IGNORED

Section 82/songs

Dannyred

Firstly I would like to state this is not a negative comment. Secondly I’m expecting some negative responseses to this and thirdly I don’t think the club has helped with the positioning of the singing section. 

Througout the the season now, people in and around where I sit have been getting board/fed up with the same songs that come out of section 82. I know this has been doing the rounds recently on here. We need to make the gate more of a fortress rather than singing these nice songs that last two minutes, for example the pato song. It dies out to quickly. We massively missed a trick with the pisano song, should have been, he came from Italy to play for the city, Pisano ohhh Pisano ohhh. Arsenal sang that for years about Vieria. Man City the same about Mancini. It echos nicely. Instead we’re singing that tune about fam living in knowle?!

Sunday v wolves we heard a new one about Webster, it sounds silly. Why not sing a webster song to the tune that spurs sing the dele alli song too. Let everyone know Webster is quality and we got him for a bargain of £5m/£7m. We’ve got Webster, Adam Webster, I just don’t think you understand..... it just lasts longer and will be sang over. 

Fans won’t like this one but, the bounce around the ground, that was Gary Johnson’s song. Watching different sections of the ground bouncing at different times, arms everywhere, it looks like a fan cam half time moment from a basketball game in the states. Bouncing is great, looks great. Take Sheffield Wednesday for example. The last few years at the gate the away end has been bouncing, they sing if you don’t f@cking bounce your a blade. That’s what we need. Something that gets everyone going at the same time. Leave the asking different stands aside and let’s get one end bouncing together, without arms going everywhere. 

Section 82 is amazing and what it’s trying to create is class. We just need to be more creative with it. The guy with the megaphone, fair play. His ginger mate who looks like he is going to explode clapping. It’s all good, we just need to use that megaphone to our advantage more. You need to be in the mix of it. Starting songs that last a while, for example. When we sing red army at away game. 10 minutes that could go and it sounds great. 

Like I said at the start, the corner where the club put you, it’s not ideal as it doesn’t hold the noise. I sit the other side of the south stand. When we get a corner after a good attack, we see your clapping and jumping but if there rest of the ground is chanting we can’t hear you. 

Wanted to voice mine, mates and others around me ideas and thoughts. Not saying it’s bad or I could do better but if we want to get behind the team for the play off push then let’s make it loud, nasty and not want the away teams to fancy them selfs at the gate. 

I think a lot of fans are not massively keen on singing slightly different variations of songs that have been used and are identified with other clubs.I know it is not easy coming up with originals but I love "our" songs.Whether its the Wurzels or Tom Thumb or anything that "belongs to us", I think many fans value these songs as part of our identity.

2 hours ago, Dannyred said:

Firstly I would like to state this is not a negative comment. Secondly I’m expecting some negative responseses to this and thirdly I don’t think the club has helped with the positioning of the singing section. 

Througout the the season now, people in and around where I sit have been getting board/fed up with the same songs that come out of section 82. I know this has been doing the rounds recently on here. We need to make the gate more of a fortress rather than singing these nice songs that last two minutes, for example the pato song. It dies out to quickly. We massively missed a trick with the pisano song, should have been, he came from Italy to play for the city, Pisano ohhh Pisano ohhh. Arsenal sang that for years about Vieria. Man City the same about Mancini. It echos nicely. Instead we’re singing that tune about fam living in knowle?!

Sunday v wolves we heard a new one about Webster, it sounds silly. Why not sing a webster song to the tune that spurs sing the dele alli song too. Let everyone know Webster is quality and we got him for a bargain of £5m/£7m. We’ve got Webster, Adam Webster, I just don’t think you understand..... it just lasts longer and will be sang over. 

Fans won’t like this one but, the bounce around the ground, that was Gary Johnson’s song. Watching different sections of the ground bouncing at different times, arms everywhere, it looks like a fan cam half time moment from a basketball game in the states. Bouncing is great, looks great. Take Sheffield Wednesday for example. The last few years at the gate the away end has been bouncing, they sing if you don’t f@cking bounce your a blade. That’s what we need. Something that gets everyone going at the same time. Leave the asking different stands aside and let’s get one end bouncing together, without arms going everywhere. 

Section 82 is amazing and what it’s trying to create is class. We just need to be more creative with it. The guy with the megaphone, fair play. His ginger mate who looks like he is going to explode clapping. It’s all good, we just need to use that megaphone to our advantage more. You need to be in the mix of it. Starting songs that last a while, for example. When we sing red army at away game. 10 minutes that could go and it sounds great. 

Like I said at the start, the corner where the club put you, it’s not ideal as it doesn’t hold the noise. I sit the other side of the south stand. When we get a corner after a good attack, we see your clapping and jumping but if there rest of the ground is chanting we can’t hear you. 

Wanted to voice mine, mates and others around me ideas and thoughts. Not saying it’s bad or I could do better but if we want to get behind the team for the play off push then let’s make it loud, nasty and not want the away teams to fancy them selfs at the gate. 

Most clubs' fans sing that song about one of their players; and it's shite. 

Best thing you and your cronies can do is try starting some chants of your own. Why is it today everyone must follow one group? I've heard stories of people who went to football in the 70s and 80s and they said what made the atmosphere great was how stands would try and out sing each other. Also in my opinion that Sheffield Wednesday chant is absolute aids.

36 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Best thing you and your cronies can do is try starting some chants of your own. Why is it today everyone must follow one group? I've heard stories of people who went to football in the 70s and 80s and they said what made the atmosphere great was how stands would try and out sing each other. Also in my opinion that Sheffield Wednesday chant is absolute aids.

I like the Wednesday chant, but can’t stand the Derby version. 

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Most clubs' fans sing that song about one of their players; and it's shite. 

I randomly went to Adam Drury testimonial, Norwich v Celtic at Carrow Road. Was in the Celtic end and they sang non-stop for about 3 hours, before during and after the game.

Don’t sell McCourt

Paddy McCourt

I just don’t think you understand 

That if you sell McCourt

Paddy McCourt

You’re guna have a riot on your hands

Was mint, but to be fair Celtics away support is a bit special (IMO).

4 hours ago, Dannyred said:

Section 82 is amazing and what it’s trying to create is class. We just need to be more creative with it

You say be more creative but suggest copying other clubs songs? 

Why don’t you and your mates start your own songs rather than relying on section 82?

5 hours ago, Dannyred said:

I sit the other side of the south stand. When we get a corner after a good attack, we see your clapping and jumping but if there rest of the ground is chanting we can’t hear you.

That’s called atmosphere, which is great that you can’t hear the stand you’re in - must be bloody noisy!

5 hours ago, Dannyred said:

So you want our fans “to be more creative” and your suggestion to achieve that is to copy a few, unoriginal, cringy ditties sung by fans of Arsenal, Spurs and Sheffield Weds....?!

2 hours ago, South Somerset Red said:

Good AIDS or Bad AIDS?

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

Must admit S82 are trying to create some Palace ultra shit with the new songs recently. That “Bristol City” one where they just make a load of noise before is nearly as bad as the Bobby Reid song and the “ole ole ole ola” shite. Really bad.

Hello again, Jordan.

We get it, you like certain songs better than others. What a very unique position for you to take..

Here's another unique idea for you. Sing them then.

The 'old school' songs are 'started' and enjoyed by us, just as often (if not more), than these ULTRA songs you so despise.

Though I gather your ticket is in our block(s), so I'm sure you're aware of that already.

We're always open to ideas though, so next time you're passing come and have a chat. Or pop in to the Spanish Bar next game and we'll grab you a beer.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

I'm just waiting for someone to start bringing up how amazing palace ultras are..... Please no!!

Funny i was thinking on Sunday when watching Donny v Palace about some of their 'songs' and how they sounded like boring endless tribal type chanting, their were too many like that ..

4 minutes ago, James said:

Hello again, Jordan.

We get it, you like certain songs better than others. What a very unique position for you to take..

Here's another unique idea for you. Sing them then.

The 'old school' songs are 'started' and enjoyed by us, just as often (if not more), than these ULTRA songs you so despise.

Though I gather your ticket is in our block(s), so I'm sure you're aware of that already.

We're always open to ideas, so next time you're passing come and have a chat. Or drop us a message and we'll sort a beer next game.

Cheers

Hello, James.

To address all of your points, I do sing them, and try and start them if and when I see fit, usually at away games.

I’m glad you enjoy them. 

My “gripe” isn’t with anyone in particular so I’m not sure why you’ve taken it personally, I think the songs are shit. S82 has, in my humble opinion, tried to recreate a Palace like ultra feel with some of the recent chants. That’d be fine for a club like Doncaster or Port Vale, but I don’t think Bristol City need to go down this route. Our collection of songs in the past have been really good, and as people have said in this thread and several others these new ones aren’t as catchy or original.

There are plenty of good song suggestions on here often, I assume you are the one with the megaphone or know of him given you’ve felt like I’ve directed this to you?

I’d be more than happy to meet for a beer, I’ve no suggestions to offer as they’ve fallen on deaf ears in the past and I’m not an orchestrator or some sort of Ukrainian ultra, just a normal match going fan that enjoys some good chants on a Saturday afternoon.

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Hello, James.

To address all of your points, I do sing them, and try and start them if and when I see fit, usually at away games.

I’m glad you enjoy them. 

My “gripe” isn’t with anyone in particular so I’m not sure why you’ve taken it personally, I think the songs are shit. S82 has, in my humble opinion, tried to recreate a Palace like ultra feel with some of the recent chants. That’d be fine for a club like Doncaster or Port Vale, but I don’t think Bristol City need to go down this route. Our collection of songs in the past have been really good, and as people have said in this thread and several others these new ones aren’t as catchy or original.

There are plenty of good song suggestions on here often, I assume you are the one with the megaphone or know of him given you’ve felt like I’ve directed this to you?

I’d be more than happy to meet for a beer, I’ve no suggestions to offer as they’ve fallen on deaf ears in the past and I’m not an orchestrator or some sort of Ukrainian ultra, just a normal match going fan that enjoys some good chants on a Saturday afternoon.

Thanks.

Hi Jordan,

Not particularly interested in getting in to a virtual war of words.

Though I will add that you're assumption that I'm involved in the organisational side of S82 is extremely shrewd. Especially considering the subject of most of my posts on here (congrats on picking up on my extremely subtle 'profile picture' too).

Therefore I'm sure you'll find it no surprise that comments such as 'S82 are trying to create some Palace ultra shit with the new songs ' will carry a certain 'personal' weight behind them..

The offer of a pint still stands, maybe drop me a PM if you'd like to have a chat.

Have a good one ?.

I think the Section 82 lads & lasses do a great job - as has been said time and again, if you’ve got a song you want to hear then sing it yourself and there’s no compulsion to join in if you don’t want to. I’m up topsides in S25 and when it gets going it’s great - and I have nothing but admiration for the crew that keep going regardless of whether or not fickle fans like me are joining in or not, that’s why I always pitch in and buy S82 Merch when I can afford it, wave flags when they are around and join in the singing when I am not screaming at the ref or arguing with the bloke next to me about whether De Silva should start or Kelly etc. 

Section 82 are the best thing happening in the South Stand - you want different? Start something yourself. 

35 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Hello, James.

I’m glad you enjoy them. 

Thanks.

No need to disrespect fans of Donny and Port Vale.....both proper sets of supporters, loyal as you like with more than decent songs......they don’t copy Palace....and before you ask, I know fans of both clubs....with Leeds and Stoke in their vicinities, these guys n gals are seriously loyal .....

Archived