IGNORED

Norwich forum.

stephenkibby.

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You’re just a shit Joe Pasquale , shiiiit Joe Pasqualeeeee

You have just got me imagining Joe Pasquale reading out the team sheet under the dolman a few years ago. it might be worse than eating cheese before you go to bed.

9 minutes ago, reddoh said:

You have just got me imagining Joe Pasquale reading out the team sheet under the dolman a few years ago. it might be worse than eating cheese before you go to bed.

What does make me sympathise is that most, if not all, could not imagine a life so vacuous and empty that to give it purpose you’d become a ‘forum pantomime villain’, and this from a guy formerly working in mental health who probably can recognise his own narcissism and megalomania. A guy who begged for sympathy not that long back from his internet stranger friends - who he overtly tries to annoy - for his illness,  then having fed his addiction, comes back the same class clown. 

What does make me sympathise is that most, if not all, could not imagine a life so vacuous and empty that to give it purpose you’d become a ‘forum pantomime villain’, and this from a guy formerly working in mental health who probably can recognise his own narcissism and megalomania. A guy who begged for sympathy not that long back from his internet stranger friends - who he overtly tries to annoy - for his illness,  then having fed his addiction, comes back the same class clown. 

Imagine how you would feel if someone made this comment about you. 

You probably wouldn't be happy about it.....unlike him.

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Imagine how you would feel if someone made this comment about you. 

You probably wouldn't be happy about it.....unlike him.

He’ll just ‘haha’ it and in a few weeks bring up ‘reputation points’ again. 

yeah I don't get that but each to their own , never sure if my version of history is any better than anyone else's. 

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Just had a look. after a moan about a request for more tickets, apparently  in our unbeaten run we haven't  had a win over anyone with any merit.

Lets see after Saturdays game.

Its the usual stuff you read on here! just typed faster.

Seeing how much that comment about us not being anyone of merit got under some people's skin is amusing. 

Troth of the matter is it's a great run but they're is some truth of not being anyone of merit when that run didn't include any of the current top 6. I'm not saying they're right in the suggestion that the run isn't impressive but had it included any of the top 6 it would certainly be a striker statement. 

I do worry that some of the comments on here may come back to bite the posters in the ass. Sure, our run wasn't down to luck but neither is Norwich being top of the league. We're going to their ground and they're top of the league, they have every right to be confident. 

I'm confident the lads will go out fighting, I'm a little less confident about us coming back with 3 points. 

To be fair its taken our own fans quite a long time to realise just how good a team (and manager) we have become, so expecting other team's fans, especially in more lofty positions, to see it is a bit rich. The truth is Wolves were the first real quality team we have played and we put in a good show 2nd half. Put that together with the fact that our away form has generally been better than at Ashton Gate and if we can get our tactics right this Saturday we should give Norwich a good game. 

I am looking forward to it and hoping for quality game between two good sides.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

To the Norwich fans all that matters is getting back to the PL and of course beating Ipswich.......They’re 2 points clear at the top and are looking up rather than down. 

I seriously doubt that many of them actually know where Bristol is let alone our recent Championship form, 

To coin a phrase  - we’re ‘under their radar’  and hopefully it’ll stay that way.

Yeah of course , Naarich supporters are all thick country bumpkins who have never heard of Bristol or Bristol City despite having played our club hundreds of times . 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Funny you mention Preston....despite not being as cynical as them (we don’t have a vile shit like Ben Pearson), we are a team currently playing as a “sum of the parts” not as individuals as previous season’s Bristol City teams have.

Will be interesting to see Pukki against Webster and Kalas (Webster missed the home game) - they are a fantastic pairing - many fans on here saying they are the best they’ve seen, including our old DIv One (late 70s) side.

We also have Jay Dasilva, who will hopefully push Buendía and Aarons back.  He offers more going forward than Kelly, and has the best first touch in our squad.

It should be a good game.  Is Vrancic likely to still be out?  Good player.

Vrancic will miss Saturday due to being kicked off the park by our light-footed, skilful neighbours (thuggish cloggers), Mo Leitner is set to make his full comeback after playing 10 minutes last Saturday, he was our best player till his injury a few weeks before we came to Ashton Gate.

I think a few on here have posted that they see Norwich fans as dismissive of Bristol, the ones who know their football and go to most games certainly do not. Maybe the younger lot don't know what to expect, but I do, and if we get anything at all from Saturday, I'll be well pleased!

2 hours ago, OldYella said:

Vrancic will miss Saturday due to being kicked off the park by our light-footed, skilful neighbours (thuggish cloggers), Mo Leitner is set to make his full comeback after playing 10 minutes last Saturday, he was our best player till his injury a few weeks before we came to Ashton Gate.

I think a few on here have posted that they see Norwich fans as dismissive of Bristol, the ones who know their football and go to most games certainly do not. Maybe the younger lot don't know what to expect, but I do, and if we get anything at all from Saturday, I'll be well pleased!

I think you’re being a bit negative there old chap, playing to the crowd.

you're a top side and you know it. If you’re on your game, we’ll have our work cut out to stay in the game. But that’s what we’re good at - we’re well organised and break quickly away from home.

Should  be a good/interesting game - the first goal will be crucial in my view.

3 hours ago, OldYella said:

I think we'd all be delighted with a draw really, even given the run we're on. We don't score many but we concede even fewer, it worries me that your home goal scoring record is so good as we've only scored more than 2 twice this season, so I can't see it being a free scoring encounter like the ones you've had at CR this season.

Good to hear Vranjic is out but a shame about Leitner coming back, was supposed to be the next big thing at Dortmund wasn't he? Your midfield's pretty stacked either way.

Must admit I'm slightly sceptical as to whether you're going to grant us those extra 500 tickets. The club had no need to put an article out saying so, I think they're trying to show that they are trying but perhaps won't be successful. Usually we'd complain but we don't really have a leg to stand on after limiting Wolves' allocation on Saturday from the 15% they were entitled to.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Funny you mention Preston....despite not being as cynical as them (we don’t have a vile shit like Ben Pearson), we are a team currently playing as a “sum of the parts” not as individuals as previous season’s Bristol City teams have.

Will be interesting to see Pukki against Webster and Kalas (Webster missed the home game) - they are a fantastic pairing - many fans on here saying they are the best they’ve seen, including our old DIv One (late 70s) side.

We also have Jay Dasilva, who will hopefully push Buendía and Aarons back.  He offers more going forward than Kelly, and has the best first touch in our squad.

It should be a good game.  Is Vrancic likely to still be out?  Good player.

Pukki was extremely impressive at the Gate IMHO, all movement and harassment, good player! It will be a test for Webster, with Kalas alongside, to keep him quiet. He's the best I've seen up front in the championship this season and must be a total pain to play against. The fact Webster is an ex tractor boy might add something too.

No doubt, his great mate, Maenpaa will be attempting to wind Pukki up before the match on Saturday and vice versa.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Pukki was extremely impressive at the Gate IMHO, all movement and harassment, good player! It will be a test for Webster, with Kalas alongside, to keep him quiet. He's the best I've seen up front in the championship this season and must be a total pain to play against. The fact Webster is an ex tractor boy might add something too.

No doubt, his great mate, Maenpaa will be attempting to wind Pukki up before the match on Saturday and vice versa.

He reminds me of Reid last season, dunno what you think? Very good player, will be a big test to contain him.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He reminds me of Reid last season, dunno what you think? Very good player, will be a big test to contain him.

Indeed, a bit of 'Reid' Mr P plus a bit of the Brentford fella, Maupay, another fine front man.

I had never even heard of him before he went to Carrow Rd TBH, they found a good one in him.

Another Canary here!

Pukki is a very good player, but our real strength in my opinion is our ability to play through teams with slick interplay coming from Buendia and Stiepermann in particular. I’ve never seen a Norwich team play like this before, it’s brilliant as this season has come as a total surprise.

You’ll get chances of your own, particularly if you are effective on the break (which it sounds like you are).

We has a good battle with Sheff United a few weeks ago which finished 2-2, wouldn’t be surprised if it was a similar outcome.

I haven’t read the forum post that triggered  this thread, if it was on the pinkun it’s best taken with a pinch of salt; that forum has more than it’s fair share of lunatics.

Going into the game, I wouldn’t take anything less than a win. Not because I’m underestimating Bristol City, or to be disrespectful, but we’re top of the league and I’d hope we’d beat anyone we play at home in the league. However, reality is of course that we won’t win them all and this is a tough game. I wonder how I will feel after the game if we have not won? Hard to know as it all comes down to the balance of play, doesn’t it? If we nicked a late point I’d be pleased; if you did, I’d be disappointed.

im sure it will be a good game, to be honest, I don’t think there have been any bad ones at Carrow Road this season. Even when we’ve lost it’s been 4-3 (twice), a shithouse 1-0 from stoke (probably the only boring game), and 3-0 to Leeds. So lots of entertainment. I can only recall 2 draws, 2-2 v sheff united and 3-3 v forest (we were 3-0 down with 15 mins to go). There have been a silly number of goals at Carrow Road, so 0-0 it is....

Enjoy the trip, it’s a long one but Norwich is a great City.

With regard to the tickets,  it sure if you’ll get the extra or not, depends what was agreed upfront. It’s a home sell out and we move the away partition depending on allocation and sell those to home fans. If it was agreed that the 500 would be held back until a week before then they won’t have been sold and you’ll get them, if not, they might well have already been sold to home fans. Our approach in this regard has upset some other visitors in the past so hopefully not this time.

26 minutes ago, RedSA said:

If we do win, on Saturday this would be the most likely way we do it, and wouldn’t be the first time this season. 

*cue 4-5 thriller. 

Famous last words.....but I can’t see anyone shithousing a 1-0 win again. We seem to be able to play through teams that sit back and defend.

definitely the teams that have success of late have had more of an in our faces approach; pressing and disrupting. Generally going toe to toe.

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I wonder if Mods will allow a sub-forum for Robored posts!...

The official Robored abuse thread

The official Robored drove a coach load of Sags to Wembley thread

The official Robored lyrics thread

etc etc!

Źzzzzz.....

Robbored would have a lazy lob on with the attention.

25 minutes ago, Canary_Yellow said:

Famous last words.....but I can’t see anyone shithousing a 1-0 win again. We seem to be able to play through teams that sit back and defend.

definitely the teams that have success of late have had more of an in our faces approach; pressing and disrupting. Generally going toe to toe.

It’s not quite a sit back and defend but a very solid shape with a strong press triggered when entering certain areas of the pitch. Back 4 often keeping pretty narrow and restricting attacks to crosses which we trust our defence to deal with and then attempting to break at pace.

Looking at how you attack I think we’ll need a bit of luck and a strong rearguard action to pull it off if we take that approach, but stranger things have happened :)  

5 hours ago, Canary_Yellow said:

Another Canary here!

Pukki is a very good player, but our real strength in my opinion is our ability to play through teams with slick interplay coming from Buendia and Stiepermann in particular. I’ve never seen a Norwich team play like this before, it’s brilliant as this season has come as a total surprise.

You’ll get chances of your own, particularly if you are effective on the break (which it sounds like you are).

We has a good battle with Sheff United a few weeks ago which finished 2-2, wouldn’t be surprised if it was a similar outcome.

I haven’t read the forum post that triggered  this thread, if it was on the pinkun it’s best taken with a pinch of salt; that forum has more than it’s fair share of lunatics.

Going into the game, I wouldn’t take anything less than a win. Not because I’m underestimating Bristol City, or to be disrespectful, but we’re top of the league and I’d hope we’d beat anyone we play at home in the league. However, reality is of course that we won’t win them all and this is a tough game. I wonder how I will feel after the game if we have not won? Hard to know as it all comes down to the balance of play, doesn’t it? If we nicked a late point I’d be pleased; if you did, I’d be disappointed.

im sure it will be a good game, to be honest, I don’t think there have been any bad ones at Carrow Road this season. Even when we’ve lost it’s been 4-3 (twice), a shithouse 1-0 from stoke (probably the only boring game), and 3-0 to Leeds. So lots of entertainment. I can only recall 2 draws, 2-2 v sheff united and 3-3 v forest (we were 3-0 down with 15 mins to go). There have been a silly number of goals at Carrow Road, so 0-0 it is....

Enjoy the trip, it’s a long one but Norwich is a great City.

With regard to the tickets,  it sure if you’ll get the extra or not, depends what was agreed upfront. It’s a home sell out and we move the away partition depending on allocation and sell those to home fans. If it was agreed that the 500 would be held back until a week before then they won’t have been sold and you’ll get them, if not, they might well have already been sold to home fans. Our approach in this regard has upset some other visitors in the past so hopefully not this time.

If we do manage to beat you we’ll be ready for the usual negative comments from opposition fans saying things like, ‘they’re nothing special, can’t see how they’re so high up the table etc etc’ we’ve had this nonsense eight times away from home already this season

Would be much more pissed off if Norwich fans (and all other fans for that matter) were saying things like

"They've had this big run, they have a great defence, they must be confident, this is gonna be really hard ...." etc etc

To Norwich City, if anyone is reading this

We are crap, we've got no chance in this world of getting anything at such a huge club as yours, all our wins have been as lucky as ****

and just cos LJ's face seems to be everywhere you look right now (:laugh:) he hasn't a Scooby, honestly

All down to luck.

Archived