IGNORED

Who is our no1 player at present?

reddogkev

Of course, all subjective opinion, but who is the main man at the moment?

For me, this is an interesting question as there is no clear player that stands head and shoulders above the rest, like last season when we may have likely said Bobby Reid (or I would have).

But if pressed, who would you go for?

I'm surprised by my own choice, but after giving it much thought, I'm going for Marlon Pack.  Our midfield lynchpin who marshals the team and gives an extra layer of protection to the defence, whilst sporting a phenomenal range of passing skill.

Chips in with the odd goal or two, and gives JB chance to push on and help the attack.

How many of you might herald Webster or Kalas as the best at the moment?

I would probably agree with you on Pack. All the things you stated, plus I believe he is definitely a leader on the pitch & off it. Many would probably go with Webster or Kalas, but as good as they are, I don’t believe we have the same level/ability  of cover if Pack got injured as we do for the centre half position. Especially with Smith being injured. You could probably put an argument up for a few in fairness, which is only a good thing. COYR 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Needs to add more goals to his game.

Agree but not sure he is asked to pop up in the box very often(defensive responsibilities) and has been having his goes from outside the box. I am confident he will add a couple more this season which would take him over 5. Honestly would like to see a few more key passes from him more than goals

I think our best player is Kalas. You can't really teach the traits he has. There's a reason he has back to back promotions in this league and our back line is so secure. Webster is a close second.

If your criteria is more about who we can't afford to lose it's Brownhill for me. We don't have a remotely close alternative or replacement. Diedhiou would be second in this category.

Our best player has been Webster. 

Our most important player is Marlon Pack for me.  

The difference is that we do not have anyone else that can manage the game like Pack can.

Sure, no other defender can play out from the back like Webster, but when he hasn't played his deputies has filled in adequately and our defence has stayed tight.

As was proved on Sunday, take Pack out of the team and we lose the heartbeat of the team.

(I do rate Walsh very highly and feel he will mature into a player that can manage a game given the opportunity. Good understudy right now).

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Agree but not sure he is asked to pop up in the box very often(defensive responsibilities) and has been having his goes from outside the box. I am confident he will add a couple more this season which would take him over 5. Honestly would like to see a few more key passes from him more than goals

You def need one of your CM getting into the box. His scoring record isnt great.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

You def need one of your CM getting into the box. His scoring record isnt great.

Am just saying I don’t think LJ wants him to. We are more solid and I think that means Josh can’t be as free. If he was in a 3 or the number 10 I think he would get a fair few ala Browne at Preston but think we value him staying a bit deeper with his long shooting ability and athleticism to help stifle counter attacks.

How I view it anyway but agree about more goals and assists in general. Maybe that is part of his learning process. When to pick and choose when he can gamble and get in the box and when he needs to stay structured. 

I’m not counting Kalas (excellent though he is) because he’s only on loan, so it’s between Brownhill and Webster for me and I can’t really decide between them. Both of them seem destined for higher things.

Pack certainly showed his worth when he came on for the 2nd half on Sunday.

I think the beauty of this team at the moment is that it is just that. A TEAM. Without relying on 1 or 2 “stars” 

There are some stand out performers, of course, but they all need each other and work well as a whole team and wishing their specific departments. 

Archived