IGNORED

Norwich forum.

stephenkibby.

7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

apparently  in our unbeaten run we haven't  had a win over anyone with any merit.

Well..

At the end of the day any team that wins 9 in a row at Championship level is doing something right.  We showed that against Wolves too with another decent defensive effort and a spirited performance to try to get back in the 2nd half.

6 minutes ago, Roe said:

Well..

At the end of the day any team that wins 9 in a row at Championship level is doing something right.  We showed that against Wolves too with another decent defensive effort and a spirited performance to try to get back in the 2nd half.

Your wrong I’m afraid, this only counts for everyone else in the Championship except for ‘Shitty little Brizzle City’ all I’ve heard from opposition after our games during our run is, ‘can’t believe we lost to them’, ‘they are shite’ ‘worst team I’ve seen all season’ blah blah blah.

Let Norwich think that way too, and hopefully we’ll shut them up come Saturday ??

17 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Just had a look. after a moan about a request for more tickets, apparently  in our unbeaten run we haven't  had a win over anyone with any merit.

Lets see after Saturdays game.

Otib would be very similar if we were in the same position as Norwich are.

We’re all football fans at the end of the day - we just support different clubs that’s all.

5 minutes ago, Gibbs said:

A few teams we have beaten have dropped out the top half since like Blackburn, Swansea and Stoke. The table doesn't lie though.

I really don't see there is any games that we would see as a given.

If this league tells you anything it's don't take any game for granted.

Hell was anyone that super confident we would beat already relegated Rotherham?

To be fair to them of our 7 wins in a row, theyve played 4 of the fixtures and won them all too. Rotherham H Bolton H Forest A Blackburn A.

They are better than us but we can go there with our head held high. Be good to extend the unbeaten league run even if the winning run is to much to hope for.

Norwich fan here, and I too have read the thread referred to above, and with some disdain, I was at your place for the 2-2 draw in December and felt that game could have gone either way on the night chances wise, but most definitely was better for you guys on gameplay, pressing and possession. 

Regarding your recent run, it has been outstanding and any of our fans underestimating the task on Saturday stand  a good chance of leaving Carrow road disappointed! Although you can be sure that Daniel Farke won't be underestimating you and won't be allowing the squad to either. Your run will end some time, they all do, but I'm not convinced it will Saturday. 

I hope we all get to see an entertaining game and of course I hope Norwich play like we did at Leeds and Bolton and that the Preston game was a blip, however, I saw shades of Bristol at Preston and didn't much like it......

12 minutes ago, OldYella said:

Norwich fan here, and I too have read the thread referred to above, and with some disdain, I was at your place for the 2-2 draw in December and felt that game could have gone either way on the night chances wise, but most definitely was better for you guys on gameplay, pressing and possession. 

Regarding your recent run, it has been outstanding and any of our fans underestimating the task on Saturday stand  a good chance of leaving Carrow road disappointed! Although you can be sure that Daniel Farke won't be underestimating you and won't be allowing the squad to either. Your run will end some time, they all do, but I'm not convinced it will Saturday. 

I hope we all get to see an entertaining game and of course I hope Norwich play like we did at Leeds and Bolton and that the Preston game was a blip, however, I saw shades of Bristol at Preston and didn't much like it......

Funny you mention Preston....despite not being as cynical as them (we don’t have a vile shit like Ben Pearson), we are a team currently playing as a “sum of the parts” not as individuals as previous season’s Bristol City teams have.

Will be interesting to see Pukki against Webster and Kalas (Webster missed the home game) - they are a fantastic pairing - many fans on here saying they are the best they’ve seen, including our old DIv One (late 70s) side.

We also have Jay Dasilva, who will hopefully push Buendía and Aarons back.  He offers more going forward than Kelly, and has the best first touch in our squad.

It should be a good game.  Is Vrancic likely to still be out?  Good player.

39 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Don't think so. Can't see us dismissing any upcoming opponents that had won 9 games in a row.

Usually we can't afford to dismiss any team that's  won one game in a row!

14 minutes ago, wood_red said:

No chance imo. They will all know (bar the kids)

To the Norwich fans all that matters is getting back to the PL and of course beating Ipswich.......They’re 2 points clear at the top and are looking up rather than down. 

I seriously doubt that many of them actually know where Bristol is let alone our recent Championship form, 

To coin a phrase  - we’re ‘under their radar’  and hopefully it’ll stay that way.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To the Norwich fans all that matters is getting back to the PL and of course beating Ipswich.......They’re 2 points clear at the top and are looking up rather than down. 

I seriously doubt that many of them actually know where Bristol is let alone our recent Championship form, 

To coin a phrase  - we’re ‘under their radar’  and hopefully it’ll stay that way.

You really do post utter nonsense most of the time.  

‘Norwich fans just like us wouldn’t know any different’, why don’t you have a look at this forum in the days leading up to Blackburn; the VAST majority knew their run and form, respected them and feared the banana skin. 

You don’t slow down for a car crash. 

33 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

To be fair to them of our 7 wins in a row, theyve played 4 of the fixtures and won them all too. Rotherham H Bolton H Forest A Blackburn A.

They are better than us but we can go there with our head held high. Be good to extend the unbeaten league run even if the winning run is to much to hope for.

Everyone plays everyone twice in the League so couldn’t really care less who we’ve beaten on our recent run of victories, that’s what the fixture list gave us so we can only beat what’s in front of us, and as someone pointed out above this league is nigh on impossible to predict. Our run will obviously end at some point, and most will probably say it will end this week, but if LJ gets his tactics right from the start then I think we’ll come away with something, I’m predicting a high scoring game, a draw or either side by the odd goal.

@RobboredI take little or no interest in half the teams in this league, and if a few lower down has won a couple on the bounce I may not know as I don't recall all of the results, but if ANY of them won 7 on the bounce and were unbeaten in 15 league games I would be well aware of it.

You really think you could go to numerous Norwich fans on Saturday and ask "what do you think of our 15 game unbeaten run and our 7 wins on the bounce in the League", and they would honestly replay "I never knew that"? I could imagine Delia replying "who are you" but that's it.

39 minutes ago, OldYella said:

Well said, at the end of the day we just want to be respected. I have no doubts Farke and your lot will be well up for it and expecting a big test. We haven’t been spectacular in our run but we play good football at times, can turn it up if need be and we are extremely difficult to break down.

Norwich in many ways are the complete opposite almost. Generally play the good football at all times and score quite a few but can have an off day defensively. I don’t expect 3 points Saturday. Don’t even expect 1 but I’d be shocked if it wasn’t a close one. 

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

@RobboredI take little or no interest in half the teams in this league, and if a few lower down has won a couple on the bounce I may not know as I don't recall all of the results, but if ANY of them won 7 on the bounce and were unbeaten in 15 league games I would be well aware of it.

You really think you could go to numerous Norwich fans on Saturday and ask "what do you think of our 15 game unbeaten run and our 7 wins on the bounce in the League", and they would honestly replay "I never knew that"? I could imagine Delia replying "who are you" but that's it.

It’s hard to keep your ear to the ground from inside Ian’s sphincter 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Well said, at the end of the day we just want to be respected. I have no doubts Farke and your lot will be well up for it and expecting a big test. We haven’t been spectacular in our run but we play good football at times, can turn it up if need be and we are extremely difficult to break down.

Norwich in many ways are the complete opposite almost. Generally play the good football at all times and score quite a few but can have an off day defensively. I don’t expect 3 points Saturday. Don’t even expect 1 but I’d be shocked if it wasn’t a close one. 

Norwich was the last time we conceded more than once.

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You really do post utter nonsense most of the time.  

‘Norwich fans just like us wouldn’t know any different’, why don’t you have a look at this forum in the days leading up to Blackburn; the VAST majority knew their run and form, respected them and feared the banana skin. 

You don’t slow down for a car crash. 

You’re forgetting that I’m the forum pantomime villian..........

Archived