IGNORED

Table Predictions

BessexRED

That time of the season where you start to see a few table predictions being done, saw a few on Facebook this morning so had a go myself.

image.png.41eda3075b4deda5948536e784aa446c.png

Must admit I thought I was being quite harsh on City/Derby but to miss out on 76 points would be a gut wrencher. 

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/ - link if you fancy having a go.

Think we may just get edged out, but I am intending to enjoy the ride.

Problem with most of these predictors is that in isolation, you would always tip a top side to beat one near the bottom. There will always be shocks, just do not know in what games. I would be surprised if 76 points is not enough, and shocked if seven teams finish with 50 or less points. I ended up with something similiar, and again had us in 7th.

34 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

That time of the season where you start to see a few table predictions being done, saw a few on Facebook this morning so had a go myself.

Must admit I thought I was being quite harsh on City/Derby but to miss out on 76 points would be a gut wrencher. 

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/ - link if you fancy having a go.

What did you have for City v Derby and City v Hull...or final two games.  Did we bottle it, or did we just miss out?

I get that these things pass half an hour and fill some of the void time in between games, but they are utterly pointless. 

If it was possible to predict 1 round of fixtures results, then you’d win a lot of money, let alone the results from 13-15 fixtures that teams have left..! 

The simple fact is we don’t know..! We look very likely to improve on last season’s finish, again. 

It is currently in our hands, which is a big plus. We do however have about as tough a run in as could be possible! 

I think the next 3-5 games are pivotal for us. Come out of those still in the top 6 and we have every chance of making the play offs. 

Win all of them and we may be in with a shout of automatic places. 

If we lose to Norwich, then we need to bounce back with a win ASAP and not let any losing run start to stretch to 3+ games. 

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I get that these things pass half an hour and fill some of the void time in between games, but they are utterly pointless. 

If it was possible to predict 1 round of fixtures results, then you’d win a lot of money, let alone the results from 13-15 fixtures that teams have left..! 

The simple fact is we don’t know..! We look very likely to improve on last season’s finish, again. 

It is currently in our hands, which is a big plus. We do however have about as tough a run in as could be possible! 

I think the next 3-5 games are pivotal for us. Come out of those still in the top 6 and we have every chance of making the play offs. 

If we lose to Norwich, then we need to bounce back with a win ASAP and not let any losing run start to stretch to 3+ games. 

FFS mate, its a bit of fun!  Of course nobody knows how its going to go............. we can dream can't we?

8 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

@BessexRED & @elhombrecito - Do Preston have some really favourable fixtures or something?

Both of you have them going on absolutely storming runs.

Hombre, you haven't got them losing a single game! 8 wins and 5 draws in their final 13 matches!

Maybe I was a bit generous on them ?. I didn't really give any of the results much thought, just went on my instant gut reaction, so probably very much influenced by their recent good form.

On reflection, I've just checked their fixtures and they have us, Sheffield United and Leeds at home and Blackburn, Middlesbrough, West Brom and Brentford away... So god knows how I didn't find a defeat in that lot!! ?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

What did you have for City v Derby and City v Hull...or final two games.  Did we bottle it, or did we just miss out?

I had City to beat Derby and draw with Hull. Obviously it's hard to gauge what the circumstances will be, I went for a 1-1 up there but if I was told we needed 3 points up there to confirm our playoff place I'd probably go with something different.

22 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

@BessexRED & @elhombrecito - Do Preston have some really favourable fixtures or something?

Both of you have them going on absolutely storming runs.

Hombre, you haven't got them losing a single game! 8 wins and 5 draws in their final 13 matches!

I didn't notice it particularly but I think Preston's position is false, also Brentford's. Preston's season has been ruined by attacking injuries and Brentford have had disruption with Smith leaving. I'd be surprised if both don't finish top half I must admit.

42 minutes ago, The Major said:

FFS mate, its a bit of fun!  Of course nobody knows how its going to go............. we can dream can't we?

I know it’s a bit of fun..! I’m just pointing out how variable the standings can end up, with results being just slightly different to those input. 

I know it’s a bit of fun and I know it’s likely to be highly inaccurate, but I can’t help being pissed off when it says we will finish 7th..! 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

No-one's forcing you to read it. Just a bit of fun to pass some time at work this morning and the results are interesting and sometimes funny to look back on come May.

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

You lot clearly have no idea about football, this is how it is going to end - though oddly there are fixtures missing

The games that were postponed earlier in the season are still showing under that particular week so you have to go back to enter them. Think the weeks with fixtures to fill in are highlighted white across the top.

On 18/02/2019 at 12:00, BessexRED said:

Always good fun.

Underestimated Villa, still not fully on board with the hype with them though. I'll believe a Dean Smith side getting over the line when I see it.

On 18/02/2019 at 12:16, elhombrecito said:

Here's mine. And I was actually quite cautious with City's results. One thing it did show me though, as I was going through the results, was just how many tough games our rivals have too.

table.png

Well, I definitely gave Brentford a bit too much credit :laugh:, likewise MIddlesbrough, and I was overly harsh on Sheffield Wednesday, but otherwise I don't think I'm going to be too far off...

Archived