IGNORED

Preston away

Redmycolour

26 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

When do tickets go on sale? Or am I too late? I couldn't find anything online. And there was also no answer from the away ticket, or supporters service hotlines, depite waiting for a total of 30 minutes following 3 separate calls. 

They're on sale now. Have a look at the Bristol Sport website.

1 hour ago, ZiderheadTJ said:

I’m taking the family to Blackpool for the weekend and I’m sneaking off to the game Saturday afternoon. First visit to Deepdale for me ?

I'm also off to Fylde's finest this weekend to stay with my second cousin, a Preston fan. During my last visit in August 1984 he took me to Deepdale to watch the Lillywhites featuring a young Geoff Twentyman, take on Doncaster Rovers.

Been going there since the 70’s, can’t remember any major trouble. 98 was a memorable loss1-2, had to sit in the home end promoted, but handed top spot to Watford. Got to know some PNE fans and still meet up here and there, a great bunch who love their football and moaning about the price of pies and pints...”how ****in’ much”

just wish we could shake the hoodoo getting fed up with the ribbing every season!

On 20/02/2019 at 10:10, bcfcredandwhite said:

I like the Preston fans - good bunch. 

Im just frustrated by their team - they always beat us!!

Horrible cheating bunch who yes, always find a way of beating us.

For once I hope we go up there and kick them all over the pitch and then get a winner in the 90th minute so they can feel some of our pain 

It’s a (worryingly) long time ago now and obviously things can change, but in the promotion season in 1998 both me and my dad travelled up but he had to get a ticket in the home end - he said they realised he was a City supporter and were the friendliest fans of another team he’d ever met. 

I wish they’d stop bloody stop beating us, though, or any historical goodwill might vanish....

Pne fan here! Always seem to do well against city and have a soft spot for them probably going back to them clapping us onto the pitch after promotion at AG.

our small squad was decimated over Christmas with a whole team out injured. However they’re now largely back and we’ve strengthened too which accounts for our climb away from trouble. Our top scorer was Robinson but he’s injured and now we have goals coming from all over. It’s much better football but if we’re 1-0 up with five to go expect us to manage the game out.

for goodness sake if we beat you don’t post “we should be beating teams like Preston” as it’ll be re posted everywhere!

coach parking is right next to the ground and yes the summers has gone.

ive watched north end for 30 years and never seen trouble so it should be a good day.

safe trip up “enjoy” Blackpool!!!

1 hour ago, Missionary said:

Pne fan here! Always seem to do well against city and have a soft spot for them probably going back to them clapping us onto the pitch after promotion at AG.

our small squad was decimated over Christmas with a whole team out injured. However they’re now largely back and we’ve strengthened too which accounts for our climb away from trouble. Our top scorer was Robinson but he’s injured and now we have goals coming from all over. It’s much better football but if we’re 1-0 up with five to go expect us to manage the game out.

for goodness sake if we beat you don’t post “we should be beating teams like Preston” as it’ll be re posted everywhere!

ive watched north end for 30 years and never seen trouble so it should be a good day.

How have Potts and Stockley settled in? I liked Potts at Blackpool, was surprised Hemmings sanctioned the money for it though.

1 hour ago, Missionary said:

Big fan of the ‘Teams like Preston’ flag. 

Pearson and Robinson being out is good for us, but still have some good players to be wary of, including Maguire up front. Potts is also the kind of player that I thought LJ might try to bring in (young, keen and relatively cheap). After being done over (again) in November, it's about time we got something of a match against Preston. Unfortunately as often seems to happen against them, we are in a bit of a slump, while they are on the up, so it's going to be tough.

Archived