IGNORED

FA CUP DRAW

Wrongagain

• Admin
11 hours ago, dave36 said:

If only we had VAR 

Man U would perhaps be on their way to BS3 soon!

someone enlighten me, how come we don’t have the tech for VAR when we have it for TMO?

surely the tech is it the same!

What are the similarities between TMO and VAR?

THE VAR system is very much in its infancy in football, but has been criticised for breaking the flow of the game.

It's yet to be decided on concrete times that it can and cannot be used - offsides for example are quick and easy to sort, but penalty decisions are often subjective and should possibly be left to the referees interpretation.

Both systems use Hawk-Eye, first seen in the Rugby World Cup 2015, which allows refs to see multiple camera angles - something that VAR only trialled this summer.

The TMO system is seen as a good companion for referees in rugby, as the slower nature of the game allows them to check that the ball was properly grounded for tries or whether they missed an infringement.

That's not to say though that the system isn't without its critics, with many arguing that the TMO is being used too often and is starting to ruin the fundamentals of the game.

Fans and players are frustrated by near five minute wait's as the refs scrutinise the closest of knock-on calls, or try and decipher if the ball was correctly grounded from under a mass of a 20-stone bodies.

The technology can only go so far and currently the main similarity between the TMO and VAR is how they've split their respective fan bases.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

The technology can only go so far and currently the main similarity between the TMO and VAR is how they've split their respective fan bases.

Different and much slower that rugby and football but few, if any test cricket lovers complain about DRS......

11 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Never mind. Your only as good as your last game and that game against the mancs we won. Let’s be honest the form they’re in they’d smash us 

Much like Man City did over 2 legs?

Not saying we would win, absolutely not but I think we may have competed a bit better than you suggest. When we're on form and the crowd is up for it, we can make it tricky for anyone at AG.

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I definitely would have been annoyed with a home tie against Manchester. 

On reflection, I'm not bothered at all that we got knocked out. 

Bring on Norwich :boxing:

I have been to all the grounds of the teams in the draw, except Chelsea. I was convinced we would have drawn them away and therefore would have been pretty gutted. 

A few non footie people have asked me, and other City fans I know if we are gutted at being out, they are amazed when I tell them I’m not that bothered. Weird isn’t it, cos they don’t ask me if I’m gutted at losing to Leeds or someone. Magic of the cup I guess, being talked about on tv. 

3 hours ago, Super said:

We do have the VAR tech, but at the moment just being used at PL grounds.

I thought I read that although we have Goal Lin tech, if we did go up VAR would have to be installed, where did you find the info ?

Not saying you're wrong BTW, but I thought we would use it if it was there.

Archived