IGNORED

Sportsmanship

Septic Peg

We've had a few lads that embody the term 'sportsman', by which I mean selfless and sacrificing their chance for the better of the team.

Current title holder in our first team has to be Matty. The first to offer a hand, the first to pass the ball to the player with the better chance on goal, one of the first to rally the changing room.

But how many others have we had in the past? Wilbs springs to mind, Tinman, Scotty.

Who else would you add?

Like your post, but that isn't 'sportsmanship' in my book.  Bit pedantic, I know.

Matt was great today.  I do wish he was a bit more selfish tbh.  He scored loads for the gas and it's almost as if he doesn't want to take the responsibility at times.  

He is an absolute pest though.  Fantastic awareness and a great first touch.  And comes across as a great personality.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

We've had a few lads that embody the term 'sportsman', by which I mean selfless and sacrificing their chance for the better of the team.

Current title holder in our first team has to be Matty. The first to offer a hand, the first to pass the ball to the player with the better chance on goal, one of the first to rally the changing room.

But how many others have we had in the past? Wilbs springs to mind, Tinman, Scotty.

Who else would you add?

Not a title I'm sure Matty Taylor wants. Personally I'd rather he bang 10/15 goals in as he's been bought to the club to do. 

55 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Like your post, but that isn't 'sportsmanship' in my book.  Bit pedantic, I know.

Matt was great today.  I do wish he was a bit more selfish tbh.  He scored loads for the gas and it's almost as if he doesn't want to take the responsibility at times.  

He is an absolute pest though.  Fantastic awareness and a great first touch.  And comes across as a great personality.

Agree. Undoubtedly a ‘pest’ with added great awareness and touch. However, his main attribute seems to be his passing ability, which is unbelievable. 

He really is a bit of an enigma. We bought him as an out and out striker and scorer of goals. He can only be gauged a failure on that level. Oddly though he brings so many other attritubutes he remains worthy as a valued Championship squad player. 

I just wonder if their is a better role for him to play in the team where he can truly flourish and become a greater goal threat. The Pato role maybe? 

When Signed from the Methane Mob (the gas) he found the step up huge, his mind and his feet were far to slow and unfrtunately due to his injuries it has taken him longer to get up to speed. Now that he has and if he remains injury free along with a run of games I think we will see the true goalscoring Matty Taylor. (hope so) Like others have said, worth his place because he is the "Ultimat Pest".

Archived