IGNORED

Steve Clarke

Super

1 hour ago, Super said:

Rangers proving they are no better than Celtic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47319032

Both as bad as each other hence ONE of their nicknames amongst fans of other Scottish clubs  ‘ The Bigot Brothers’.

Both clubs will come out and state their disgust and comment about how unacceptable the behavior of a ‘ small minority’ is.

And then they will do absolutely NOTHING about it.

The sectarian abuse aimed at Clarke was discussed in depth on Talk Sport this morning.

Various callers made fairly predictable comments but none of them seem to realise that by going public in the fashion he did he’s admitting that it bothered him.......and that will simply give other thickoes encouragement to do it again.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The sectarian abuse aimed at Clarke was discussed in depth on Talk Sport this morning.

Various callers made fairly predictable comments but none of them seem to realise that by going public in the fashion he did he’s admitting that it bothered him.......and that will simply give other thickoes encouragement to do it again.

Sorry, are you suggesting he should put up and shut up?!

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Sorry, are you suggesting he should put up and shut up?!

Did I say that?

The unfortunate situation is a double edged sword.

On one hand the abuse quite rightly needs to be highlighted but on the other hand Clarke has revealed that he’s emotionally vulnerable to such abuse and that will lead to other thickoes doing it again,

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Did I say that?

On one hand the abuse quite rightly needs to be highlighted but on the other hand Clarke has revealed that he’s emotionally vulnerable to such abuse and that will lead to other thickoes doing it again,

There is no double edged sword here, he is bothered by it because it is wrong!!

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Did I say that?

By your logic,  people saying they are effected by racism in public,  shows themselves as emotionally vulnerable to racism,  which encourages others to be racist.

Its transferring some of the responsibility with what happens next, when the problem is the racist not the reaction to it.

1 hour ago, redsince1994 said:

Did you see the state of the red card in that game?

One of the worst dives I have ever seen!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47313927

Someone needs to get a grip of referees pretty soon, otherwise games are going to decide into farce.

If the governing body of the football league can fine Leeds £200,000 then governing bodies on all football federations can do something positive about refereeing and, more importantly players feigning injuries or diving to elicit free kicks and penalties.

Don't even get me started on VAR. In the Man U Chelsea cup game, Luiz had a hole ripped in his shirt by the defender holding his shirt when he went up for an attacking corner. The commentator said something along the lines of that will be reviewed on Var - I wonder what they will make of it? Did anything happen - no bloody way! If referees cannot tell the difference between a defender trying to get his hand out of the way, and a deliberate handball then all the VAR replays in the world aren't going to help. Mind you, if the referee on Sunday could;t see a blatant handball 10 feet in front of him it makes you wonder whether referees only see what they want to see?

Referees have a thankless task, made more difficult by players' attempts to cheat in every which way. The only way I can see that anything will change is if clubs are penalised where it really hurts - points deductions - when their players are guilty persistent offences ( diving, simulation etc.)

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Did I say that?

I never said that you did, I asked if you were suggesting that, and it is clear that is exactly what you are.

'Emotionally vulnerable', get a grip he's hardly welling up with tears. In the space of a few days he's had a player hit by a coin and subjected to abuse himself, but the sage Robbored says don't show any reaction.

I suppose the FA shouldn't be reacting to Millwall's racist chanting, or Chelsea's recent abuses, don't want anyone thickos to feel empowered and like they achieved their aim would we... 

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re missing my point Turtle.

You don't have one. 

9 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I never said that you did, I asked if you were suggesting that, and it is clear that is exactly what you are.

'Emotionally vulnerable', get a grip he's hardly welling up with tears. In the space of a few days he's had a player hit by a coin and subjected to abuse himself, but the sage Robbored says don't show any reaction.

I suppose the FA shouldn't be reacting to Millwall's racist chanting, or Chelsea's recent abuses, don't want anyone thickos to feel empowered and like they achieved their aim would we... 

You don't have one. 

I’ll simplify my point AR as you clearly don’t grasp what is a very obvious point.

Clarke was exposed to sectarian abuse. It’s wrong and shouldn’t happen but it did, and not for the first time either. 

In his post match interview he was visibly upset by it and thanked Chelsea for having taken him and his family away from sectarian elements in Glasgow. 

However by showing that he was effected by it he’s exposed a vulnerability and surely you and all of us know that all clubs have a minority who will try to exploit that vulnerability and it’ll almost certainly happen again.

Why do you suppose that gay footballers don’t come out?  Because they know that they’ll be subjected to homophobic chants from opposition  fans. 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ll simplify my point AR as you clearly don’t grasp what is a very obvious point.

Clarke was exposed to sectarian abuse. It’s wrong and shouldn’t happen but it did, and not for the first time either. 

In his post match interview he was visibly upset by it and thanked Chelsea for having taken him and his family away from sectarian elements in Glasgow. 

However by showing that he was effected by it he’s exposed a vulnerability and surely you and all of us know that all clubs have a minority who will try to exploit that vulnerability and it’ll almost certainly happen again.

Why do you suppose that gay footballers don’t come out?  Because they know that they’ll be subjected to homophobic chants from opposition  fans. 

Right, so put up and shut up... 

What is rather amusing is that Clarke thanked Chelsea for taking him away from discrimination. The Chelsea of the 1980s, hardly the most tolerant support in the world. Chelsea had/have a tie in with Linfield and Rangers (the blues brothers). In addition the National Front were well represented in Chelsea's support at that time.

3 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Both as bad as each other hence ONE of their nicknames amongst fans of other Scottish clubs  ‘ The Bigot Brothers’.

Both clubs will come out and state their disgust and comment about how unacceptable the behavior of a ‘ small minority’ is.

And then they will do absolutely NOTHING about it.

Yep. Which makes the constant attempts by both sets of fans to take the moral high ground all the more laughable.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. Which makes the constant attempts by both sets of fans to take the moral high ground all the more laughable.

Seems to me that they are both succeeding in taking the moral low ground.

15 minutes ago, swanker said:

A thread discussing abuse descends into abuse. Seems people like abuse!

Masochists and trolls - for whom it gives them purpose - certainly a couple categories of people who go out of their way to seek abuse. Not to be confused with people wanting to abuse. 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Masochists and trolls - for whom it gives them purpose - certainly a couple categories of people who go out of their way to seek abuse. Not to be confused with people wanting to abuse. 

Ernest Hemingway wrote about OTIB - For Whom the Bellend Trolls.

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Another thread hijacked and ruined.

Thanks.

I make a perfectly simple but sensible point that certain posters unfortunately couldn’t  comprehend..... ....and you accuse me  of hijacking this thread!  

Good grief.............:facepalm:

The point I think Robbo was trying to make was your damned if you say something and damned if you don’t.

We have free will and have to accept the consequences of our decisions even when we make the right one. Being right is no protection particularly these days. 

As far as Glasgow football is concerned. Celtic supporters quite happily sing songs and hold up banners with vile abuse of British government and soldiers, calling someone a fienian bastard is the reaction and that pendulum swings backwards and forwards. So called Christians abusing each other over a sect is standard stuff that the Scottish parliament fails to deal with. 

Just leave them to their own petty devices. I could not care less about the religion, sect orientation of anyone which south of the border is pretty standard. England has moved on. Scotland hasn’t. Which is reflected in the standard of that god awful league and desperate City. 

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Is this kind of abuse allowed ?

Pathetic if you ask me

It’s just yet another schoolboy attempt at an insult from TM.................:rofl2br:

Its water off a ducks back to me Tony. I really couldn’t give a shit.

It does gets very dull and repetitive tho.............:sleeping:

I’m sure several other posters feel the same way.

Archived