IGNORED

Chelsea transfer ban (Merged)

Cyderman

Indicates that our own FA and EFL, EPL as weak as piss in terms of disciplinary in general and particularly with big clubs- view I've held for a while.

If Birmingham get a 12 point deduction my view would change in one respect but...

Chelsea though they may actually have to field some youth more readily now. 

The FA were fined too incidentally, not quite sure why. Chelsea won't be able to buy Semenyo yet anyway.

3 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Wouldn’t say it really effects us and deals for those players as they won’t get a look in at Chelsea anyway. Could mean Tammy gets some game time for them though with them being light upfront

They usually wouldn't but what if now the "big players" at Chelsea decide they want out, I mean if they can't sign anymore players for two years that's their title push out of the window. 

Dasilva may now see his chance to get into the starting team as realistic, especially if Alonso or Emerson choose to leave, he'd be the back up left back purely by numbers. 

Palmer is one I don't think they'll miss, they have plenty of attacking midfielders but with them not being able to buy they're not going to make profits off of their big players so the youth suddenly are valued higher as income. 

Kalas was out of our price range to begin with but now Chelsea have 5 CBs and use 3 at the back meaning 3 starters and 2 backup, should one of two of those leave Kalas is in with a shout. 

The idea that this won't affect any permanent deals is wrong, now the youth stockpile Chelsea have are actually off value to them again, maybe not all but a fair few at least. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

They usually wouldn't but what if now the "big players" at Chelsea decide they want out, I mean if they can't sign anymore players for two years that's their title push out of the window. 

Dasilva may now see his chance to get into the starting team as realistic, especially if Alonso or Emerson choose to leave, he'd be the back up left back purely by numbers. 

Palmer is one I don't think they'll miss, they have plenty of attacking midfielders but with them not being able to buy they're not going to make profits off of their big players so the youth suddenly are valued higher as income. 

Kalas was out of our price range to begin with but now Chelsea have 5 CBs and use 3 at the back meaning 3 starters and 2 backup, should one of two of those leave Kalas is in with a shout. 

The idea that this won't affect any permanent deals is wrong, now the youth stockpile Chelsea have are actually off value to them again, maybe not all but a fair few at least. 

Chelsea don’t use three centre backs. They play a back four. 

To save opening the link

Chelsea have been banned from signing players in the next two transfer windows for breaching rules in relation to youth players, Fifa has announced.

They have also been fined 600,000 Swiss francs, while the Football Association has been fined 510,000 Swiss francs.

The ban does not prevent the release of players and will not apply to Chelsea's women's and futsal teams.

The Premier League club have been given three days to appeal against the world governing body's decision.

It comes following a Fifa investigation into the Blues' signing of foreign under-18 players, including former striker Bertrand Traore.

Based on documents from Football Leaks, French website Mediapart claimed 19 Chelsea signings had been looked at in a three year-long investigation.

Mediapart alleged that 14 of those signings were under the age of 18.

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Got to be bad news. Can’t be good news. 

We have a deal with Dasilva anyway. Palmer is still to convince.  Kalas arguably out of our budget

Da Silva worries me as Chelsea's left backs Alonso and Palmieri are questionable. I don't think JDS is up to the level but he might be kept around. This is fantastic news for Abraham however.

3 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Da Silva worries me as Chelsea's left backs Alonso and Palmieri are questionable. I don't think JDS is up to the level but he might be kept around. This is fantastic news for Abraham however.

They had already looked to sell him to us, greatness this might change things but maybe they were thinking they didn’t need him anyway. I don’t think Palmer will get a look in, Kalas and Tammy are of course a different matter. Who else have they got out on loan, can’t just be us and Villa who have players?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

They had already looked to sell him to us, greatness this might change things but maybe they were thinking they didn’t need him anyway. I don’t think Palmer will get a look in, Kalas and Tammy are of course a different matter. Who else have they got out on loan, can’t just be us and Villa who have players?

Frank Lampard's Derby have some.

It leaves them with a slight dilemma for sure though because last season, although Chelsea posted record profits...

The profit they posted was a brilliant £70.7m before tax (post tax that was £65.3m). However this was with CL revenue and more importantly gain on player sales of £113m. Not sure how much CL revenue worth vs Europa League- surely a reasonable amount though.

Seems it is a key part of their business model- but will they be able to keep selling and loaning given they cannot replace until Summer 2019?? Throw in no CL revenue this year and though Abramovich would cover losses, they have a sudden financial hole to fill.

Suppose sacking Conte you can knock £9m off costs but it shows how reliant they are on player sales/loan fees etc.

It could make players more obtainable for us or less- because they may well be looking for higher and higher fees for Kalas etc this summer or it could force a bit of a firesale maybe. Hard to judge. The other possibility is that they suddenly start using youth as a means to build a side rather than make money.

They will appeal, and then the summer window will be open during the appeal so they will be able to sign players. 

So rather than signing players in Summer and Jan they will do all of their business early.

Dont think it’ll affect our players, maybe mean they stick a big bid for Semenyo in first thing.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

They will appeal, and then the summer window will be open during the appeal so they will be able to sign players. 

So rather than signing players in Summer and Jan they will do all of their business early.

Dont think it’ll affect our players, maybe mean they stick a big bid for Semenyo in first thing.

Some clubs have had these types of bans reduced from 2 windows to one- it could happen, based on precedent etc.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Loads. Off the top of my head they have Mount and Tomori at Chelsea, Hector at Wednesday, Todd Kane at Hull, Tammy at Villa, Aina at Torino, Batshuayi at Palace etc etc...

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

Two windows, so presumably Summer/Winter

25 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Chelsea don’t use three centre backs. They play a back four. 

Sarri used 3 in multiple games, the same formation he used at Napoli. He's mostly used a back 4 because he was unhappy with how the players played in the 3-4-3 so he's reverted to the modified 4-3-3. Either way, if he uses 4-3-3 Dasilva may have an in, if he uses 3-4-3 Kalas may have an in and in both cases Chelsea are going to be more reluctant to sell high quality youth players knowing they can't buy in. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some clubs have had these types of bans reduced from 2 windows to one- it could happen, based on precedent etc.

Barcelona were given a 2 window embargo  ( also, I think, for irregularities when signing young players) with no reduction. If that's the precedent, then unless Abramovich seriously greases some palms, then I can't see them treated any more leniently than Barca.

There big worry now must be losing Hazard in the summer and not being able to replace him. Surely Hazard's move is made more likely, as Chelsea cannot strengthen again until next summer at the earliest, so won't be in a better position to challenge next season, even with a new manager.

48 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Doesn’t worry me, as good as he is, he isn’t a top 6 left back, same can be said about Palmer and kalas

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

Sarri used 3 in multiple games, the same formation he used at Napoli. He's mostly used a back 4 because he was unhappy with how the players played in the 3-4-3 so he's reverted to the modified 4-3-3. Either way, if he uses 4-3-3 Dasilva may have an in, if he uses 3-4-3 Kalas may have an in and in both cases Chelsea are going to be more reluctant to sell high quality youth players knowing they can't buy in. 

They still have Miazga, Omeruo, Zouma and tomori out on loan too. Fee agreed for Dasilva and Palmer nowhere close to their first team.

If we don’t get one of the loaness it is because they don’t want to come here or we can’t afford. The ban will have no affect on us signing any of those 3

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Think you might be getting confused as I cannot see any games where they have lined up with a back 3. 32 games this season and checked most of them. All a back four.

Conte switched from a 4 to a 3 when he was in charge which might be where the confusion lies 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Doesn’t worry me, as good as he is, he isn’t a top 6 left back, same can be said about Palmer and kalas

He doesn't need to be, he just needs to be one of the two best at Chelsea as of today, should one or two leave he may well be. The fee agreed was prior to this change in Chelsea's ability to do transfer business, should Dasilva be one of the two best left back options they have in the next two years he may get a chance.

I don't think it's likely to change the situation right this second because the chances are Chelsea are looking into some kind of appeal and hoping it won't remain two years but I'm sure they'll be a lot less reluctant to follow through on deals if suddenly they find themselves in need of the player.

33 minutes ago, Spike said:

He doesn't need to be, he just needs to be one of the two best at Chelsea as of today, should one or two leave he may well be. The fee agreed was prior to this change in Chelsea's ability to do transfer business, should Dasilva be one of the two best left back options they have in the next two years he may get a chance.

I don't think it's likely to change the situation right this second because the chances are Chelsea are looking into some kind of appeal and hoping it won't remain two years but I'm sure they'll be a lot less reluctant to follow through on deals if suddenly they find themselves in need of the player.

Im pretty sure it's 2 windows, not 2 years.

It's the same punishment that Barcelona received for a similar offence, and as Barca had to serve the full embargo the chances of Chelsea getting more lenient treatment must be slim/non-existant.

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Im pretty sure it's 2 windows, not 2 years.

It's the same punishment that Barcelona received for a similar offence, and as Barca had to serve the full embargo the chances of Chelsea getting more lenient treatment must be slim/non-existant.

Ah, if it's just two windows then essentially it's 1 year, if that's the case then I doubt very much anything will have an impact, they'll just refuse to sell any players and wait it out.

25 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ah, if it's just two windows then essentially it's 1 year, if that's the case then I doubt very much anything will have an impact, they'll just refuse to sell any players and wait it out.

As I mentioned earlier, it does make theHazard situation a bit more "interesting".

It looked/looks like he would be going to R Madrid in the summer, and Chelsea would have used the £100m+ touring in a replacement. Hazard seems the sort of players who downs tools when he doesn't like a manager or doesn't get his own way, so will Chelsea want to risk not letting him go , knowing that they can;'t replace him if he does?

Archived