IGNORED

Who is our no1 player at present?

reddogkev

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think the beauty of this team at the moment is that it is just that. A TEAM. Without relying on 1 or 2 “stars” 

There are some stand out performers, of course, but they all need each other and work well as a whole team and wishing their specific departments. 

Numerous players in the squad are interchangeable. Take Webster and Pack out the team would be unable to function as it does. Other squad options do not have the ability to receive, retain , release with the same range.

6 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Am just saying I don’t think LJ wants him to. We are more solid and I think that means Josh can’t be as free. If he was in a 3 or the number 10 I think he would get a fair few ala Browne at Preston but think we value him staying a bit deeper with his long shooting ability and athleticism to help stifle counter attacks.

How I view it anyway but agree about more goals and assists in general. Maybe that is part of his learning process. When to pick and choose when he can gamble and get in the box and when he needs to stay structured. 

I get the impression he has been asked to get forward more, I've noticed him near to and in the box a lot more over the last few games.

Josh Brownhill by a mile .  

1- He’s playing with immense confidence and is outstanding game after game . 

2- As good as Kalas is ( and he’s been immense ) , we have several options if he was out for a few games . We haven’t got anyone to play Josh’s role that’s anywhere near as good . 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Josh Brownhill by a mile .  

1- He’s playing with immense confidence and is outstanding game after game . 

2- As good as Kalas is ( and he’s been immense ) , we have several options if he was out for a few games . We haven’t got anyone to play Josh’s role that’s anywhere near as good . 

I agree kalas is more replaceable but he's better than Brownhill... Webster too...

10 hours ago, Prinny said:

I think our best player is Kalas. You can't really teach the traits he has. There's a reason he has back to back promotions in this league and our back line is so secure. Webster is a close second....

He hasn’t got back to back to promotions in this league - he was at Fulham for the last two seasons....and when he was at Boro in  2015/2016 he was played mainly at right back and only appeared in just over half the league games...often coming on as sub...but, he’s been awesome for us and I agree with you that he’s our best player....

10 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Not really (although I do like him). I just wanted the excuse to post this!!!4BE55C65-EF1B-47FC-AADA-932EF5B07CDF.jpeg

No not suffering from dyslexia and going for Fammy. Like BCFCR&W, I just needed an excuse to post a Peruvian Tuna called Fanny

image.thumb.png.b476e8e00a352c6552ab9819ff82f5e0.png

40 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He hasn’t got back to back to promotions in this league - he was at Fulham for the last two seasons....and when he was at Boro in  2015/2016 he was played mainly at right back and only appeared in just over half the league games...often coming on as sub...but, he’s been awesome for us and I agree with you that he’s our best player....

Apologies misspoke/typed! 2 club promotions in 3 years with two different teams. Maybe I'm just thinking of this year with us!

Ooohhh tough one this, everyone is putting a real shift in atm and it's noticeable one someone has an off day e.g. Kelly v QPR. My vote goes to Webster - he's even given the confidence to Frankie to start playing! Seriously though, I think the solidity at the back has given confidence to the rest of the team to play - when I see him striding out from the back with his head up I can't stop myself from grinning - proper player. 

23 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Was found out a bit by Wolves, they targeted getting to him as they knew he likes to play out. Is a very good player though at our level. Brownhill and Calum look more like they can take a step up but not to a top 6 side. 

Pack though was above everyone when he came on vs Wolves. 

I don't think we have a player that would get into the Wolves side . 

Over the season it’s the two centre halves, over the last six games then it’s Brownhill, Pack has had one good half in the last ten games

Just scrolling through this whilst munching on my sugar free muesli with low fat Yaks milk before I dash of to my Yogic Flying session. Anyway, you’d probably expect us Guardian readers to say they’re all winners. However, I’d probably have to say the biggest difference has been made by Aden Flint, coz since he’s left our defence has been bloody brilliant. 

Archived