IGNORED

Chelsea transfer ban (Merged)

Cyderman

11 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think it might be a bit premature to suggest that Da Silva will be here next season.

Yes a fee has been agreed but that doesn’t take into account what the lad himself may want to do.

But being first choice in a team 6th in the Championship is a pretty good result for him. I should think he’d consider moving.

7 minutes ago, Leveller said:

But being first choice in a team 6th in the Championship is a pretty good result for him. I should think he’d consider moving.

As it stands from the outside looking in he is our first choice LB (just ahead of Lloyd based on form).  You’d think he’d want to come here unless gets interest from Prem. 

Kalas is 26 in May, he’s never getting a chance at Chelsea imho.  Just depends what he wants to do with his career.

Palmer will never make it at Chelsea.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As it stands from the outside looking in he is our first choice LB (just ahead of Lloyd based on form).  You’d think he’d want to come here unless gets interest from Prem. 

Kalas is 26 in May, he’s never getting a chance at Chelsea imho.  Just depends what he wants to do with his career.

Palmer will never make it at Chelsea.

Thing that worries me about JDS is all the younger ones going abroad. Granted they go for minutes and Jay is getting them but with his age and ability I could see top division sides across Europe looking at him. He’d be a hit in La Liga I think

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thing that worries me about JDS is all the younger ones going abroad. Granted they go for minutes and Jay is getting them but with his age and ability I could see top division sides across Europe looking at him. He’d be a hit in La Liga I think

Yeah, should’ve said “Prem / Abroad”

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It leaves them with a slight dilemma for sure though because last season, although Chelsea posted record profits...

The profit they posted was a brilliant £70.7m before tax (post tax that was £65.3m). However this was with CL revenue and more importantly gain on player sales of £113m. Not sure how much CL revenue worth vs Europa League- surely a reasonable amount though.

Seems it is a key part of their business model- but will they be able to keep selling and loaning given they cannot replace until Summer 2019?? Throw in no CL revenue this year and though Abramovich would cover losses, they have a sudden financial hole to fill.

Suppose sacking Conte you can knock £9m off costs but it shows how reliant they are on player sales/loan fees etc.

It could make players more obtainable for us or less- because they may well be looking for higher and higher fees for Kalas etc this summer or it could force a bit of a firesale maybe. Hard to judge. The other possibility is that they suddenly start using youth as a means to build a side rather than make money.

I want their accountant! ?

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Like one of my fave tipples, it’s JD - Dasilva is one word....not that important, but even so....I’m still getting over all the ‘Landsdown’ references!

I even knew it was JD but for some reason on that day I typed JDS. Weird. Though every fibre of my being wants to say it Da Silva. Probably because it is rare to see it as 1 name

I'll be surprised if they go mental.

Won't be surprised if a few senior players move out and are replaced with (more expensive) but younger versions, but from what I have read, fans seem more than happy watching their academy kids coming in and doing a job.

Every side seems to be so far behind Liverpool at the moment, 100mil dropped in Jan is unlikely to make any sort of impact.

Depends if they're playing the system Frank wants to play or just the one that best fits with the players he has, I expect they'll try for a couple but they've been linked with Chillwell for example, would he leave Leicester currently being above Chelsea? And even if Leicester would be open to the idea January when they're top 4 I expect they'd want at least what they got for Maguire, they had a ready replacement for HM, do they for Chillwell?

Archived