Maesknoll Red

• Admin
1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

It took ages to give the pen

What is really getting on my tits is that i have now seen 7 pens given

7 have been scored But every one of those pens had 7/8 players in the box

as the kick was taken  

To see that took one or two seconds So why no retake 

Depends which players in the box, defending players, then if it’s scored, so be it, it would be no advantage to the attacking team to have to retake it.  

It is getting bloody ridiculous now, the gamesmanship trying to put the penalty taker off.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Depends which players in the box, defending players, then if it’s scored, so be it, it would be no advantage to the attacking team to have to retake it.  

It is getting bloody ridiculous now, the gamesmanship trying to put the penalty taker off.

Each time there were attacking players 

As i said you could see that in seconds

IF you are going to have VAR play to the ducking rules

That didn’t look an intentional handball to me - and for a penalty or free kick to be awarded for handball, the laws are quite clear: it has to be deemed intentional. 

When seeing a replay, in super slow motion these things always look worse. In real time, Otamendi had a fraction of a second to react as the ball was fired towards him. With VAR, I think referees should be able to watch as many replays as they want, but the final replay they see should be in real time, and not slowed down to a quarter of the pace at which the incident originally happened. 

45 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

So, it seems the pitchside screen wasn’t working, so the ref couldn’t look at it and had to go with the VAR ref’s decision, he might have made a different decision.

Whatever technology is being used, the final decision must always be with the referee.

If, as was the case here, the referee could not view a replay of the incident, then the decision should have been the original decision the referee gave on the pitch in real time.

43 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Great turn around by City.

The Sane FK was sublime.

39 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Great contest. For ages it looked like City were going to be blunted. Instead they storm back at the end despite being down to 10.

37 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It reminded me of the old Man United. They wasn't always great but a lot of the time always found a way to win and that's what City did tonight.

Really don't understand how any City fan can refer to another team as 'City'. Just doesn't make any sense to me ?

11 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Really don't understand how any City fan can refer to another team as 'City'. Just doesn't make any sense to me ?

Its their name, just as its ours. Try Twitter where any reference to "Rovers" almost always means Blackburn!

VAR certainly proving a talking point.

In the other game, Morata had a goal disallowed for a very soft apparent foul- arguably not a clear and obvious error. Ajax last week had one disallowed in very marginal circs at a time they were quite a bit on top and the opposition up against it- beneficiaries 'surprisingly' Real Madrid in the latter...

Watch these- correct calls or not? In both cases, would be very aggrieved if I was on the wrong end (probably pretty relieved if the defending side)!

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

VAR certainly proving a talking point.

In the other game, Morata had a goal disallowed for a very soft apparent foul- arguably not a clear and obvious error. Ajax last week had one disallowed in very marginal circs at a time they were quite a bit on top and the opposition up against it- beneficiaries 'surprisingly' Real Madrid in the latter...

Watch these- correct calls or not? In both cases, would be very aggrieved if I was on the wrong end (probably pretty relieved if the defending side)!

Second video not working for me, first one absolutely offside. Close, but still offside

Video of last night's penalty if anyone hasnt seen it - for me it's harsh and I've had them go for and against me but his arm is out wide in the box. He's gained an advantage, shot was on target I can see why it's given

16 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Second video not working for me, first one absolutely offside. Close, but still offside

Video of last night's penalty if anyone hasnt seen it - for me it's harsh and I've had them go for and against me but his arm is out wide in the box. He's gained an advantage, shot was on target I can see why it's given

Hmm, that penalty- isn't clear and obvious but not a howler either IMO. One you'd want or hope for as an attacking side, and be aggrieved to concede as a defensive one. Whether VAR should award it I don't know.

The Ajax open and watched again- yeah offside, albeit very marginally.

Morata vid appears to have been removed- if there was contact it was very little and exaggerated- will find a better vid.

In terms of the first penalty though, our one on Sunday was more obvious and clear and we didn't get that, the first handball by Doherty from Da Silva cross!

It could be incredibly slight but unsure there's any contact there at all!

Archived