IGNORED

Section 82/songs

Dannyred

31 minutes ago, James said:

Hi Jordan,

Not particularly interested in getting in to a virtual war of words.

Though I will add that you're assumption that I'm involved in the organisational side of S82 is extremely shrewd. Especially considering the subject of most of my posts on here (congrats on picking up on my extremely subtle 'profile picture' too).

Therefore I'm sure you'll find it no surprise that comments such as 'S82 are trying to create some Palace ultra shit with the new songs ' will carry a certain 'personal' weight behind them..

The offer of a pint still stands, maybe drop me a PM if you'd like to have a chat.

Have a good one ?.

Lots of mates are part of S82, it’s not just your exclusive group it’s the whole standing blocks, but thanks for the smarmy comment anyway. 

I may well do, thanks and yourself.

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to disrespect fans of Donny and Port Vale.....both proper sets of supporters, loyal as you like with more than decent songs......they don’t copy Palace....and before you ask, I know fans of both clubs....with Leeds and Stoke in their vicinities, these guys n gals are seriously loyal .....

Can’t speak for Port Vale but Donny are really bad for it, they try to recreate an ultra feel and all jump around to a drum singing “everywhere we goooo” like they’re at some African tribal event. It’s pretty hideous mate.

song for Adam Webster, which i have posted on here before but never heard it sung

to the tune of WE WILL ROCK YOU

ADAM  ADAM  WEBSTER CLAP CLAP

ADAM  ADAM WEBSTER  CLAP CLAP

Adam is a big boy plays centre half  get in his way  he,ll step on your calf

ADAM  ADAM  WEBSTER  ADAM ADAM WEBSTER

13 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

The joys of the Internet, it really has taken away any social interaction between people. Forums, social media etc, why can’t people just meet in person like they have for 000s of years and chat about things. 

Presumably you’re aware you’ve posted this on a forum, on a website, on the internet....?! Perhaps you should have yelled it out loud in the pub?!

12 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

song for Adam Webster, which i have posted on here before but never heard it sung

....I think there’s a reason you’ve ‘never heard it sung’....

12 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Must admit S82 are trying to create some Palace ultra shit with the new songs recently. That “Bristol City” one where they just make a load of noise before is nearly as bad as the Bobby Reid song and the “ole ole ole ola” shite. Really bad.

Hi Bessex,

S82 is only a small group of dedicated lads who turn up hours before KO to arrange displays and stay long after the final whistle to tidy them up. I've helped on occasion and have seen their enthusiasm first hand. They are all a good bunch of lads who give everything for the club and trying to improve atmosphere and match day experience for all.

They are also good in the fact they are happy for as many people to get involved, help and help create stuff - not 'clicky' at all. The now famous Kacey Palmer song for example wasn't their own creation but that of some fans who sit nearby - it's now an S82 megaphone staple.

You may not like/agree with some of what they do, but they are trying. I'd thoroughly recommend reaching out to them on social media or meeting up in person for a beer as has been recommended to you. They'll be happy to hear your feedback and welcome any help you'd presumably like to give on matchdays.

Negative comments and criticisms is not the way forward in this case. If S82 were not at the Gate, the atmosphere would be virtually non-existent.

15 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Hi Bessex,

S82 is only a small group of dedicated lads who turn up hours before KO to arrange displays and stay long after the final whistle to tidy them up. I've helped on occasion and have seen their enthusiasm first hand. They are all a good bunch of lads who give everything for the club and trying to improve atmosphere and match day experience for all.

They are also good in the fact they are happy for as many people to get involved, help and help create stuff - not 'clicky' at all. The now famous Kacey Palmer song for example wasn't their own creation but that of some fans who sit nearby - it's now an S82 megaphone staple.

You may not like/agree with some of what they do, but they are trying. I'd thoroughly recommend reaching out to them on social media or meeting up in person for a beer as has been recommended to you. They'll be happy to hear your feedback and welcome any help you'd presumably like to give on matchdays.

Negative comments and criticisms is not the way forward in this case. If S82 were not at the Gate, the atmosphere would be virtually non-existent.

Oh yeah, the group who turn up before kickoff and help to set things up are brilliant, fair play to them and their efforts are much appreciated.

I'm not overly critical, I don't want it to come across like that, I just think the chant selection has been pretty poor the last year or so that's all.

11 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Lots of mates are part of S82, it’s not just your exclusive group it’s the whole standing blocks, but thanks for the smarmy comment anyway. 

I may well do, thanks and yourself.

Can’t speak for Port Vale but Donny are really bad for it, they try to recreate an ultra feel and all jump around to a drum singing “everywhere we goooo” like they’re at some African tribal event. It’s pretty hideous mate.

Sounds like they are enjoying themselves whilst doing it, what’s wrong with that?

5 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Sounds like they are enjoying themselves whilst doing it, what’s wrong with that?

So are Crystal Palace fans, why aren't you responding to comments in this thread mocking their support asking "sounds like they are enjoying themselves whilst doing it, what’s wrong with that?"

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

Oh yeah, the group who turn up before kickoff and help to set things up are brilliant, fair play to them and their efforts are much appreciated.

I'm not overly critical, I don't want it to come across like that, I just think the chant selection has been pretty poor the last year or so that's all.

Ironically a few months back, S82 came under fire yet again for not singing/promoting enough of the 'classic' City chants.

Duly at the next home game they tried multiple times to get the old favorites going and it flopped.

On the contrary the new stuff actually banged very well and generated loud noise around the whole ground. Their Facebook group has some excellent videos highlighting this if anybody requires proof of what I'm saying.

On 21/02/2019 at 18:04, South Somerset Red said:

Best thing you and your cronies can do is try starting some chants of your own. Why is it today everyone must follow one group? I've heard stories of people who went to football in the 70s and 80s and they said what made the atmosphere great was how stands would try and out sing each other. Also in my opinion that Sheffield Wednesday chant is absolute aids.

'Absolute aids'.....WTF

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 22:43, dunsteral said:

Adam is a big boy plays centre half  get in his way . *** he,ll step on your calf

Why would he step on baby cows..?  The barsteward!

( btw try.   .. *** snap you in half  ) 

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 22:43, dunsteral said:

I've got a song that will get on yer nerves, get on yer nerves, get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves.. but never heard it sung

;) 

On 21/02/2019 at 20:35, Lew-T said:

I like most songs that come out of Ashton Gate, the S82 in particular but that Adam Webster song is absolutely gash.

The lad deserves better.

? You were working as a tractor boy near Folkestone when we bought you. Lee picked you out and snapped you up and made our defence brand new. Now six months later on you've got the world at your feet, success has been so easy for you, but just remember where Town are now - you could be down there too.... Adam Webster baby, Adam Webster oh oh oh oh, Adam Webster baby, who needs Flinty when we've got you? ... Reprise   :mafia:

How about one for Tomas Kalas to the tune of Town Called Malice eh @BS4 on Tour...

Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
Header after header, clear after clear
Our defender’s as cool as ice, he leaves his striker dead (might need a bit of work)
He’s Tommmm-oossss Kalas, ooh yeah

[repeat]

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

How about one for Tomas Kalas to the tune of Town Called Malice eh @BS4 on Tour...

Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
Header after header, clear after clear
Our defender’s as cool as ice, he leaves his striker dead (might need a bit of work)

[repeat]

Any adaptation of a Jam tune is fine by me, unless another club’s fans already do it.....and there is a line in ‘Malice’ that is perfect for many City seasons... “.....struggle after struggle, year after year...”

You’ve got me thinking now - Jam songs adapted for City players....surely we can do something with:

‘Billy Hunt’ - Jack Hunt (“....Jacky Hunt’s is a magical world, full of strippers & long-legged girls, Clark Kent’s got nothing on me, I’ll spy like James Bond and die like King Kong....Jacky Hunt, Jacky Hunt, Jacky, Jacky, Jacky, Jacky Hunt, Jacky Hunt..”)

‘David Watts’ - Bailey Wright (“...I wish I could be like Bailey Wright...”) - yep, I know it was originally a Kinks song...

‘That’s Entertainment’ - Adam Webster (“....a superstar in the centre of our defence, stole him from Suffolk and he has been immense....that’s Adam Webster, that’s Adam Webster....”)

I’m on one now Fevs - any excuse to play the entire Jam back catalogue.....it could be a long Merlot evening ahead....I’ll keep @Robbored updated on my creations...he loves ‘terrace chants’ being suggested on here...

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Any adaptation of a Jam tune is fine by me, unless another club’s fans already do it.....and there is a line in ‘Malice’ that is perfect for many City seasons... “.....struggle after struggle, year after year...”

You’ve got me thinking now - Jam songs adapted for City players....surely we can do something with:

‘Billy Hunt’ - Jack Hunt (“....Jacky Hunt’s is a magical world, full of strippers & long-legged girls, Clark Kent’s got nothing on me, I’ll spy like James Bond and die like King Kong....Jacky Hunt, Jacky Hunt, Jacky, Jacky, Jacky, Jacky Hunt, Jacky Hunt..”)

‘David Watts’ - Bailey Wright (“...I wish I could be like Bailey Wright...”) - yep, I know it was originally a Kinks song...

‘That’s Entertainment’ - Adam Webster (“....a superstar in the centre of our defence, stole him from Suffolk and he has been immense....that’s Adam Webster, that’s Adam Webster....”)

I’m on one now Fevs - any excuse to play the entire Jam back catalogue.....it could be a long Merlot evening ahead....I’ll keep @Robbored updated on my creations...he loves ‘terrace chants’ being suggested on here...

Years back tried Eton Rifles for Tom Heaton but it didn’t get traction. Got close a few times. 

Hello hooray - what a great save - Heaton Stifles, Heaton Stifles. 

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m on one now Fevs - any excuse to play the entire Jam back catalogue.....it could be a long Merlot evening ahead....

Have to say the Adam Webster - ‘that’s entertainment’ is genius !

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

or Start! for Mo Eisa

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Years back tried Eton Rifles for Tom Heaton but it didn’t get traction. Got close a few times. 

Hello hooray - what a great save - Heaton Stifles, Heaton Stifles. 

I remember you highlighting that one H - thought it was brill. Way back in the dim and distant, Burnley had a player called Paul Weller - he scored a late equaliser and the tabloids didn’t let us down - “Weller gets Burnley out of a Jam”.....

Archived