IGNORED

Season Ticket Prices Now Announced

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

I would have thought the club could take a deposit to reserve the seat and then you have a couple of months to save up the rest. They would still have the money before the end of season plus they could announce a date of release that is the same every year most will renew regardless. 

It's a very sensible idea. But they've never done it before (to my knowledge) so can't see them starting now.

6 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Really hope they have some £50 children ones in lansdown lower! Really wanna move from upper but My 7 & 5 year olds take in turns going and do t think 5 year old is quite ready for south stand.

They won't. 

• SC&T Board Members
6 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Many hoped that safe standing would be possible from the start of the 19/20 season if the government does indeed promote it. 

@Blagdon red any update in your discussions with the club/stadium on their future position?

Nothing new to report.

Of course, the club can now fit 'seats incorporating barriers' to enhance spectator safety in any area of the stadium where fans tend to stand (and indeed the Green Guide now suggests that clubs should consider doing so). Any formal green light from the government for such areas to be operated as official standing areas is, however, unlikely to come before STs go on sale.

14 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Really hope they have some £50 children ones in lansdown lower! Really wanna move from upper but My 7 & 5 year olds take in turns going and do t think 5 year old is quite ready for south stand.

I very much doubt they will do this after ‘cleansing’ the area of children last year, or you could be there if you paid more than the £50,is that right?

Whywould they want to sell a seat to a child, give away a free shirt and then the child only attends games once or twice. Obviously I’m not saying you do this but it’s widely known some adults do this, I’ve even heard that people buy the seat next to them in a child’s name just so they can have the seat spare next to them. The empty seats look bad in the stadium but they can’t be purchased for games as they are already sold.

The club only gets £50, gives away a shirt and doesn’t gain a future fan. No way are they going to offer this in prime seats, just the opposite. There is a family area up out of the way and if you want cheap seats that’s where you must sit, baring in mind many people don’t like kids around, they have needs that many people find irritating at football, toilet trips, fidgeting, and not being able to swear around them.

Again please do not take this as directed at you, it’s a general comment that the club will want to get as much money in as it can and there is very little financial profit from a £50 seat and no loyalty gained if the child doesn’t use it.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I very much doubt they will do this after ‘cleansing’ the area of children last year, or you could be there if you paid more than the £50,is that right?

Whywould they want to sell a seat to a child, give away a free shirt and then the child only attends games once or twice. Obviously I’m not saying you do this but it’s widely known some adults do this, I’ve even heard that people buy the seat next to them in a child’s name just so they can have the seat spare next to them. The empty seats look bad in the stadium but they can’t be purchased for games as they are already sold.

The club only gets £50, gives away a shirt and doesn’t gain a future fan. No way are they going to offer this in prime seats, just the opposite. There is a family area up out of the way and if you want cheap seats that’s where you must sit, baring in mind many people don’t like kids around, they have needs that many people find irritating at football, toilet trips, fidgeting, and not being able to swear around them.

Again please do not take this as directed at you, it’s a general comment that the club will want to get as much money in as it can and there is very little financial profit from a £50 seat and no loyalty gained if the child doesn’t use it.

Fair one. I share the child one between 2 but I have the odd booze day when I don’t bring either :laugh: so yeah I guess you’re right!

10 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

If We currently sit in the South Stand but want to upgrade to Dolman Wings next season,  I suppose we have to buy our  current seats at early bird price, then upgrade when they go on general sale. But do we pay the difference to the Dolman early price or the Dolman full price? 

I guess, and it’s only a guess, that you would pay full price. You would have got a discount by buying early anyway, you don’t get double discount I don’t think. Think it was about £70 ish difference between the SS and Dolman wings last year.

I hope the club don’t continue with its policy of financial cleansing of the central Lansdown stand.  Unbelievable price hike last year for fans, many of whom were Williams stand regulars and moved back over after a rebuilding season elsewhere.  I’m probably one price hike away from calling it a day in the area I’ve always occupied.  If the club made it clear from day one that this stand would take a year on year percentage rise larger then any part of the ground I would have thought twice before giving up my perfectly good seats which I queued up for a morning for in the south stand central from my one season during rebuilding.  The chances of finding a large number of seats all together in the best rows must be very limited now. I can’t moan about the football now so I need something to be unhappy about :)

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey, they’ll be on sale at Christmas this year for the 20/21 season at this rate!

Hyperbole alert!

Dates I renewed my season tickets in past seasons... 2008/09 - March 5th, 2009/10 - February 14th, 2010/11 - March 3rd, 2011/12 - February 13th. 

There were some later ones during the redevelopment because they weren't sure of the works timetables (affecting Dolman seats etc.) but this seems pretty normal timing.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I guess, and it’s only a guess, that you would pay full price. You would have got a discount by buying early anyway, you don’t get double discount I don’t think. Think it was about £70 ish difference between the SS and Dolman wings last year.

Thanks. That £ 70 though was the difference between the two early bird prices. Early Bird South Stand to full price Dolman Wings would be more like £110

23 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Thanks. That £ 70 though was the difference between the two early bird prices. Early Bird South Stand to full price Dolman Wings would be more like £110

Oh was it, appologies. I remembered the figure from somewhere. 

30 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I would call the club but I’m pretty sure it would be the difference between the early bird prices

2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

If We currently sit in the South Stand but want to upgrade to Dolman Wings next season,  I suppose we have to buy our  current seats at early bird price, then upgrade when they go on general sale. But do we pay the difference to the Dolman early price or the Dolman full price? 

I guess if there are seats available,   in the dolman, not taken by STHs, you could buy them at early bird prices.

I will be interested to see what they do as my ticket for the central Dolman saw a just under 16% price rise this season on last season and my son's U19's ticket a 51% price rise.

Meaning I had to find an extra £118 this season.

Like others have said I would be hoping for frozen prices on an early bird deal.

9 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

I will be interested to see what they do as my ticket for the central Dolman saw a just under 16% price rise this season on last season and my son's U19's ticket a 51% price rise.

Meaning I had to find an extra £118 this season.

Like others have said I would be hoping for frozen prices on an early bird deal.

Same. 

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Hyperbole alert!

Dates I renewed my season tickets in past seasons... 2008/09 - March 5th, 2009/10 - February 14th, 2010/11 - March 3rd, 2011/12 - February 13th. 

There were some later ones during the redevelopment because they weren't sure of the works timetables (affecting Dolman seats etc.) but this seems pretty normal timing.

Good for you....back in the 1980s I often renewed mine in July....so, no ‘hyperbole alert’ - just you wanting to highlight your blind loyalty...

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO I wish there was an option to seat 1 Wheelchair 1 Carer and 1 other, so I could get a season ticket for my dad, but all wheelchair areas are 1+ Carer only.

MK Dons had flexible seating even as far as 1+ Carer + 2 to allow a family of 4 to sit together. 

Obviously I’m not our SLO so I hope you don’t mind me butting in to say you raise a good point. Families could be split up due to this arrangement which is a real shame. Football should have an option to be watched together, for all. 

Are the wheelchair spaces over subscribed? Perhaps if all the available places aren’t taken up then the club could be flexible to accommodate? I guess if there are more people wanting places than spaces available that’s why it’s limited?

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Last season it worked like this (I think!):

1. Early bird period. Prices are low and season ticket holders seats are held for them.

2. Switch over period. Small number of days when season ticket holders seats aren't reserved anymore, but before general sale to allow those who want to move to do so. 

3. General sale. Prices go up and there's no preferential deal for previous season ticket holders.

I think you'll still be able to get the Dolman early price.

53 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good for you....back in the 1980s I often renewed mine in July....so, no ‘hyperbole alert’ - just you wanting to highlight your blind loyalty...

It isn't a hyperbole but to put season ticket prices out in February isn't too out of the blue. 

To compare it to the 80s, when football was so different to now is a bit odd though 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

Last season it worked like this (I think!):

1. Early bird period. Prices are low and season ticket holders seats are held for them.

2. Switch over period. Small number of days when season ticket holders seats aren't reserved anymore, but before general sale to allow those who want to move to do so. 

3. General sale. Prices go up and there's no preferential deal for previous season ticket holders.

I think you'll still be able to get the Dolman early price.

Spot on @Yellow&Blue&Red

image.png

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Obviously I’m not our SLO so I hope you don’t mind me butting in to say you raise a good point. Families could be split up due to this arrangement which is a real shame. Football should have an option to be watched together, for all. 

Agree, that’s why we enjoyed MKD, as we all sat together.  Currently when my dad comes along, I buy him a ticket and luckily one of the other wheelchair supporters doesn’t use a Carer, so dad sits a few seats down.

Are the wheelchair spaces over subscribed? Perhaps if all the available places aren’t taken up then the club could be flexible to accommodate? I guess if there are more people wanting places than spaces available that’s why it’s limited?

I think our section is fully taken / subscribed, but not all seats used each game.  I usually tell the club when Joe and I are I able to go, in case someone wants a change of seat on a one off basis.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO I wish there was an option to seat 1 Wheelchair 1 Carer and 1 other, so I could get a season ticket for my dad, but all wheelchair areas are 1+ Carer only.

MK Dons had flexible seating even as far as 1+ Carer + 2 to allow a family of 4 to sit together. 

I've often thought that!

Archived