IGNORED

Gloucestershire Derby

Hampshire Red

11 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

There hasnt been a Bristol derby for so long, media interest may move to another fixture.What are the odds on a The Glos Derby next season or will Gas be the lowest placed league team in the area? Good things happening at Nailsworth and Yeovil.

Good things happening at Yeovil???? Are you sure about that?

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

They’ve just been bought by yanks who probably want to build on the ground! 

I’ve heard that some Jordanian bankers are taking over Rovers and they’ll be the 6th richest club in England. 

Couldnt come at a worse time, what with their new ground about to be built and I think they’ll be in the prem in 5 years. 

30 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

There hasnt been a Bristol derby for so long, media interest may move to another fixture.What are the odds on a The Glos Derby next season or will Gas be the lowest placed league team in the area? Good things happening at Nailsworth and Yeovil.

You do know that Yeovil isn’t anywhere near Gloucestershire..?!

33 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

There's already a Gloucestershire derby, the so called " EL Glostico" ......Forest Green v Cheltenham.  There's even been fighting between the fans at the last 2 meetings ....  all that vegan food probably,!

7 hours ago, CodeRed said:

There's already a Gloucestershire derby, the so called " EL Glostico" ......Forest Green v Cheltenham.  There's even been fighting between the fans at the last 2 meetings ....  all that vegan food probably,!

Forest Green have been and will always be a village team, where they are now us solely as they have been financially super charged by Vince as a means to promote his business.

When the mighty Tigers of Gloucester return home (hopefully next year) then the finally the club will have a chance to progress and eventually the real Glossico will resume. The clue is in the name! 

8 hours ago, CodeRed said:

There's even been fighting between the fans at the last 2 meetings ....  all that vegan food probably,!

Not sure a few bellends gesticulating with outstretched arms and shouting at each other constitutes fighting...and it was the vegan lager rather than the vegan food what did it, I expect ? 

10 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Forest Green have been and will always be a village team, where they are now us solely as they have been financially super charged by Vince as a means to promote his business.

Nothing wrong with being a village team Stevey. Nor is there anything wrong with the owner promoting his own business. Ashley is doing the same at Newcastle.

14 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Isn't this preferable to rich owners who treat football clubs as mere playthings? Shouldn't we be glad that local people are prepared to invest money in local football? I think I'd rather have this than selling out to faceless foreign investors.  

12 hours ago, Red7 said:

Isn't this preferable to rich owners who treat football clubs as mere playthings? Shouldn't we be glad that local people are prepared to invest money in local football? I think I'd rather have this than selling out to faceless foreign investors.  

It is and yes.

unless Glos City are your other team!

12 hours ago, steveybadger said:

When the mighty Tigers of Gloucester return home (hopefully next year) then the finally the club will have a chance to progress and eventually the real Glossico will resume. The clue is in the name! 

Them old Tigers need to get back to the Shire as soon as possible mate,  Dale Vinces plan to move FGR down to the motorway jct is in part trying to recruit support from Gloucester.

Up the Tigers I wish them well.

20 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Word in the shire is that Cheltenham fans threw real sausage rolls from Greggs at FG fans which is when it really kicked off.

I would actually prefer Cheltenham to do well over FGR and that hurts me saying that as a Glos City fan!

12 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Don't mind FGR or Cheltenham , hope they both do well, wouldn't mind seeing the sags and Swindle dropping out the league though

Rovers and Swindon are bigger clubs than FGR and Cheltenham so if they did end up playing in a higher league wouldn’t be forever,bit like when Man city were in league 1...

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

How is it working out playing at Evesham?  Must be difficult - is it 3 clubs they've shared with ( Chelt. FGR, Evesham) or have I missed one?  

Cirencester too I think. Tough losing Tim Harristhis season andChris Todd was a bit of a disaster. Recent form much better though.

but it's really all about coming home.

Archived