IGNORED

Man Utd fans last night!

BCFC1512

13 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Now firstly I know they had numbers and I know going 2-0 up early helps but my g0d wow they were superb all game! Literally don’t shut up all game! That’s what we need Saturday!!!

They get the mick ripped out of them a lot as a club and a lot of it rightly,  but their away fans are probably the best there is in England  in terms of the atmosphere they create. 

I despise Man Utd, but to be fair, their away support aren’t the ones that sum up everything that’s wrong with plastic fans. 

Just as some supporters are unlucky to support crap clubs, it’s not their loyal fans fault that they’ve had such success I’ve the past 25 years. 

Their songs are very good!

18 minutes ago, Super said:

I guess those that travel away don't go to the home games?

Well I imagine when you're not altogether and you're surrounded by the tourists and the daytrippers and people with nowhere near the same affiliation or passion for the club...that would be pretty soul-destroying.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Always one that comes out with that same old boring crap....

Well most people have found it amusing so far

It was also (in case you couldn't tell) q facetious comment; I used to live in Manchester and knew several Man Utd fans who watched them home and away. I always preferred the Utd fans to the City ones, who were just bitter and obsessed with their rivals (who does that sound like?!). However, it's still a fact that Man Utd derive millions of pounds of profit from people in the home counties who chose to support them because they were successful and in my experience tend to be borish know-it-alls who don't care about football outside of the top 10 in the Premier League. Man Utd fans from Manchester/Salford/Trafford are like any other; passionate and connected to their local club

How did you become a Man Utd fan?

22 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

It was also (in case you couldn't tell) q facetious comment; I used to live in Manchester and knew several Man Utd fans who watched them home and away. I always preferred the Utd fans to the City ones, who were just bitter and obsessed with their rivals (who does that sound like?!). However, it's still a fact that Man Utd derive millions of pounds of profit from people in the home counties who chose to support them because they were successful and in my experience tend to be borish know-it-alls who don't care about football outside of the top 10 in the Premier League. Man Utd fans from Manchester/Salford/Trafford are like any other; passionate and connected to their local club

There was a fella who drank in a local pub, in Longwell green to be exact, who was a massive  bellend United supporter supposedly, never been to OT but has all the shirts etc etc. When we drew them last year, he was an even bigger nause than he was beforehand, 'cricket score', 'play the kids', ' might let you off at 6'. Funnily enough, nobody has seen the tool for 12 months.

That said, Utd's vocal support last night was excellent. 

6 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Their allocation was awful just to accommodate more home fans if I remember rightly?

Are you saying that 2500 supporters can’t make a bit of noise?

Not sure what you mean by ‘just to accommodate more home fans?’ Of course the home club are going to try and accommodate more home fans in a quarter final of a major cup competition.

Their away support has been consistently excellent for years, in terms of numbers and noise. You tend to find that with midweek cup games like last night, the tourist types don't fancy it so the tickets fall into the 'right' hands.

Their home support is crap, like a lot of big clubs, however in my experience the more clued up amongst them acknowledge this and, unlike the fans of some other clubs, don't try and pretend otherwise.

3 hours ago, chipdawg said:

I knew you’d react like this! I’m obviously not a Man Utd fan, you won’t wind me up with pathetic comments like that!

I’m just bored of the same old ‘jokes’ that weren’t even funny when they were first peddled about 25 years ago.....interesting that you think that 12 ‘reactions’ to your post is ‘most people’ finding it amusing....Man Utd’s away following is awesome and mostly the proper fans from Salford etc.

How do you know details of the financial returns generated by people located in the Home Counties? You’re obviously a Man Utd fan .....

34 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Chimes sing Sunday morn
Today's the day she's sworn
To steal what she never could own
And race from this hole she calls home

Great band, Great tune 

Meh. Good but we'll overrated in my book. Wonder if I'll get as much feedback as when I said the Clash were! ?

Back on topic they were v loud. Have to say in my experience the genuine Manc supporters are insufferably arrogant we don't care about anybody else merchants. Could be just the ones I've met mind, so wouldn't to stereotype them all!!

Archived