IGNORED

Percy Plant

The Original OTIB

8 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Off topic a bit (well a lot actually) but anyone know why OTIB is telling me I'm out of likes for the day when i am a fully paid up member?

Not noticed this before...   btw  I agree with all the good comments about Robert Plant. A top guy and very humble seeing as he is a mega-star in music history. Very approachable, and generally just a nice bloke.

Shame about the team he follows

You’re not purple - thus subscription has lapsed 

5 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Saw Fairport live at the Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music in June 1970 (the best festival ever in the UK! which Michael Eavis attended and inspired him to start up Glastonbury) -  although Sandy had left just prior to the festival - on the Saturday afternoon..  Led Zepp were headliners on the Sunday night but missed them as the schedule was so far behind and had to meet my parents for a lift home around 6.00pm and had to go to school Monday.  Not a massive LZ fan at the time and was more gutted at missing Jefferson Airplane who came on stage at around  1 o' clock on the Monday morning.  Still a great festival, highlights included Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa and the Mothers, Santana, Canned Heat, John Mayall Band with Peter Green who had just left Fleetwood Mac, Steppenwolf, Donovan, Johnny Winter, John Hiseman's Coliseum, The Flock, Its A Beautiful Day, Country Joe etc.

Good times!! 

This all happened around the fields by the Bath and West Showground,  Shepton Mallet.

Was there for the entire festival, if I remember rightly it finished around 6 am on the monday with Dr.John. Apparently Fairport's Dave Pegg and Dave Swarbrick got held up in the huge traffic jams in the area and managed to cadge liifts from a couple of Hell's Angels to get there on time.

6 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I went to school with a city fan called billy fuller and he played guitar with plant.

Yep, Billy plays Bass with Robert Plants band. He is also in Beak> with Geoff Barrow (Portishead) Below is Brean Down, one of BBC6 musics songs of the year.

Judging by Billy’s Instagram he’s still very much a City fan.

3 hours ago, chowie said:

Yep, Billy plays Bass with Robert Plants band. He is also in Beak> with Geoff Barrow (Portishead) Below is Brean Down, one of BBC6 musics songs of the year.

Judging by Billy’s Instagram he’s still very much a City fan.

Is he the one whose Dad played with Adge Cutler?

8 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Fairport Convention supported Zepplin at Knebworth with Tod Rundgren and Chaz and Dave.. 

Probably the best weekend of my life !!! Zeppelin on stage for 3 1/2 hrs in front of 200,000 people (I was close to the stage) Awesome.

Fairport Convention supported Zepplin at Knebworth with Tod Rundgren and Chaz and Dave.. 

Probably the best weekend of my life !!! Zeppelin on stage for 3 1/2 hrs in front of 200,000 people (I was close to the stage) Awesome.

Stumbled across this thread and it was like taking an unexpected retrospective stroll through my mid twenties. I was a student in the Potteries in the early seventies. Saw Led Zep live at Trentham Gardens, and Fairport played at one of the end of term bashes at our Union.

There are a few links to Plant from the local area, besides those mentioned above. A chap called John Baggot, excellent keyboard player, tours regularly with RP. When he's back home in Bristol, he can sometimes be seen playing alongside a trumpet player, friend of mine called Pete Judge. Jazz orientated: very nice stuff indeed and worth checking out if you get the chance.   

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Probably the best weekend of my life !!! Zeppelin on stage for 3 1/2 hrs in front of 200,000 people (I was close to the stage) 

Great times indeed, fantastic weekend at Knebworth that was

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Press 'shuffle' instead of 'repeat' ?

Archived