IGNORED

Post match: Road Closure/Traffic chaos KFC end roundabout..

WhistleHappy

1 minute ago, Aipearcey said:

Heading back towards the M5, but traffic was stopped at the traffic lights meaning no traffic could move from the KFC roundabout until the hold up at the light had started moving again.

Gotcha. 

There were Police on the roundabout at KFC/Trust Ford, so maybe they stopped traffic there too. I managed to get away before any coaches came out.

I always park in KFC car park, usually it's a nightmare to get out but today I walked straight to my car from the SS and was able to drive straight out. 

It was a bit hairy having to drive through hundreds of people walking through the road, some people do like to risk their lives! 

Personally even tho it would cause me inconvenience I'd be in favour of them shutting off that road for a period of time after the game. It would enable to crowds to disperse a lot more quickly and a lot more safely.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I always park in KFC car park, usually it's a nightmare to get out but today I walked straight to my car from the SS and was able to drive straight out. 

It was a bit hairy having to drive through hundreds of people walking through the road, some people do like to risk their lives! 

Personally even tho it would cause me inconvenience I'd be in favour of them shutting off that road for a period of time after the game. It would enable to crowds to disperse a lot more quickly and a lot more safely.

I always walk back thru that car park after games and am amazed at the number of people who ignore the fact it’s a one way system. 

I watched the chaos around the KFC roundabout for a good hour or so...was waiting for my lift to arrive.

Never witnessed so many numpty drivers in all my life.

Cars blocking up two lanes when trying to turn right onto the roundabout, hence stopping cars turn left from KFC.

So many hesitant drivers, waiting for the space to pull out. It was cringe worthy...see the gap and be positive. Why do so many dawdle.

Then to top it off...a woman drove into the back of another woman. Both got out and started screaming at one another, Police got involved, blocked the roads and still continued to argue the toss. It was like an episode from Jeremy Kyle.

Would love to see some drive abroad...they'd be stuck at junctions and roundabouts for hours. Just bloody go....aaaarghhhhhhhh!!!!! ?

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I thought there was a 90 minute maximum stay for this car park with cameras clocking time of entry and exit?

11 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

I thought there was a 90 minute maximum stay for this car park with cameras clocking time of entry and exit?

There is.

Also worth noting sainsburys have a new parking company called horizon who have or will be installing ANPR type cameras to monitor entrance/exit times and strictly enforcing the parking policy.. 2 hours free  I believe or you can pay via your phone for extra parking time

2 hours ago, DolmanDave said:

There is.

Also worth noting sainsburys have a new parking company called horizon who have or will be installing ANPR type cameras to monitor entrance/exit times and strictly enforcing the parking policy.. 2 hours free  I believe or you can pay via your phone for extra parking time

I thought so.

11 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I had a £90 fine doing that, was a while ago though 

Archived