IGNORED

Norwich forum.

stephenkibby.

44 minutes ago, RedSA said:

It’s not quite a sit back and defend but a very solid shape with a strong press triggered when entering certain areas of the pitch. Back 4 often keeping pretty narrow and restricting attacks to crosses which we trust our defence to deal with and then attempting to break at pace.

Looking at how you attack I think we’ll need a bit of luck and a strong rearguard action to pull it off if we take that approach, but stranger things have happened :)  

We’re a decent championship team, not Man City - so no reason why it couldn’t work.

Preston beat us last week, deservedly so on the performance of the two teams on the night. A frustrating one to lose for a plethora of reasons, but Preston certainly deserved their win.

No reason why you can’t win, and you all know that too. Football defies logic, and it wouldn’t even be a big upset, maybe a little bit of a surprise to non-Bristol City fans, if you did.

im looking forward to a good game.

• Admin

Norwich, like ourselves, are up there because of their away record rather than Carrow Road being a fortress as shown by 4 teams emerging with the 3 points when visiting which gives me hope. However, if you offered me the draw now I'd take it to keep the confidence of this unbeaten league run going.

13 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Norwich, like ourselves, are up there because of their away record rather than Carrow Road being a fortress as shown by 4 teams emerging with the 3 points when visiting which gives me hope. However, if you offered me the draw now I'd take it to keep the confidence of this unbeaten league run going.

Only Leeds and Sheffield United have better home records. We’ve lost 4, but only drawn 2 with 10 wins.

2 of the 4 home defeats were in August, only lost once at home since losing to Stoke early October. Derby over the Christmas period, which I still think we would have won but for a floodlight failure and 20 minute break after we went 3-2 up after 84 mins ?

id agree it’s not a fortress though, not sure anywhere really is this season really.

7 hours ago, Canary_Yellow said:

Another Canary here!

Pukki is a very good player, but our real strength in my opinion is our ability to play through teams with slick interplay coming from Buendia and Stiepermann in particular. I’ve never seen a Norwich team play like this before, it’s brilliant as this season has come as a total surprise.

You’ll get chances of your own, particularly if you are effective on the break (which it sounds like you are).

We has a good battle with Sheff United a few weeks ago which finished 2-2, wouldn’t be surprised if it was a similar outcome.

I haven’t read the forum post that triggered  this thread, if it was on the pinkun it’s best taken with a pinch of salt; that forum has more than it’s fair share of lunatics.

Going into the game, I wouldn’t take anything less than a win. Not because I’m underestimating Bristol City, or to be disrespectful, but we’re top of the league and I’d hope we’d beat anyone we play at home in the league. However, reality is of course that we won’t win them all and this is a tough game. I wonder how I will feel after the game if we have not won? Hard to know as it all comes down to the balance of play, doesn’t it? If we nicked a late point I’d be pleased; if you did, I’d be disappointed.

im sure it will be a good game, to be honest, I don’t think there have been any bad ones at Carrow Road this season. Even when we’ve lost it’s been 4-3 (twice), a shithouse 1-0 from stoke (probably the only boring game), and 3-0 to Leeds. So lots of entertainment. I can only recall 2 draws, 2-2 v sheff united and 3-3 v forest (we were 3-0 down with 15 mins to go). There have been a silly number of goals at Carrow Road, so 0-0 it is....

Enjoy the trip, it’s a long one but Norwich is a great City.

With regard to the tickets,  it sure if you’ll get the extra or not, depends what was agreed upfront. It’s a home sell out and we move the away partition depending on allocation and sell those to home fans. If it was agreed that the 500 would be held back until a week before then they won’t have been sold and you’ll get them, if not, they might well have already been sold to home fans. Our approach in this regard has upset some other visitors in the past so hopefully not this time.

Whichever way it goes, it sounds like it should be a good watch.

We do our best against teams playing open, flowing football, but struggle to break down teams who just want to defend and time-waste.

9 hours ago, Scrumpty said:
12 hours ago, OldYella said:

Vrancic will miss Saturday due to being kicked off the park by our light-footed, skilful neighbours (thuggish cloggers), Mo Leitner is set to make his full comeback after playing 10 minutes last Saturday, he was our best player till his injury a few weeks before we came to Ashton Gate.

I think a few on here have posted that they see Norwich fans as dismissive of Bristol, the ones who know their football and go to most games certainly do not. Maybe the younger lot don't know what to expect, but I do, and if we get anything at all from Saturday, I'll be well pleased!

I think you’re being a bit negative there old chap, playing to the crowd.

you're a top side and you know it. If you’re on your game, we’ll have our work cut out to stay in the game. But that’s what we’re good at - we’re well organised and break quickly away from home.

Should  be a good/interesting game - the first goal will be crucial in my view.

Hi Scrumpty.

I'm not known for being wildly optimistic, more realistic, and after the away fixture I thought you guys were no mugs. Your 9 game streak is no accident and we are prone to defending poorly at set pieces and can give penalties away far too easily. We are top right now, and it's been a great ride so far, but as I said earlier we don't have a mean defence, we score plenty and that makes for excitement, however the old "score one more than you" method can prove unreliable when playing 90 minute games. If it was like tennis and you won the match by getting 2 goals ahead, I think we'd do alright. 

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Don't mind if I join you

Archived