT and endless talentless and unoriginal performers copying and sampling.

I'll crawl back under my stone now and set the controls to the heart of the sun

1 hour ago, zippycar said:

And what have we got now - X Factor; BGT and endless talentless and unoriginal performers copying and sampling.

Nope, not really! You just have to look a little further than ITV on a Saturday night. Some great stuff going around if you bother to find it :)

Fair play to Percy 

2 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

Fairport Convention's Sandy Denny was the only guest vocalist to perform on a Led Zep album. 

Completely off topic but.... what a voice. 

She wrote and sang the brilliant Fairport Convention song Who Knows Where The Time Goes.  

Bit annoyed I missed Fairport playing live! Even if the line-up will be completely different.  

44 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Completely off topic but.... what a voice. 

She wrote and sang the brilliant Fairport Convention song Who Knows Where The Time Goes.  

Big annoyed I missed Fairport playing live! Even if pthe line-up will be completely different.  

Saw Fairport live at the Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music in June 1970 (the best festival ever in the UK! which Michael Eavis attended and inspired him to start up Glastonbury) -  although Sandy had left just prior to the festival - on the Saturday afternoon..  Led Zepp were headliners on the Sunday night but missed them as the schedule was so far behind and had to meet my parents for a lift home around 6.00pm and had to go to school Monday.  Not a massive LZ fan at the time and was more gutted at missing Jefferson Airplane who came on stage at around  1 o' clock on the Monday morning.  Still a great festival, highlights included Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa and the Mothers, Santana, Canned Heat, John Mayall Band with Peter Green who had just left Fleetwood Mac, Steppenwolf, Donovan, Johnny Winter, John Hiseman's Coliseum, The Flock, Its A Beautiful Day, Country Joe etc.

Good times!! 

This all happened around the fields by the Bath and West Showground,  Shepton Mallet.

Archived