IGNORED

Season Ticket Prices Now Announced

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Some people might be waiting until the next payday so they can make a one off payment.

Of course, I’m sure some will. Although you’d think that most wanting to do that would just buy on a credit card to secure their seat and then pay it off in a couple of weeks time. 

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not too bad. Although doesn’t that mean that 3.5k haven’t renewed..? 

Of course it’s not to say that they won’t, but haven’t taken up the window of opportunity to retain their current seat, or exchange it for an alternative. 

The start of next season is 4 and a half months away - a very long time to pay for something in advance.

I'm amazed we've sold so many.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The start of next season is 4 and a half months away - a very long time to pay for something in advance.

I'm amazed we've sold so many.

Ah! But if you pay for it now, in four and a half months you can justify missing games if we are crap as the spend was so long ago! 

7 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Been getting this today, did you figure it out? 

On 19/03/2019 at 11:18, ReggyRed said:

Anyone else try to renew online and want to pay monthly and got the error "Title not supplied"? Doing my head in

I was having this issue when renewing and eventually the only way around it was to call the club up and they were more than happy to set the DD up for me (they didn't know what's causing the issue either)

On 19/03/2019 at 11:18, ReggyRed said:

Anyone else try to renew online and want to pay monthly and got the error "Title not supplied"? Doing my head in

When setting up Bristol Sport account up, you need to ensure you enter a title (Mr / Mrs / Miss etc..), otherwise the account won't function, and you get this error coming up.

On 20/02/2019 at 12:13, Barkhamred said:

Someone posted earlier in the year suggesting that the club facilitated a way of transferring the £10 to CHSW. I think a method was posted on the OS but maybe it would be worth this being announced again. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

I have queried Supporter Services as to what is happening to the Cash Reward I agreed to donate to CHSW and received this response.

I was passed your email in relation to your current Rewards cash balance and donating it to charity. Apologies for the delay in responding.

I can confirm we have your request on record and will ensure this is processed. I believe the plan will be to use your Rewards cash to purchase kit to support the work of our charities i.e. Bristol Sport Foundation, Bristol City Community Trust.

Please be aware we are sending out some Rewards balance emails to all supporters shortly which will display the balance – you can ignore this as we’ll be treating your balance separately of course. Note your current balance is £11.50.

Kind regards,

Charlie

Charlie Lincoln
Head of Data and CRM 

M: 07817 548 761
E: charlie.lincoln@bristol-sport.co.uk
W: 
www.bristol-sport.co.uk
Tw: @Bristol_Sport

I responded by stating I was under the impression that the donations would be going to CHSW and that was my wish. I then  received the following response.

Can you confirm where you heard this regarding CHSW?

The story I have reference to is as follows:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/redeem-your-city-rewards/

Whilst technically correct in that the article states the donations will go to charity this is not qualified and I was under the impression it would be CHSW.

Does this affect anyone else?

And

Can anyone dig up the detail from the guy who had the foresight to instigate this and confirmation that such donations would go to CHSW.

Many thanks Ron

16 minutes ago, redysteadygo1 said:

I have queried Supporter Services as to what is happening to the Cash Reward I agreed to donate to CHSW and received this response.

I was passed your email in relation to your current Rewards cash balance and donating it to charity. Apologies for the delay in responding.

I can confirm we have your request on record and will ensure this is processed. I believe the plan will be to use your Rewards cash to purchase kit to support the work of our charities i.e. Bristol Sport Foundation, Bristol City Community Trust.

Please be aware we are sending out some Rewards balance emails to all supporters shortly which will display the balance – you can ignore this as we’ll be treating your balance separately of course. Note your current balance is £11.50.

Kind regards,

Charlie

Charlie Lincoln
Head of Data and CRM 

M: 07817 548 761
E: charlie.lincoln@bristol-sport.co.uk
W: 
www.bristol-sport.co.uk
Tw: @Bristol_Sport

I responded by stating I was under the impression that the donations would be going to CHSW and that was my wish. I then  received the following response.

Can you confirm where you heard this regarding CHSW?

The story I have reference to is as follows:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/redeem-your-city-rewards/

Whilst technically correct in that the article states the donations will go to charity this is not qualified and I was under the impression it would be CHSW.

Does this affect anyone else?

And

Can anyone dig up the detail from the guy who had the foresight to instigate this and confirmation that such donations would go to CHSW.

Many thanks Ron

I think @Bristol Rob first suggested this? 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think @Bristol Rob first suggested this? 

I did indeed Reg.

Been poorly executed by the club. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO picked up on the suggestion, and it was mentioned on the club website that they'd be lobbing donations to CHSW.

No idea why things might be different now. Maybe that Matt can shed a bit of light on this.

I did indeed Reg.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO picked up on the suggestion, and it was mentioned on the club website that they'd be lobbing donations to CHSW.

No idea why things might be different now. Maybe that Matt can shed a bit of light on this.

That was very much my understanding too. How can that have changed? 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

That was very much my understanding too. How can that have changed? 

No idea! 

Sure there are a number of worthy causes who might benefit from the spend, but the suggestion was seemingly made and accepted as CHSW.

If it has changed, then it would be interesting to know why.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I did indeed Reg.

I've had a look around online and I can't find anything from the club mentioning CHSW, just a couple of mentions on OTIB 

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

If fans email marketing@bristol-sport.co.uk asking for any rewards balance that's outstanding by the end of May to be donated, then this money will be used to purchase kit to donate to the participants of BCCT schemes and local community projects. 

Matt

Hi Matt,

So let me get this straight. As a result of a 5% reduction in discount for purchases at the ground, to Season Card holders, a Cash Reward scheme, for purchases from the club shop is introduced and can be used for further purchases from the club shop. A £10 starter is given to all card holders as a swedtner. A supporter, who uses the pseudonym Bristol Rob on the OTIB fans forum website puts forward a suggestion that because he is unlikely to spend his tenner that it gets donated to CHSW. A brilliant piece of intuitiveness. This appears to find favour and an article appears by James Crawley  on the club website on 9th August 2018 with a paragraph stating;

We have received requests from supporters who would like to donate their Rewards cash to charity and we would like to thank them for their generosity.  If supporters would like to donate their Rewards cash to charity they can do so by emailing marketing@bristol-sport.co.uk

So I, like other supporters, have the impression our unused CASH REWARDS will be donated to CHSW and email our request to donate. I do agree it is stated that the donation is to a charity but the preamble to this leads me to believe that CHSW will be the recipient charity.

I now find that my unused CASH REWARD will be used to purchase unsold stock from the club shop and be distributed by BCCT to projects and community groups.

Whilst I have no objection to supporting these groups I feel there is a great disparity in me choosing to donate CASH  to a selected charity and what is now proposed, i.e. assisting sales targets being met at the club shop with the addition of random groups, selected by someone else, receiving the benefit.

I trust you can see the logic in my reasoning for raising these comments and hopefully find a means of my CASH donation meeting it's original intention and honouring Bristol Rob's original scheme.  Best Regards Ron

35 minutes ago, redysteadygo1 said:

Hi Matt,

So let me get this straight. As a result of a 5% reduction in discount for purchases at the ground, to Season Card holders, a Cash Reward scheme, for purchases from the club shop is introduced and can be used for further purchases from the club shop. A £10 starter is given to all card holders as a swedtner. A supporter, who uses the pseudonym Bristol Rob on the OTIB fans forum website puts forward a suggestion that because he is unlikely to spend his tenner that it gets donated to CHSW. A brilliant piece of intuitiveness. This appears to find favour and an article appears by James Crawley  on the club website on 9th August 2018 with a paragraph stating;

We have received requests from supporters who would like to donate their Rewards cash to charity and we would like to thank them for their generosity.  If supporters would like to donate their Rewards cash to charity they can do so by emailing marketing@bristol-sport.co.uk

So I, like other supporters, have the impression our unused CASH REWARDS will be donated to CHSW and email our request to donate. I do agree it is stated that the donation is to a charity but the preamble to this leads me to believe that CHSW will be the recipient charity.

I now find that my unused CASH REWARD will be used to purchase unsold stock from the club shop and be distributed by BCCT to projects and community groups.

Whilst I have no objection to supporting these groups I feel there is a great disparity in me choosing to donate CASH  to a selected charity and what is now proposed, i.e. assisting sales targets being met at the club shop with the addition of random groups, selected by someone else, receiving the benefit.

I trust you can see the logic in my reasoning for raising these comments and hopefully find a means of my CASH donation meeting it's original intention and honouring Bristol Rob's original scheme.  Best Regards Ron

I can totally see why they are doing it the way they have announced. 

The “reward cash” isn’t actually tangible “cash” it’s a discount against club merchandise, so giving a “cash” donation to charity means the “cash” would have to be generated from somewhere. 

Doing it this way, doesn’t actually cost the club and leave them out of pocket, as they’d have budgeted on “reward cash” being redeemed. That than it just expiring and going to waste, it can be used to provide replica kit to under privileged kids in community projects that the club (BCCT) run & work with.

A sensible solution all round, I’d say. 

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can totally see why they are doing it the way they have announced. 

The “reward cash” isn’t actually tangible “cash” it’s a discount against club merchandise, so giving a “cash” donation to charity means the “cash” would have to be generated from somewhere. 

Doing it this way, doesn’t actually cost the club and leave them out of pocket, as they’d have budgeted on “reward cash” being redeemed. That than it just expiring and going to waste, it can be used to provide replica kit to under privileged kids in community projects that the club (BCCT) run & work with.

A sensible solution all round, I’d say. 

BBBS3. Yes I understood why they did it this way. But it was a scheme promoted to counter the change from 15 to 10 per cent discount on  purchases. It was not a benefit to many fans who do not use the club shop. It is entitled Reward Cash unlike other schemes that use "loyalty points" or tokens/vouchers. To me cash means cash and the offer was to donate Reward Cash to charity.

5 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

BBBS3. Yes I understood why they did it this way. But it was a scheme promoted to counter the change from 15 to 10 per cent discount on  purchases. It was not a benefit to many fans who do not use the club shop. It is entitled Reward Cash unlike other schemes that use "loyalty points" or tokens/vouchers. To me cash means cash and the offer was to donate Reward Cash to charity.

It’s only “cash” redeemable in the club shop. You couldn’t spend it anywhere else, so neither can the club, because it doesn’t actually exist! There aren’t a bundle of £10 notes stashed behind the counter, to top up each season ticket holders purchase, with loads of unclaimed cash going begging.. 

1 hour ago, redysteadygo1 said:

Hi Matt,

Technically, I think Bristol Rob is more of a Nom de plume rather than a pseudonym.

But your point is very much valid.

I made the suggestion, based on what I assumed would be limited support, so that my tenner might buy a few pens, a pad of paper or other small trinkets - the sort of things kids (CHSW) would probably enjoy.

Evidently, the club have decided to stretch this out beyond that.

What would be reassuring, would be if the club were to take all lapsing credits and use them for all of the charities, rather than dodging the issue and just letting the funds lapse in to nowhere.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Technically, I think Bristol Rob is more of a Nom de plume rather than a pseudonym.

But your point is very much valid.

I made the suggestion, based on what I assumed would be limited support, so that my tenner might buy a few pens, a pad of paper or other small trinkets - the sort of things kids (CHSW) would probably enjoy.

Evidently, the club have decided to stretch this out beyond that.

What would be reassuring, would be if the club were to take all lapsing credits and use them for all of the charities, rather than dodging the issue and just letting the funds lapse in to nowhere.

It’s a good idea and initiative, but there aren’t any “funds”..! It’s a discount, not a £10 note. Businesses use them every day. 

I didn’t redeem £20 off my online Sainsbury’s shop last week, because I didn’t do an online shop. I don’t think anyone expects them to then give that £20 to charity. 

I think it’s good that the club are offering to embrace any initiative in this. They certainly aren’t obliged too. 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s a good idea and initiative, but there aren’t any “funds”..! It’s a discount, not a £10 note. Businesses use them every day. 

I didn’t redeem £20 off my online Sainsbury’s shop last week, because I didn’t do an online shop. I don’t think anyone expects them to then give that £20 to charity. 

I think it’s good that the club are offering to embrace any initiative in this. They certainly aren’t obliged too. 

I'm not asking them to give the cash, just requesting that the soon to be lapsed funds are used against spend on redundant stock and given to causes worthy.

I'm not asking them to give the cash, just requesting that the soon to be lapsed funds are used against spend on redundant stock and given to causes worthy.

Isn’t that what’s been announced..?

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Subject to a half announced announcement that requires people to email the marketing department.

If it was a default option, it would save marketing and supporters admin.

Yes, ok. They could just make it automatic for all expired credit. 

Especially as the kit will be exported by then anyway. 

Archived