IGNORED

Frank Lampard

daored

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Doesn’t seem ‘too soon’ for Frank to me. 

This is a club that plays football manager. Morata, £60m no good? Okay go get a carbon copy Higuaín if you prefer. 

Chelsea isn’t really a difficult managerial job because you have a blank cheque, a golden ticket. The difficulty at Chelsea lies in managing the prima donnas. 

Who could command that dressing room right now better than Frank Lampard? No one in my mind. Chuck JT as his assistant; I can’t see why you’d appoint anyone else. Their team picks itself, unless you’re Sarri and play every midfielder out of position. In the summer replace the defence. Obviously replace Hazard - which would probably allow a change in play to actually get the best out of a target man, and keep the dressing room on side. 

It is perfect for FL and JT. 

Don't forget Jody Morris

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Bloody Chelsea. Absolutely crap club. This is what happens if you sack every manager you have. Why on earth would Zidane go there, after his record with Real Madrid ?

As for Lampard - he had proven nothing thus far which is further proof what a joke of a club they are 

P.S Please sell us (cheaply) TK and JDS

Have you checked how many trophies Chelsea have won since he bought them? 

As a ‘traditionalist’ it’s not for me, but for Chelsea, if you want trophy’s it works.

BTW - I suspect Lampard would jump at it, as would his mate at Villa, as assistant .

14 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Have you checked how many trophies Chelsea have won since he bought them? 

As a ‘traditionalist’ it’s not for me, but for Chelsea, if you want trophy’s it works.

BTW - I suspect Lampard would jump at it, as would his mate at Villa, as assistant .

Their success has been more down to the blank chequebook that the managers get than the number of managers.

Could be argued they'd have had more success if one of the managers was actually given the time to finish building their squad and style.

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Bloody Chelsea. Absolutely crap club. This is what happens if you sack every manager you have. Why on earth would Zidane go there, after his record with Real Madrid ?

As for Lampard - he had proven nothing thus far which is further proof what a joke of a club they are 

P.S Please sell us (cheaply) TK and JDS

Since Abramovich took over he has sacked every manager he has appointed.  In that time they have won SEVENTEEN trophies. Yep, that really isn't working out for them is it. ?

8 hours ago, 29AR said:

Doesn’t seem ‘too soon’ for Frank to me. 

This is a club that plays football manager. Morata, £60m no good? Okay go get a carbon copy Higuaín if you prefer. 

Chelsea isn’t really a difficult managerial job because you have a blank cheque, a golden ticket. The difficulty at Chelsea lies in managing the prima donnas. 

Who could command that dressing room right now better than Frank Lampard? No one in my mind. Chuck JT as his assistant; I can’t see why you’d appoint anyone else. Their team picks itself, unless you’re Sarri and play every midfielder out of position. In the summer replace the defence. Obviously replace Hazard - which would probably allow a change in play to actually get the best out of a target man, and keep the dressing room on side. 

It is perfect for FL and JT. 

Totally agree. Plus add Tammy up front with Hudson Odi out wide, slowly introduce some of their other youngsters and the Bridge faithful would be a happy lot. 

6 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Yes he is. He is also an Israeli citizen, doesn't even need a visa to come here.

He does need a visa to come here to work but not to visit. (as soon as he approaches Stamford Bridge he will be adjudged to be working).

33 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Wonder how many managers he has gone through at chelsea got to be double figures.

scolari, matteo, and rafa lasted maybe a year between them?

Sarri is his 12th appointments. Not including Hollands and Wilkins who were in post for just days. 

Would Frank Lampard even consider it?

I know it's Chelsea, and the opportunity to manage a big club doesn't come along often, but he's got a good thing going at Derby and he'd be a fool to leave a full-time job at a promotion-contender to join a top-club on a temporary contract.

Archived