IGNORED

Who is Ricardo Rees? (Merged)

kelbcfc

I like him. Seen him only a few times, always glided nicely with the ball at his feet. A winger who looked pretty good physically.

Comfortable running at speed. 

Not had any loans or anything yet though. One of many young players you could pick out as promising.

34 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Spanish cousin of Mayor Mess up, Marvin.

Or maybe a relative of Ronnie Rees, legendary centre half playing between half backs Tommy Jacob and Mickey Mogg.

According to Paul Merton Jacob Rees Mogg was the finest half back line West Ham ever had.

3 hours ago, Calculus said:

Or maybe a relative of Ronnie Rees, legendary centre half playing between half backs Tommy Jacob and Mickey Mogg.

According to Paul Merton Jacob Rees Mogg was the finest half back line West Ham ever had.

Ah, Jacob. His Mummy and Daddy wanted him to play Polo and Lacrosse but he mixed it up with the cockney lads and showed he loves a right footed shot.

Not keen on the rainbow laces though. Miserable sod.

• The title was changed to Who is Ricardo Rees? (Merged)
18 hours ago, italian dave said:

He must be thrilled he was featuring in that game this weekend and not lining up against Man City in the Cup!

If he stayed at Newport they might not have beat Boro, he might have got an injury and missed the game anyway or any number of things.

Never mind eh, let's focus on a fantasy negative.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

If he stayed at Newport they might not have beat Boro, he might have got an injury and missed the game anyway or any number of things.

Never mind eh, let's focus on a fantasy negative.

Blimey, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise OTIB had been declared a humour free zone.

Just a light hearted observation about a thought that might have gone through the guy’s head as he turned out for our u23s and thinking what might have been.

For the record I have no problem with the club choosing to bring him back, I’m sure he’ll recognise the bigger picture and won’t be too upset, and yes lots of worse things could happen. 

But can’t you see that he might have had that thought, or wouldn’t you have a little touch of sympathy with him If he did?

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Blimey, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise OTIB had been declared a humour free zone.

Just a light hearted observation about a thought that might have gone through the guy’s head as he turned out for our u23s and thinking what might have been.

For the record I have no problem with the club choosing to bring him back, I’m sure he’ll recognise the bigger picture and won’t be too upset, and yes lots of worse things could happen. 

But can’t you see that he might have had that thought, or wouldn’t you have a little touch of sympathy with him If he did?

As a thought it is totally incorrect.

Had he played against Boro the game would have gone differently, that is certain- it might have ended with the same scoreline, but that cannot be known. There's also multitudes of things that could have happened had they still won that then lead to him not playing in the game anyway.

Equally, Semenyo coming back could mean he is used as rotation or as a sub to give Diedhiou a rest, the effect then being that we get promoted and play Man City twice next season...

That's another thought that could have gone through his head. You're not observing on that though...

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

As a thought it is totally incorrect.

Had he played against Boro the game would have gone differently, that is certain- it might have ended with the same scoreline, but that cannot be known. There's also multitudes of things that could have happened had they still won that then lead to him not playing in the game anyway.

Equally, Semenyo coming back could mean he is used as rotation or as a sub to give Diedhiou a rest, the effect then being that we get promoted and play Man City twice next season...

That's another thought that could have gone through his head. You're not observing on that though...

You're right; I'm not. Never intended to, don't intend to start now.

Talk about getting things out of proportion.

Do I think he (or indeed anyone else apart from your good self) would analyse in huge detail what could or could not have happened over the duration of the Boro game and/or the three weeks leading up to the Man C game. Of course not

Do I think he might have had a wry smile about what might have been. Quite possibly.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

You're right; I'm not. Never intended to, don't intend to start now.

Talk about getting things out of proportion.

Do I think he (or indeed anyone else apart from your good self) would analyse in huge detail what could or could not have happened over the duration of the Boro game and/or the three weeks leading up to the Man C game. Of course not

Do I think he might have had a wry smile about what might have been. Quite possibly.

Someone who isn't a Newport player didn't play for Newport in a game that wasn't scheduled at the time that he was a Newport player.

Might as well have had a wry smile about not playing against Spurs twice.

Or Diedhiou have a wry smile that he didn't play at Anfield in 1994.

On 19/02/2019 at 12:23, 1bristolcity said:

Chelsea messed with his head, was prudent to bring him back and get him grounded.

Or, we wanted to have a look at him playing with the first teamers, playing our way, with a view to him having an impact later on in the season.

It'd be nice if he could help us get promotion, then again it'd be nice if anyone could get us promotion!!!

Archived