IGNORED

Tomorrow's Opponents - Norwich City's Tactics under Daniel Farke

Coppello

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

Below is an interesting video released this week which analyses how Norwich set up under Daniel Farke, whilst also giving an overview of his managerial career:

Excellent video, Coppello. Norwich are very well drilled, but will give us space, especially behind their high playing full-backs.

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I was watching that video thinking more than a few things could easily apply to us and the way we play.

No doubt at all that LJ and his assistants will know exactly what to expect at Carrow Rd tomorrow. As with every Championship match the homework will have been done to the highest degree.

I’m quietly confident that they will have come up with a strategy to counter the Norwich threats and a specific strategy for our own game plan.

Lets hope it works....

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt at all that LJ and his assistants will know exactly what to expect at Carrow Rd tomorrow. As with every Championship match the homework will have been done to the highest degree.

I’m quietly confident that they will have come up with a strategy to counter the Norwich threats and a specific strategy for our own game plan.

Lets hope it works....

I agree, and just to make sure Scotty Murray watched their training session  this morning ?

Worth the £200k fine.

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

Below is an interesting video released this week which analyses how Norwich set up under Daniel Farke, whilst also giving an overview of his managerial career:

Saves anyone having to drive to Norwich to look over the fence and watch them train! ?

Ah, I see @ScottishRed beat me to it!

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

A game I would risk Taylor in Diedhiou spot

Fam will more than likely receive the ball around 12 times tomorrow and we know he will therefore only complete 7 successful passes. 

Play Taylor, and a more pressing on the break style, get Taylor on ball higher up than Fam normally does. Better tactic for this game 

Yep, i'd go with Taylor for this one. Bit more intelligent and wily on the ball. Will be needed Sat.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Big gamble playing Taylor up top on his own for the first time in what looks like our hardest game of the season. I'm not against it, as I completely get why he could play there and it could work, although it could really not work too. But Diedhiou has been very good away from home so I expect him to keep his place. We have won so many in a row in the league, so it would surprise me if Johnson made this change. 

I think Taylor deserves his chance to start though. I don’t remember the last time Diedhiou had a good game, or contributed to our play apart from defending corners.

Can’t afford to lose the ball so easily when we attack tomorrow as Norwich will just punish us. At least Taylor will come short, receive the ball and spread the play to allow others to contribute.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

O'Dowda was outstanding in the home match. Really exploited the spaces. Key player for us, especially tomorrow.

Yes, he was good that game...and I think against teams like Norwich, he gets that little bit more space to open his legs.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Big gamble playing Taylor up top on his own for the first time in what looks like our hardest game of the season. I'm not against it, as I completely get why he could play there and it could work, although it could really not work too. But Diedhiou has been very good away from home so I expect him to keep his place. We have won so many in a row in the league, so it would surprise me if Johnson made this change. 

Agree, usual side please. No nonsense like picking Kelly ahead of DaSilva.

Most of all LJ needs to get the tactics/shape right from the off, we cannot afford another no-show first half like we had against QPR & Wolves, need to be at them from the start. Not gung-ho, but not sitting back too deep and inviting pressure either. 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

A game I would risk Taylor in Diedhiou spot

Fam will more than likely receive the ball around 12 times tomorrow and we know he will therefore only complete 7 successful passes. 

Play Taylor, and a more pressing on the break style, get Taylor on ball higher up than Fam normally does. Better tactic for this game 

Although it cannot be underestimated how much work Diedhiou does defending 

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agree, usual side please. No nonsense like picking Kelly ahead of DaSilva.

Most of all LJ needs to get the tactics/shape right from the off, we cannot afford another no-show first half like we had against QPR & Wolves, need to be at them from the start. Not gung-ho, but not sitting back too deep and inviting pressure either. 

I’m very confident that LJ and his coaches know what they’re doing OE.

They certainly will have come up with a game plan for tomorrow.

It’ll be a question of whether the players implement the strategy...

Archived